For King ^.^

Started by Optimism, February 20, 2011, 12:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Optimism

- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Xrow

February 20, 2011, 07:26:44 PM #1 Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 07:44:41 PM by Xrow
"As an atheist, I would have to believe that: nothing produces everything; non-life produces life; randomness produces fine-tuning; chaos produces information; unconsciousness produces consciousness; non-reason produces reason. Based on this, I was forced to conclude that Darwinism would require a blind leap of faith that I was not willing to make. The central pillars of the evolutionary theory quickly rotted away when exposed to scrutiny."
-Lee Strobel, ex-atheist

Jeffalo13

You two just won't quit ._____..
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Optimism

February 20, 2011, 11:16:47 PM #3 Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 11:19:03 PM by Optimism
Quote from: Xrow on February 20, 2011, 07:26:44 PM
"As an atheist, I would have to believe that: nothing produces everything; non-life produces life; randomness produces fine-tuning; chaos produces information; unconsciousness produces consciousness; non-reason produces reason. Based on this, I was forced to conclude that Darwinism would require a blind leap of faith that I was not willing to make. The central pillars of the evolutionary theory quickly rotted away when exposed to scrutiny."
-Lee Strobel, ex-atheist

Being that I am well versed in the tenants of the Biological Sciences, I have absolutely no clue where this man is heading with this statement. Within each of his "leaps", there is a finely documented continuum, which requires no leap of faith what-so-every. Can you be more specific? Did you even consider the video? It seems as if you just plug your ears and scream, "NANANANANANANANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANANANA NANANANANANANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, I'M NOT LISTENING", each post I make with regard to the illogical nature of religions. Have you nothing to say specifically relating to the man's claims within the video itself? Nothing of substantial nature, I'm sure, as these are clearly discernible contradictions within any religion.

Jeff, get over it. Don't even enter these topics if they sicken you.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Jeffalo13

February 20, 2011, 11:41:02 PM #4 Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 11:41:31 PM by Jeffalo13
Quote from: Optimism on February 20, 2011, 11:16:47 PM
Quote from: Xrow on February 20, 2011, 07:26:44 PM
-Lee Strobel, ex-atheist

Being that I am well versed in the tenants of the Biological Sciences, I have absolutely no clue where this man is heading with this statement. Within each of his "leaps", there is a finely documented continuum, which requires no leap of faith what-so-every. Can you be more specific? Did you even consider the video? It seems as if you just plug your ears and scream, "NANANANANANANANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANANANA NANANANANANANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, I'M NOT LISTENING", each post I make with regard to the illogical nature of religions. Have you nothing to say specifically relating to the man's claims within the video itself? Nothing of substantial nature, I'm sure, as these are clearly discernible contradictions within any religion.

Jeff, get over it. Don't even enter these topics if they sicken you.

All I said was a fact >_>.
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Shadow

Yeah you two kinda just need to go separate ways lmao.
BOUTCHEETAHS FIRST PLAYER TO LOGIN ON THE PRIVATE SERVER, FIRST PLAYER TO BE ADDED AS A GM, FIRST PLAYER TO REACH MAX LEVEL.

Xrow

February 21, 2011, 12:02:20 AM #6 Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 12:10:06 AM by Xrow
Of course I listened, I just didn't really care, to be honest o.O.. I've heard it a thousand times. He is only partway to a logical conclusion - his loss.

If you do not understand to what ends Dr. Strobel is going with that statement, then maybe you should read up on atheism =)
My own statement: "To believe in atheism is to believe that the universe created itself and everything in it."

http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php/topic,8945.0.html

Shadow

How about you both believe what you want and not argue over it for now ?  You two need a break lol.
BOUTCHEETAHS FIRST PLAYER TO LOGIN ON THE PRIVATE SERVER, FIRST PLAYER TO BE ADDED AS A GM, FIRST PLAYER TO REACH MAX LEVEL.

Xrow

February 21, 2011, 12:07:52 AM #8 Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 12:08:06 AM by Xrow
This isn't even hard work >_>. No need for a break. I actually enjoy it, and I know Opti does.

Shadow

I know but still you two are constantly arguing lol can't you all come to a truce or something.

grant746

IM A CHRISTIAN DEAL WITH IT!!!!! *cry*

Optimism

February 21, 2011, 12:41:33 AM #11 Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 01:23:11 AM by Optimism
Quote from: Xrow on February 21, 2011, 12:02:20 AM
Of course I listened, I just didn't really care, to be honest o.O.. I've heard it a thousand times. He is only partway to a logical conclusion - his loss.

If you do not understand to what ends Dr. Strobel is going with that statement, then maybe you should read up on atheism =)
My own statement: "To believe in atheism is to believe that the universe created itself and everything in it."

http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php/topic,8945.0.html

For the last time, I'm an agnostic atheist humanist. If you want an explanation of what this means, ask, as it is apparent that you haven't the slightest idea.

As I've stated previously, truth is relative. However, if we are to work towards humanity's benefit, then we, as a human race, must propose a platform on which to gauge "truth". This platform ultimately comes down to rational observation, experiment and conclusion -- all of which, is what atheism supports. The simple answer is, the human race, at this stage in its existence, cannot determine what was the causative incident for the Big Bang. However, this doesn't mean we simply stop searching for an answer and throw our hands up in the air and state that god did everything. If that were the case, then prayer healing (of which, countless lawsuits/imprisonments have been handed out) would be the only curative means for disease and the age of anti-viral and antibiotics would have never came to fruition.

http://i.imgur.com/En0Q3.jpg

Thankfully, the aforementioned platform on which science gauges truth enables such progress. The same can't be said for religion. Let your fears go, King, and search for truth, rather than settling with something that was taught to you all of your life. You're absurd, my friend.

http://i.imgur.com/uDJhQ.jpg

You'll never explore your true potential, of which, I think is incredibly deep, if you do not release yourself from the ball and chain that has shackled your mind. Set yourself free.

http://tinypic.cc/6zxwh
- Opti -
- Retired -

Jeffalo13

^tl;dr.

Whatever type of atheist you are, does that mean you never go "Thank God" or "Oh my God"?  What do you do when you're in a real shit situation?
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Rossbach

I don't see why atheist's care about showing off that they don't believe in god and when they die they are just dead. Why don't we believe what we want and just live and die. All this is about is to show who here is wrong. If you do this because you want to change Christan's then you are the same as them, and if you believe in no god why should you care if they "waste" their lives on Christianity. 

Omnomnom eating toast.

Xrow

February 21, 2011, 02:13:59 AM #14 Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 03:01:36 AM by Xrow
OH MY GOD.

Why do you have to write walls of text with links upon links stapled onto them? Its obnoxious. You make it impossible to address any one subject at a time.

1. Truth is NOT relative. If truth was relative, then truth wouldn't really exist.

2. I have never heard you call yourself an agnostic atheist humanist. Tell me your beliefs. Please don't wall of text it.

3. Atheists have not discovered non-supernatural causation for the big bang because it does not exist. There is no other more plausible explanation.

4. Are you even being serious..? o.O.. The presence of a supernatural creator is no reason for progression to be thrown aside. Its not like atheism - or any other religion - created medication. It would have been created either way.

5. I HAVE set my prejudices aside in search of truth, Opti ;|. I have heard all the "truth" you have thus offered. Obviously there is some reason I am in disagreement of it. Either I am mentally blind, or you are.

In conclusion, for some reason you seem to believe that religion has rendered me blind to logic. Not your logic, mind you - your way is not the only way, and thus your logic is not the only logic. (By your thinking, truth is relative. This means that logic must also be relative ;) ).

Your stubborn :\

EDIT:
By the way, if I'm absurd, then your the friend of an absurd man!
YOUR ABSURD TOO ;D

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-