May 05, 2024, 09:01:54 PMLatest Member: WilliamJoymn

Little problem

Started by daluzman123, November 14, 2012, 12:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daluzman123

I have reformatted my entire computer again using a different set-up of Windows XP.

Now, I'm pretty new to this set-up but when I attempt to run Boutcheetah it'll allow the installer to do it's thing and install, But.

I can't click run, If I do multiple times it's still there.

Anyone know how to fix it?

~Johnny

frozenflame2

November 14, 2012, 06:10:58 PM #1 Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 06:14:13 PM by frozenflame2
What exatcly do you mean by "Can't click run" Nothing happends when you click the "launch BoutCheetah" on your desktop?
also I don't really know why you're using Windows XP but that might have something to do with it.

Did you try running it as Administrator?

Please take a screencap if it gives any error, or try to explain it better since I don't exatcly understand what the problem is  :-\
Also be more specefic about WHAT and WHERE doesn't work. What the window is called
"Signatures are for fgts" ~ Frozen Flame

daluzman123

November 14, 2012, 07:09:26 PM #2 Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:09:57 PM by daluzman123
Alright, I'll guess I'll have to get into details.

I ran Boutcheetah, the game client opened. When I click run on the "Run" button beside the "Settings" button, It only makes the nose, says I've clicked it but doesn't open the game client.

Yes, I'm not stupid. I run my computer as Administrator all the time I don't have that problem, Just this little error.

Also on a side note, Windows XP is a lot easier to fix then most computers, and it's pretty all round computer, So don't hate.
~Johnny

MagicXR

Try re-installing the game

daluzman123

Tried what you said to re-install it.

Doesn't work.

Anyone else?

~Johnny

Cooky

close all other running programs then try do run the game

just a thought

Fat Matt

November 14, 2012, 08:04:28 PM #6 Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 08:06:24 PM by Fat Matt
Almost positive its your anti-virus....try disabling it or adding the folder from [C:/Zylon Gaming] into the exceptions list, then try again

~Edit: Sorry spelled "anti" wrong.
bombz is  g
a               a
w
e
s
o
m
e                y

frozenflame2

November 14, 2012, 08:37:14 PM #7 Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 08:49:42 PM by frozenflame2
Edit2: Disregard everything I posted below, have you tried this from the sticky? Sounds a lot like the problem you're having:

Problem 4

Problem: I press start on the updater, the client runs without showing the ZylonShield Splash Screen.

Solution: You need to install this and this

First link is dead, but I googled it and I'm pretty sure it's this:
1st: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22
2nd: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=29
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Edit: Sorry spelled "anti" wrong.
[/quote]
This guy might be on to something, try installing it in a new directory aswell. And I assume you have tried restarting your PC aswell?

I've seen this before, it's just I don't know how to fix.. and Normally running it in compatibility mode fixes that, but I don't think you can that on Windows XP.

Edit: OH, you did download the "Required Software" from http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php?action=downloads right?
I don't know anything about Windows XP is what I meant to say*

Let's make a list:
1) Restart PC
2) Make sure Required Software is downloaded / installed
3) Disabling Anti Virus
4) Different directory

Add more to this yourself, from stuff that you have tried so we can figure out.

Dillh

Yea I would recommend updating the following drivers bud:
Graphics
Direct x
Net frameworks

Other than that it would be enabling the game to your Anit-virus exceptions list which has already been mentiond.

Good luck Johnny. If you need anymore help after what's already been suggested, then talk to kenny.
PT Dillh (Steveroseik-) | Guild : Prestige | Lvl : 270 |

ZxEnvyxZ

Actually had this problem, when I click go it doesn't work, so what I do is try not to wait a long one to click run after it is ready to start, I usually fb or something and its hit minimized an hen I try to click run, it doesn't work so I need to click it right when the green bar is full

daluzman123

I don't have an Anti-Virus because they're all garbage and they're only good for detecting.

I've added the ZylonGaming to it's own C: folder and gave it it's permissions to allow it to run.

I've updated all my drivers after I reformatted my computer.

Problem is still occurring.

~Johnny

daluzman123

I really need to bump a problem thread, Nice staff.

~Johnny

frozenflame2

November 15, 2012, 04:03:35 PM #12 Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 06:12:00 PM by frozenflame2
Quote from: daluzman123 on November 15, 2012, 12:42:20 PM
I really need to bump a problem thread, Nice staff.

~Johnny

And you did try what I posted in my other post?
First link is dead, but I googled it and I'm pretty sure it's this:
1st: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22
2nd: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=29

You said you did update your drivers, but not these? Just making sure.

KillerPig

Quote from: daluzman123 on November 15, 2012, 08:33:55 AM
I don't have an Anti-Virus because they're all garbage and they're only good for detecting.
wow
r u dum

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

daluzman123

November 15, 2012, 10:40:38 PM #14 Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 10:43:05 PM by daluzman123
KillerPig, I suggest you don't talk about anything with Anti-Virus's. Mk? Thanks kiddo.

I tried everything, I updated those as well and my drivers.

Edit: Fixed and found the problem, thanks to everyone who helped! ^_^

~Johnny

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-