May 21, 2024, 11:24:53 PMLatest Member: mtaletbwow
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » To all staff that applied

To all staff that applied

Started by iwasbobo, March 10, 2011, 08:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasbobo

What made your application so special?

I consistently see staff denying applications because the application was "just like the rest". So what does it take to become a staff member? Seems to be a popularity contest, since Fira even waits for what the entire community says. So if the community all accepts the person, then that person has a higher chance. I don't find that it's based on the application. The only part that I find to be looked at in an application is grammar/essay skills. >_>

Quote from: Pokeh'this is called the blockimus-glieicha, also known as the block glitch'

NeoKiller

Thats not true at 100%, Kevin got approved from all people in this community.(He seems very popular).
Then Allie came and denied as the only person.

Kevin

Yup, same with Khaos (I've heard). It does help if Kenny or Allie know what your like away from the community, but as Neo said, it's definitely not 100% dependant on that alone. Perhaps .5% of it is.

As for the 'Application repetiveness' If you check the Applications closely, you'll find that a lot of players had generic answers such as 'I'd like to help out the community and catch hackers'. While that's an important aspect, it's not the cream of the crop.

iwasbobo

Quote from: NeoKillerI started playing BOTS 2006 and played it until it closed, of course there were some time periods were I made a brake and didn't play.
After Bots closed and I found out that BoutCheetah was online again, I started playing against excitedly. Now I'm playing BC already for 5 month and I rarely got bored of it.
Also I am GM on a "Metin2" private server which all together with my long time period on bots speaking for my experience.

I think my main quality's are that I respect everyone who deserves respect, I'm friendly, I accept decisions from higher positions then myself and I also try to help out where I can.
I think I am pretty well-known here so I got no problems to talk to anyone about different issues.
There are no people who I dislike or with who I have argue or flame wars or anything.
By becoming a moderator I will try to be good example of attitude for the other players and I think I can also handle the duty's of a moderator.

You can build your own opinion about if I am mature or not. I can be serious in any situation as well as having fun and joking around with friends.

If you might want to know about any characteristics where I could fail as moderator, there are none I could tell you spontaneously but if there are any I try to correct them by           
being a moderator.

Other people have been turned down, although they have said they have experience as a staff member on a different game. So your GM position on another game isn't special enough.

Just because you started playing in 2006, that doesn't mean you have the experience to be a good mod. I believe others were turned down even though they had played in 2006. Not special. >:O

Although you being dedicated to the game is great, many other people are like that, too, that have been turned down. Not special.

I know of many others that respect others and are friendly. Taking decisions from higher-ups is a must in anything. Again, not special.

Popularity. See my post above. Not special

Could just mean you aren't opinionated and like to keep to yourself. Not special.

Anyone can do that as a moderator. Not special.

Many people are like this. Not special.

Obviously you and others aren't going to write bad spots on their applications. Not special.

-----

Not picking on you, you're just the first that posted. Tell me what made your application so good.

Quote from: Pokeh'this is called the blockimus-glieicha, also known as the block glitch'

NeoKiller

March 10, 2011, 10:23:39 PM #4 Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:29:47 PM by NeoKiller
It would be better if you ask Allie I think, she decided to pick me, I just gave my best to write my application I didnt say it is perfect like I did it.

Shadow

March 10, 2011, 10:33:48 PM #5 Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:51:39 PM by Shadow
Quote from: Kevin on March 10, 2011, 10:02:57 PM
Yup, same with Khaos (I've heard). It does help if Kenny or Allie know what your like away from the community, but as Neo said, it's definitely not 100% dependant on that alone. Perhaps .5% of it is.

As for the 'Application repetiveness' If you check the Applications closely, you'll find that a lot of players had generic answers such as 'I'd like to help out the community and catch hackers'. While that's an important aspect, it's not the cream of the crop.
Yeah I got denied like you, unfortunately, because I'm quite sure you would be able to do the job as well as you did before.  And I just wanted another shot with the staff team and pick up where I left off when I had to resign.  But all well that's the past lol.

Also about people being denied it is quite weird how a lot of people whose apps, in my opinion, were better than some of the current staff's applications.  Here I think it almost depends on your popularity, like kenken182's app, I thought it was pretty good and definitely had some stuff some others didn't have but yet you have people like Tekimoto (or however you spell it) who say things like  "Denied.  I don't see anything special here."  And honestly I think some people just deny because they can't have the position themselves.  But it all matters on if people here like you or know you or not rather than if you actually have the qualifications for the job.
BOUTCHEETAHS FIRST PLAYER TO LOGIN ON THE PRIVATE SERVER, FIRST PLAYER TO BE ADDED AS A GM, FIRST PLAYER TO REACH MAX LEVEL.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-