May 09, 2024, 06:43:43 PMLatest Member: LuellaKend
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » what's the best way to kill zeon?

what's the best way to kill zeon?

Started by JustRK, November 12, 2013, 03:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bombz

JustRK

Quote from: Allie on November 13, 2013, 07:51:17 PM
Maybe we can make four-man raids.
But idk about 1p.

As long as there's an option other than requiring all 8 slots to be full would be fine imo. 2 or 4p would be great too. An underlying issue for the most part is that there is only a specific time window throughout the day that one can find a full team of 8 (especially during evenings on week days).

what 1p brought to the table was the ease of access, 4p could in theory eliminate the chances that a hacker could successfully find a team at that level (because most people at that level would be scared to be banned and most likely report that person on the spot) while still making it much easier to raid in smaller numbers.

Neat idea  nonetheless.

Allie

I would never make 2p, as it would require literally no diversity or role specific duties.
For example, 235 can be scaled so the hp is lower, but it'd still require at least one person actively holding down the Melissas.

JustRK

Quote from: Allie on November 13, 2013, 09:45:54 PM
I would never make 2p, as it would require literally no diversity or role specific duties.
For example, 235 can be scaled so the hp is lower, but it'd still require at least one person actively holding down the Melissas.

If you need one person actively holding down Melissa, then that means it would be 2P minimum? One for reinforcement and one as the main spearhead. Inb4 your example actually justified my suggestion lol.

But I could see what you mean. It all really depends on what your capable of putting into the game and I have no real idea of what those limits are so cant really defend my point.

Rossbach

Quote from: Allie on November 13, 2013, 09:45:54 PM

If hp was lowered so that 2 people can do it, they can simply kill turrets and shiz before the Melisa even reaches them.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

droid zylon1

4 man raids would be niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pls add it ^.^

-Speedy-

Quote from: droid zylon1 on November 14, 2013, 11:50:22 AM
Quote from: Reviax on November 13, 2013, 12:07:36 AM
Yes, Guard Crushing for a whole minute and a half without stopping is loads of fun.

Really though, why was this map even made?

Yea I kinda wanna know that to.

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

Allie

Quote from: Rossbach on November 13, 2013, 11:46:11 PM
If hp was lowered so that 2 people can do it, they can simply kill turrets and shiz before the Melisa even reaches them.  ::)

I never said relative difficulty would be lowered. It'd still take around the same time to kill them as 2p as it would 8.

Quote from: JustRK on November 13, 2013, 11:09:43 PM
If you need one person actively holding down Melissa, then that means it would be 2P minimum? One for reinforcement and one as the main spearhead. Inb4 your example actually justified my suggestion lol.

That's one mechanic. Of the first block. A later mechanic requires four(?) alive and well, along with someone still holding down melissa(s).
It gets messy.

JustRK

November 14, 2013, 02:36:33 PM #38 Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 02:39:40 PM by JustRK
Quote from: -Speedy- on November 14, 2013, 11:52:01 AM
Quote from: droid zylon1 on November 14, 2013, 11:50:22 AM
Quote from: Reviax on November 13, 2013, 12:07:36 AM
Yes, Guard Crushing for a whole minute and a half without stopping is loads of fun.

Yea I kinda wanna know that to.

Quote from: Allie on November 13, 2013, 07:42:22 AM
It was a test of my new ai system.
I got what I needed from it. I needed to know if it was too hard, too easy, what its weaknesses were, etc.
Toxic Kowbat was the result of the Zeon test. Its difficulty was scaled to a tougher level that (sorta) required multiple players.
(it was also the first mob that I designed the ai from scratch, so give me a break if it derped sometimes).

answer was on the previous page  ::)

Quote from: Allie on November 14, 2013, 01:05:23 PM
Quote from: Rossbach on November 13, 2013, 11:46:11 PM
If hp was lowered so that 2 people can do it, they can simply kill turrets and shiz before the Melisa even reaches them.  ::)

I never said relative difficulty would be lowered. It'd still take around the same time to kill them as 2p as it would 8.

Quote from: JustRK on November 13, 2013, 11:09:43 PM

That's one mechanic. Of the first block. A later mechanic requires four(?) alive and well, along with someone still holding down melissa(s).
It gets messy.

I guess ross and myself just wanted to point out that 2p could in fact require dynamic / interchangeable roles creating a challenge. Ross and med got us to wave 3 and wow that was a chaotic plethora of tasks  :P

however 4p sounds fine too, it's definitely easier to round up 4 people (and even more so for 2). Just to make a nice contrast to 8p and hearing people always beg and spam the lobby for fillers when in reality it was going to be 2-4p completing that raid anyway. I always find myself having to carry 221 by myself so yup. That's probably why I keep mentioning something smaller.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-