May 10, 2024, 04:59:44 AMLatest Member: SSunchip
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » Forum corrections

Forum corrections

Started by Optimism, October 14, 2010, 02:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Optimism

This is a great look; however, I wanted to suggest a few things.

Firstly, the banner that says boutcheetah isn't centered, as the Z to the left of the banner takes up space. Find an alternate place for this Z and just center the banner.

Also, center the tabs below the banner (home, download, forum, rankings, profile, my message, logout).

Additionally, the spotty looking side panels to the left and right of the main page should be a solid color (I suggest black or the same color green of the tabs mentioned earlier).

Just a few thoughts!

<<Firefox
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

jayslash

honestly does it really matter if he has too center the banner and i say the Z is fine where it is 

mo9

October 14, 2010, 02:46:30 PM #2 Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 03:05:31 PM by mo9
WOW great job , the forum looks great , but could someone add the side thing that had the recent posts and topics :D:D

update: just noticed newer posts are on top 0.0 thats new
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

jayslash

lol yea that's like the only thing

Santa

mo9

Quote from: RedEyes on October 14, 2010, 04:21:22 PM
Testing 1 2 3
lol , who did the layout and stuff ?
(my purple text looked better on the old forum)

vv secks box

Iridion

October 14, 2010, 06:21:38 PM #6 Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 06:25:29 PM by iridion3
in my honest opinion that banner is so awful
hey i posted!
i mean its full of mistakes
also, can the "boutcheetah" button redirect to forum home and not to site home
BoutCheetah > BoutCheetah > General Discussion > Modify message ( Re: Forum corrections )
^this one

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

jayslash

Quote from: iridion3 on October 14, 2010, 06:21:38 PM
in my honest opinion that banner is so awful
hey i posted!
i mean its full of mistakes
also, can the "boutcheetah" button redirect to forum home and not to site home
BoutCheetah > BoutCheetah > General Discussion > Modify message ( Re: Forum corrections )
^this one
ok that's your opinion but mine opinion i think it's great not saying it's prefect, but it's better than the last beside red eyes said quote on quote the forum is not finished yet

RAUDOG

:o :o Sorry about the forum design at the moment, it is not finished, so I will update be working on it more when i get back from school today

~RedEyes.

Kevin

Everything is looking good so far. As Rau said above me, Kenny has a lot to still do.

It'll look top notch soon enough.

My only request is a Banner that blends into the background (Or has a transparent background). And perhaps a background of a solid color (posted by Opti).

Besides that, I think it's looking great.

Anything's better than the last skin (don't make me remind you).

jayslash

Quote from: Kevin on October 14, 2010, 08:59:55 PM
Everything is looking good so far. As Rau said above me, Kenny has a lot to still do.

My only request is a Banner that blends into the background (Or has a transparent background). And perhaps a background of a solid color (posted by Opti).

and I agree kev 100%

kev453

Quote from: Kevin on October 14, 2010, 08:59:55 PM

Banner is transparent, at least I don't think Kenny is currently using the transparent one.

Yz

Jay why do you always ****ing post? Every post here except your first one is god damn useless. Yes we already knew that was iridions opinion, we already knew your post was similar to Kevins, we already ****ing knew you liked it
DISCORD killyzkill

Allie

It sucks, I hate the new forum.
But hey, I was gone.

kev453

Quote from: Allie on October 16, 2010, 04:00:49 AM
It sucks, I hate the new forum.
But hey, I was gone.

Welcome to the majority.

Optimism

October 17, 2010, 11:45:50 AM #15 Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 11:56:55 AM by Optimism
It wouldn't "suck" if the stary background (dots all over the solid black) were removed. Also, the | Home| Forum | Download | Membership| Rankings | Profile | My Messages | Logout | Needs to be centered with the banner. Why you ask? Aside from it being more visually appealing, the space to the left of the | Home | button looks terrible because it is uneven when compared to the space to the right on the | Logout | button.

I know you're still working on this skin Kenny; this is just a suggestion, however. Also, if you want a better banner, walk on over to a graphix community and suggest one, giving them the renders (pictures) and size required, style, ext.

Lastly, return the home page to the previous format (that was poon sauce). On firefox, the members list on the homepage looks completely non-centered/weird because of the dots to the left of the member names. REMOVE THOSE and left align the names of players only. Just trying to guide your hand kenster :P.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Iridion

dont you like the banner?!

thats how we roll maddie

Bounty

This forum looks horrible with the color and banner.

The red and black was better.

|**** a bitch - Respect a women - Love a lady|

Iridion

thats how we roll maddie

Optimism

October 17, 2010, 01:00:50 PM #19 Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 01:02:57 PM by Optimism
I like this color scheme far better. It looks more professional.

Just center that stuff below the banner kenny D:. I saw you remove the space, however.

CENTER IT.

\rage

Now fix the lines that are below the margin (love you Kenny XD).
- Opti -
- Retired -

Iridion

DONT
YOU
ALL
THE
****ING
BANNER

thats how we roll maddie

Bounty

Quote from: iridion3 on October 17, 2010, 01:12:32 PM
DONT
YOU
ALL
THE
****ING
BANNER
TBH,

Banner doesn't look good to me

|**** a bitch - Respect a women - Love a lady|

Iridion

thats how we roll maddie

Optimism

October 17, 2010, 01:43:51 PM #23 Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 02:20:53 PM by Optimism
Kenny, for some reason, the | Home | lines, "|", extend below the horizontal margins, displacing the button below this margin. Fix :o.

Also, play around with the side colors (the black looks great, but see if a darker gray would fit a bit better with the central layout. You may want to even try a color of green, similar to the one used in the central layout. You could also try a gradient, such as a black to gray transition for the side colors.

It looks far better already Kenny. Once you've fixed the buttons mentioned earlier and lightened the color tone (black may be the best after, given what it looks like after implementation of the suggestions), off to the home page XD.

If I have time, I'll try to have a better banner made and a few other things done GFX wise.

EDIT: Looks epic Kenny >.>.
- Opti -
- Retired -

mo9

nice improvements , i would strongly recommend putting back the show new replies to your post button

vv secks box

zomniethe4

Quote from: Optimism on October 17, 2010, 01:43:51 PM
Kenny, for some reason, the | Home | lines, "|", extend below the horizontal margins, displacing the button below this margin. Fix :o.

Also, play around with the side colors (the black looks great, but see if a darker gray would fit a bit better with the central layout. You may want to even try a color of green, similar to the one used in the central layout. You could also try a gradient, such as a black to gray transition for the side colors.

It looks far better already Kenny. Once you've fixed the buttons mentioned earlier and lightened the color tone (black may be the best after, given what it looks like after implementation of the suggestions), off to the home page XD.

If I have time, I'll try to have a better banner made and a few other things done GFX wise.

EDIT: Looks epic Kenny >.>.
Are you OCD.

Zom

Optimism

Kenny, that colored outline is HAWT.

Good thinking o.O.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Santa

Optimism

Kenny, when I post it redirects me outside of the thread I posted within. Can you have it redirect to the thread I posted within?
- Opti -
- Retired -

t41nt3d_s1n

::·´`·.¸.>> 致å'½çš,,æ‰"击 [coup de grâce] <<·´`·.¸.::

-----

|ADAPT|CHANGE|EVOLVE|

|METAMORPHOSIS|

-----

Allie

Quote from: Optimism on October 17, 2010, 11:16:57 PM
Kenny, when I post it redirects me outside of the thread I posted within. Can you have it redirect to the thread I posted within?

http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php?action=profile;u=25231;sa=theme

Optimism

- Opti -
- Retired -

Santa

Xrow

Colored text is annoying as hell in with this background color o.O.
And the banner is eh.

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on October 18, 2010, 11:26:28 PM
Colored text is annoying as hell in with this background color o.O.
And the banner is eh.

Just don't use blue and you will be fine.

Kenny, lets get started on the home page? :o.

You*** XD
- Opti -
- Retired -

GavinGill

- Threads with new posts in them should show with bold text so we know which ones we haven't read.
- Clicking the "BoutCheetah > BoutCheetah > General Discussion > *name of thread*" should lead to the forum index instead of the home page.

I'll edit this post if I find anything else.

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is
done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

Santa

Yeah, navigation links arent quite finished yet, I still have to change about 30-40 more things in the site before I can get to that. I am making it possible to make a new forum easily for another game (when we make another server for something).

GavinGill

Make one for RushFighters some time in the future. The Japanese version has over 8 years of content that you can use. =D

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is
done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

Dusk

If you had MyBB..it would be soooo much easier to customize, xD.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-