May 07, 2024, 04:10:48 AMLatest Member: Hayden91P9
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Feedback/Rants » Idea to prevent the game from Extincting.

Idea to prevent the game from Extincting.

Started by AWERLORD, December 03, 2011, 07:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AWERLORD

Greatings dear readers.
First of I want to introduce myself, so we can go further and discuss something important.
My nick name is Awerlord, Im not very big fann of Acclaim Bots game, but when I used to play it, it was one of the best "Puching" games I ever played.I already knew that original Bots were shut down long time ago, but today I just tried to find a private server, I tough that maybe it's exist, and it does.I found this server, I downloaded the game, register my account and was ready to get into action.

After I created my bot, I check all the rooms PvE,PvP and Base defence,I found that this server have very low population, too high max level, not enough players my level, and some new items graphics are terrible.I tried to play whatever room I could get, even with very high level people, altough most of the time, I was kicked becouse I was too low level.Someone would say, that I should ask someone to level up me, and everything would be fine, but it wouldnt, and let me tell you why.

Since server population is low, I cant find my level people to play with.Playing in high level dungeons is too difficult for me, nor im being usefull.I can't do any PvP, becouse being low level and being totaly useless I cant play against anyone.We realy shouldnt talk about Base defence, becouse I havent seen any single room, looks like this game mode is forsaken for ages.

I was thinking what the hell is wrong with all this stuff, and is it possible to fix it, and I came up with idea, that might work, im not sure, it's this servers admins and whoever works with game have the power and everything they need to change something.But anyway, nobody can forbid me to tell me my idea, so here it is.

My idea is to change some game mechanics, which should improve gameplay, should make it more funn, and maybe bring new people (Or people from Acclaim Bots) to play this game.Ill try to make it as much constructive as possible, if I fail, I hope that you, dear reader, will catch my drift.
So what we should do first?

1.Remove levels.By removing levels, you basicly will make everyone equal level.Everyone will be able to compete and play with whoever they wants, no levels means no difference.You may think, how the hell is this going to work with items and such?This brings us to second step.
2.Statless Items.This means that items wont have any stats anymore, they are now all cosmetic items.Items which required level and gigas to buy, are available for everyone, and items that required coins, available for thouse who buy coins for money.Item prices should be reduced damaticly, since all gear is now same level.
3.Balance.Since all items are now equal level, this means that there would be no one which have any sort of advantage against outhers :No additional Hp,crit, and any outher stuff which gives you a slightly edge.This means that all you need is a skill to win.

PVE - All sectors (dungeons) are same difficulty, all difference is that they have different winning scenario, different paths and such.This thing is already here, so only changing mobs would be all that needs to be done.Winning stuff is cosmetic items.
PVP & Base Defence - Since everyone is equal, and only difference is players pack choise (All thouse like Attack on block and etc.) it would be only skill matter to beat outher enemy player.This means that, people who just joined the game could go right into the action, and be equal with everyone, skill is all matters.

Since this game would be a bit different from what we have already, here is pros and cons I can think about:
Props +
+Everyone is equal.
+Balanced pvp.
+Sectors (Dungeons) only different by scenarios.
+Items are now only Cosmetic.
+Everyone is able to play with everyone.
+More people playing together, since no item/level differences.

Cons -
-By being equal, some players may loose interest to play the game in the future.
-No levels means, that there is nothing to grind for.
-No stats means, that there wont be any edge against outhers by having better items or higher level.
-Everyone will be Cosmetic item hungry.
-No fealing being overpower against outhers.

Conclusion - Personaly I think it's the great idea, to make game more alive then it's right now.Some people may fear that this is going to get worse, but think about this.Who will level to 200 lvl if there is no one to play with?Who will use money to buy coins if there is no one to show yourself.Whats the point in playing this game if it's already burried long time ago.This game need changes, and I offer my idea, which looks good to me.Oh and dont worry about people who buy coins, they would buy for cosmetic items, look at Valve and what they done with Team Fortress 2, people keep spending money in theyr store for cosmetic items (hats), and they have so much profit, that they even made game "Free to Play".So no worries would be here, like I said, people would be cosmetic items (Thouse for coins) hungry.

IMPORTANT - If you havent read from start to the end, dont rush making any conclusion.Read everything ( I know it may be terribly boring) and think about posivite and negative aspects of my idea.No changes to the game, means no things will go better.Only burring itself to the end.

Thank you for your attention reading this, I usualy never do such things (atleast to the games I care less), but I do this if I see something wrong ,and I feal like I know the answer to the right question, I do it, and I feal like I have a power to say something smart right now..I was writing everything and editing about an hour.
There might be lots of mistakes, but english is not my native language, and please, appreciate my hard work and time writing this.
Write down your comments, so we can have a discussion here, and maybe attract game admins and developers.

Thanks again for reading and your patience
Awerlord

KillerPig

December 03, 2011, 07:15:48 PM #1 Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 07:16:02 PM by KillerPig
Quote from: AWERLORD on December 03, 2011, 07:11:41 PM
Idea to prevent the game from Extincting.
Conclusion - Personaly I think it's the great idea, to make game more alive then it's right now.

Cons -
-By being equal, some players may loose interest to play the game in the future.
-No levels means, that there is nothing to grind for.

i dont see what ur getting at...

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

NeoKiller

December 03, 2011, 07:16:39 PM #2 Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 07:19:09 PM by NeoKiller
I didn't read everything, just some parts and Imma say this.
Without Levels this game is crap.
Getting from LvL 1 to 150/200 is the part which makes most fun in the game.
People with 10m+ exp even reseted their LvL back to 1 to have more motivation to play.
Removing the Levels would extinct the game even more.
I completly dislike your idea.
Besides this game isn't even close to extincting.

CyberSox

December 03, 2011, 07:18:43 PM #3 Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 07:19:01 PM by CyberSox
Communism.

Socks.

mhj

Welcome. Start working hard instead of complaining about people rejecting you from entering their rooms. All of your suggestions seems hopeless to me. Removing levels are pointless. The only games which haven't got levels are games that only focusses on PvP and nothing else. If there wasn't level people wouldn't be doing "PVe".

|More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.|

oprototype

This game was built around grinding and leveling. Removing leveling and armor bonuses would be removing a core aspect of this game.

Toast

tl;dr

remove levels because of it's unbalancement
basically just make balance

..i think.

AWERLORD

Good to see so much people replying to the thread, altough no positive comments, only negative.Ill svolow sadness and humialition, but still I tough that my idea is good, maybe not great, but into right direction.Someone said that there are people who reach max level and then play again, so this is what you wan to do in the game, grind levels?1 guy said that everything I said is relating to pvp, and it's true, but same could be used for sectors clearing mode.

CyberSox

Quote from: AWERLORD on December 03, 2011, 07:36:02 PM
Good to see so much people replying to the thread, altough no positive comments, only negative.Ill svolow sadness and humialition, but still I tough that my idea is good, maybe not great, but into right direction.Someone said that there are people who reach max level and then play again, so this is what you wan to do in the game, grind levels?1 guy said that everything I said is relating to pvp, and it's true, but same could be used for sectors clearing mode.

I think following your idea would be splitting the game into two, one game for levels and sector, and a separate game for equal communist style pvp.

Quote from: CyberSox on December 03, 2011, 07:18:43 PM
Communism.

Socks.

hawk5005

Everyone does what he's good at.
If you love pvp, just leech off higher levels until you can pvp.
If you love sector, just grind.
Making the game statless and leveless will make grinders quit because there wont be any reward anymore, and people who worked hard to get their rare items quit because they will be useless.
If you think that getting 200 is pointless without a friend, just try and become friends with anyone, who knows, it might turn out really good.
Doing what you said would mean killing the gameplay, and the last part of original BOTS we still have.

MedicaL

Base Defence.. You mean Base vs Base? If so there are rooms around. Just not on your time probably. I base with nobody125 a lot around 8 - 9:30 pm -8GMT.
Quote from: AWERLORD1.Remove levels.By removing levels, you basicly will make everyone equal level.Everyone will be able to compete and play with whoever they wants, no levels means no difference
Equality? People worked hard to get to where they're at. (Lv. 150+, +7 sets) all the stuff like that, I don't think they'd be happy if you did that. Plus, I like to have some diversity within people. I'd get bored easily if everyone was exactly the same.
Quote from: AWERLORD2.Statless Items.This means that items wont have any stats anymore, they are now all cosmetic items.Items which required level and gigas to buy, are available for everyone, and items that required coins, available for thouse who buy coins for money.Item prices should be reduced damaticly, since all gear is now same level.
Then what is the point of sector if all we're going to find is items that make you look better? I'd rather fight naked then.

Santa

I kind of understand what you are saying here, but it's way too late to do a drastic change like that.  Maybe if you were with us during beta, we could have considered it.  People have spent lots of money already, mainly for everything you want to be removed.  Doing so would cause great panic throughout the community, and will cause some(if not all) to rage quit as soon as we did this.

~RedEyes.

AWERLORD

Well thanks people for your oppinion.Maybe this idea isnt good for bots, but it's good on another games suchs as Guild Wars 2, items there are pure cosmetic.

Pokeh

This is one of the best suggestion topics I've ever seen.

Kenny isn't it possible to have separate servers for different ideas within BC? (just like low server is different.)

oprototype

Quote from: Pokeh on December 04, 2011, 03:24:10 AM

Kenny isn't it possible to have separate servers for different ideas within BC? (just like low server is different.)

You mean like an additional server with the ideas Awerlord suggested? I don't think that would be a good investment of time to create that. Barely anyone plays on the low server as it is.

Pokeh

Quote from: oprototype on December 04, 2011, 03:30:32 AM

You mean like an additional server with the ideas Awerlord suggested? I don't think that would be a good investment of time to create that. Barely anyone plays on the low server as it is.

Yeah except this idea makes sense. Low server needs a lot of patience to deal with so fewer people play it.

Their should be a PvP only server with certain proportions of stats for each bot-type and other stuff but eh :/

spiderstar

I completely agree with Pokeh.. There should be a pvp server with all of AWERLORD's ideas if anyone wants an equal chance to win in pvp rather then all of the OP people win all the time. 

Rossbach

December 04, 2011, 01:49:59 PM #17 Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 01:54:40 PM by Rossbach
"PVE - All sectors (dungeons) are same difficulty, all difference is that they have different winning scenario, different paths and such.This thing is already here, so only changing mobs would be all that needs to be done.Winning stuff is cosmetic items."

That takes out most of the challenge in sector. The difficulty should vary with different cosmetic rewards for those who are more skilled than others.

For example people have lets say people/bots have a base stats/ strength/ w/e of 1000 and the sector difficultly can range from 500-5000

It seams though that people mainly care about the pvp, Kenny can just make a pvp room tag that sets everyone's stats to some normal base value.

Although having everyone base stats set the same takes out the differences between the different types of bots. Although there is also pokes point;
"Their should be a PvP only server with certain proportions of stats for each bot-type and other stuff but eh." Although Ross doubts Kenny can make it so different bots types can have different stats with a tag room, so it would have to be a new server.

Omnomnom eating toast.

AllEyesOnMe

NeoKiller

Well, Kenny already said it's not gonna be implemented so I guess it can be closed now...

123bomb123

Kenny isn't it possible to have separate servers for different ideas within BC?

ONE BALANCED SERVER PLS.
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

Pokeh

Why not have different servers within a server?

"Zylonspace example">>3 channel servers. Sector, PvP, Base. Each with their own rules but using only 1 character for all 3.

Yz

yeah then lets **** the game up oh wait its the exact same thing as doing what you wanna do
DISCORD killyzkill

Pokeh

Quote from: Yz on December 04, 2011, 03:27:42 PM
yeah then lets **** the game up oh wait its the exact same thing as doing what you wanna do

how

Iridion

December 04, 2011, 04:45:48 PM #24 Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 04:46:07 PM by Iridion
Remove levels = game die
didn't read the rest

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Jeffalo13

lol love this guy

'Greetings dear readers'

Starting my next essay with that.
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

mhj

If levels where removed people like me would quit, just saying ::)

|More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.|

AWERLORD

Wow I didnt expect that this thread woul still be alive, looks like some people like my idea, maybe it's not bad at all, but obviously not for everyone.Well I just offered an Idea and asked oppinion about it.I will still keep my current possition, and think that this idea is good for one player side.I know, you can't please everyone, some would quit, some would play, this happens everywhere.You just can't please everyone.

zepher2211

Quote from: AWERLORD on December 05, 2011, 09:24:57 PM
Wow I didnt expect that this thread woul still be alive, looks like some people like my idea, maybe it's not bad at all, but obviously not for everyone.Well I just offered an Idea and asked oppinion about it.I will still keep my current possition, and think that this idea is good for one player side.I know, you can't please everyone, some would quit, some would play, this happens everywhere.You just can't please everyone.

This isn't a "You can't please everyone" moment, this is a "Let's screw over the majority to please the minority" moment
Powersurge
Headstrong

Styx

The biggest mistake in all MMO's; a ****ing high ass level cap.
It's pretty much a sector treadmill  24/7, this turns the players from casual to hardcore nerd and play all day just to get to the endgame content. 

Someone should really make a server with the cap of 70, rework all the levels (lower exp and stuff), part level requirements, rates, have pvp give you good part drops instead - or even just coupons  to help make the +5 set, thus making combo coupons only obtainable from pvp at a low rate and even make pvp give you quite abit of exp. So then all styles of players can enjoy the game and remain competitive ..

But obviously this won't happen.

Pokeh

^Basically, make a legit BOTS!! version of T-Bots. D:

KillerPig

what we SHOULD do:

make members go up to 110, nonmembers up to 100

06 oldfag

i have already extincted from this awful game
i bad

KillerPig

Corr

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

Click

No, just no....
To everything...
(I didn't read it all though)
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-