May 10, 2024, 11:22:41 AMLatest Member: WilliamElusa
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » religion

religion

Started by Iridion, March 31, 2014, 02:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123bomb123

Daluzmad is like one of those angry atheist twitter users.

either bashing religion or posting metal quotes
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

Pokeh

Quote from: LightRequiem on March 31, 2014, 09:57:56 PM
Quote from: Pokeh on March 31, 2014, 09:22:26 PM
people hold to theories a whole lot too. it doesn't seem scientific (ironically) to put so much faith in to theories like evolution and the big bang theory
The word theory is used in a different context within the scientific community. A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of the natural world that can be represented with a model. These theories are more-or-less fact (at least to our knowledge as of now) since countless experiments are executed in order to test the viability and reliability of the model. If the model is proven inaccurate, the model is modified to explain an additional set of criteria, or the model is scrapped for a new one.

Yes I know what theory is in the scientific community. Something like Place/Sound Theory (used to describe how we hear and intake sound through our ears) is an example of what you're saying. There's substantial evidence for the theory, but we aren't at the point where we can actually measure how sound travels through our ears and is processed by our brains.

There's no way in hell that can relate to something like the theory of Evolution. The amount of "substantial evidence" that backs it up is filtered by the scientific community to suit their needs/theories. Other stuff that goes against their theories is discarded. A famous case of this was the Piltdown Man (you can google this if you really wanna know what I'm talking about)

This evidence can be interpreted many different ways as well, and the dating methods used to come up with the age of the earth, or other evolutionary answers can obviously also be questioned.

I'm not saying Evolution is totally b.s, but there's seriously a lot to it than you (or the general atheist/scientific community) totally miss out on.

Allie

There is more evidence supporting evolution than creationism. Whether it is how things came about or not, it is more scientifically accurate.

I don't understand how piltdown man hoax has anything to do with disregarding "substantial evidence". Science is the search for the truth, understanding how the world works. Religion is branding the answer as an all-powerful being somewhere out there. Science does not filter evidence. Anything that can disprove evolutionism is welcome in the science community - go send a letter.

noblem6

LOL at opti, allie and every other atheist

A little knowledge of science can make a man an atheist, but in-depth study of science can make you believe in God.
No one likes noblem, but Jesus Christ loves noblem!

Quote from: Cooky on April 01, 2014, 09:59:25 AM
poor Allie

her thread got noblem'd  :(

Cooky

I don't believe in any religions. I don't know if there is a god or no.. and I don't know how all life came to be..  but I don't really care that much anyways

I just hate how religion people fight with other religious people, etc   just let people believe what they want to believe

hawk5005

are we really having this again

Iridion

Quote from: tincan on April 01, 2014, 12:46:33 AM
Quote from: daluzman123 on March 31, 2014, 09:24:50 PM
I'm Christian.

I believe in God, and Jesus.

I don't believe in Churches, nor Priests or most of what the Bible says.

Priests are disgusting pieces of trash that most if not ALL of them have some sort of "fetish" towards little boys.

Churches are money hungry whore-houses.

The bible isn't 100% original, it's like a broken telephone and is ALWAYS changing.
Churches are money hungry whore houses?
lol.
If you went to small churches you would see that the people are the church.
Without people, it's not church.
So please stop posting these comments when you've probably never gone to a church in your life.
the bad side you and davey forgot to mention, is that all the small churches are related to one big Church which is THE Christian Church. and it absolutely corresponds to the "money and power hungry" thingy. just take a looks at the past history.

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Cooky

why are you making a new topic to reply to a thread, stop doing that

im not even going to bother discussing what you just said

Meteor

Merged noblem's topic with this one.

(click to show/hide)

Cooky

Quote from: Meteor on April 01, 2014, 02:14:05 PM
but somehow his post is missing and the only thing there from his thread is my reply

Meteor

Quote from: Cooky on April 01, 2014, 02:15:23 PM
Quote from: Meteor on April 01, 2014, 02:14:05 PM
but somehow his post is missing and the only thing there from his thread is my reply
Posts get sorted by date, scroll up a bit and you will see it.

(click to show/hide)

Iridion

Quote from: noblem6 on April 01, 2014, 07:11:54 AM
LOL at opti, allie and every other atheist

A little knowledge of science can make a man an atheist, but in-depth study of science can make you believe in God.

>implying he ever had an in-depth study of science
dont turn this thread into one of your pathethic attention seeking threads

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Pokeh

Quote from: Allie on April 01, 2014, 06:22:23 AM
There is more evidence supporting evolution than creationism. Whether it is how things came about or not, it is more scientifically accurate.

I don't understand how piltdown man hoax has anything to do with disregarding "substantial evidence". Science is the search for the truth, understanding how the world works. Religion is branding the answer as an all-powerful being somewhere out there. Science does not filter evidence. Anything that can disprove evolutionism is welcome in the science community - go send a letter.
The data that we have now can be interpreted to mean anything, Allie. It's not like we have video footage of how life was 4.7 Billion years ago, let alone even know for a fact that there was a planet by the name of Earth around back then.

The Piltdown man was an example of how evidence can easily be lab-generated to look like something that is millions of years old, and for years the scientific community believed it without doing a single test because it fit their theory so well they thought "why the hell would we test it?"

I'm trying to show you the bias in the Scientific Community. True science is segregated from one particular myth/theory, and is pure fact. We probably have a more "scientific approach" coming from Creationist Scientists. Why?

Their answer to everything is God. And until they haven't figured out the answer to a specific object, it will remain God.

Scientific Community? Find an answer to everything. A theory behind why things are the way they are. Try to fit everything into a nice, organized puzzle while discarding everything that doesn't fit their theory. (Creationists do this too, but since the Evolutionist Scientists are the majority, it obviously happens a lot more from them)

I get that many religious people don't think for themselves, were probably raised into a particular religion and thus stuck with it all their lives, or whatever. But that doesn't mean every religious person is a narrow-minded idiot that believes every word in a Holy Book. Some realize how skewed "science" is, and someone like me who isn't entirely religious has just made up his mind into thinking that we just don't know at this point, and probably won't ever know what happened thousands, or even billions of years ago.

MedicaL

I love iri for making topics like this.  :D

Quote from: Iridion on March 31, 2014, 02:08:32 PM
-what do you think about religion?
Good.

-is there one specific religion you have something to say about?
No.

-is religion good for the man or bad?
Good.  I met some great people through life groups.

I'm Christian.

I believe in God, and Jesus.

I don't believe in Churches, nor Priests or most of what the Bible says.
Churches are money hungry whore-houses.
Lol. ****ing lol.
If you believe in God & Jesus then why do you bash so much on what was made to worship and follow the Word of God?

Priests are disgusting pieces of trash that most if not ALL of them have some sort of "fetish" towards little boys.
Generalizing a group for a minority of those who did sinful deeds. Nice job stereotypes, nice.

Quote from: daluzman123 on March 31, 2014, 09:24:50 PMThe bible isn't 100% original, it's like a broken telephone and is ALWAYS changing.
The words change. The message stays the same.

Yz

i love threads johnny posts in xD just gets **** on by everyone then never returns
DISCORD killyzkill

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-