May 05, 2024, 07:13:20 AMLatest Member: asianhero444
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » To be proven as the best.

To be proven as the best.

Started by Ray_Kalm, October 02, 2010, 10:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GavinGill

But more importantly, why is it that robots can't grow mustaches?

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is
done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

Kevin

^ Gavin, Your logic yet again has left me speechless. +1 if I could Karma.

Allie

I still believe my several walls of text explaining my logic is good enough.
None of you can convince me otherwise: there cannot be a "best PvPer" because everyones tactics are different versus opponents, and everyone has strengths and weaknesses.
The only way to be the "best" is to have NO weaknesses at all, and be perfect in the game.
The chances of someone being like this is absolute 0.

Ray_Kalm

Quote from: Allie on October 02, 2010, 11:40:12 PM
I still believe my several walls of text explaining my logic is good enough.
None of you can convince me otherwise: there cannot be a "best PvPer" because everyones tactics are different versus opponents, and everyone has strengths and weaknesses.
The only way to be the "best" is to have NO weaknesses at all, and be perfect in the game.
The chances of someone being like this is absolute 0.

You're trying to confuse yourself with 'best' by describing it with 'perfect'.
Intention: A goal; a will to do something.

Allie

Definition of "the best":
someone who tops all others

No one can fit this description unless they are perfect.

iwasbobo

Quote from: Allie on October 03, 2010, 12:35:14 AM

Some tall guy could. =O

Quote from: Pokeh'this is called the blockimus-glieicha, also known as the block glitch'

Allie

Iunno.
That's one comment that didn't beat me, and I admit when I've been beaten by word play.

Optimism

October 03, 2010, 12:41:44 AM #22 Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 12:43:19 AM by Optimism
Quote from: Allie on October 03, 2010, 12:35:14 AM

What? This is a complete logical fallacy.

I'll make this simplistic parallel to facilitate your understanding. Certainly, there must be some context to gauge skill level. If your implications were indeed plausible, then there is nothing separating a level 1 from a level 200, is there? According to your logic, one wouldn't be able to separate the better player because both aren't infinitely skillful (lolwut?). There is always some tangible facet to gauge the ability of a player; thus, there is certainly a way to gauge who the best player is. To be the richest within this game, does that player have to have infinite gigas? No. There are facets used to gauge who is the richest player -- the aforesaid gigas. Similarly the player with the highest win ratio vs players is the better player.
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Allie

I didn't read your paragraph because it has huge words in it.
Reply with smaller words please.

iwasbobo

Quote from: Optimism on October 03, 2010, 12:41:44 AM
What? This is a complete logical fallacy.

I'll make this simplistic parallel to facilitate your understanding. Certainly, there must be some context to gauge skill level. If your implications were indeed plausible, then there is nothing separating a level 1 from a level 200, is there? According to your logic, one wouldn't be able to separate the better player because both aren't infinitely skillful (lolwut?). There is always some tangible facet to gauge the ability of a player; thus, there is certainly a way to gauge who the best player is. To be the richest within this game, does that player have to have infinite gigas? No. There are facets used to gauge who is the richest player -- the aforesaid gigas. Similarly the player with the highest win ratio vs players is the better player.

Stop using a thesaurus. D:<

Quote from: Pokeh'this is called the blockimus-glieicha, also known as the block glitch'

Optimism

Quote from: Allie on October 03, 2010, 12:42:39 AM
I didn't read your paragraph because it has huge words in it.
Reply with smaller words please.

Ughmm...

Someone else do it D:.

<3 allie.
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Jeffalo13

I'm sorry, but you guys all need to get your panties out of a bunch, and be mature.  Opti, you don't need to write paragraphs about how he sucks and you're officially #1.  How about you play the game for the love of the game, and just have fun.
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Styx

Meta

To me, being "the best" means to have never lost a single game, "the best" should have endless wins. no1 in the community is "the best" nor is anyone perfect.

zomniethe4

Cept zom, cause he aint afraid of anything.

Zom

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-