May 06, 2024, 08:34:48 PMLatest Member: Pleryhalax

I need HELP

Started by MrWinter21, October 10, 2013, 11:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrWinter21

I'm new to bout cheetah, but when acclaim was around, i was a bots fanatic. so when i came across this, i immediately downloaded it. i downloaded all the necessary software as well. i can open the game and log in, but when right after i try to choose a server, an in-game message pops up and tells me my game is out of date and i need to run the updater.. I've tried redownloading the game, but nothing seems to work.. can anyone help me?

frog

Quote from: MrWinter21 on October 10, 2013, 11:21:34 PM
I'm new to bout cheetah, but when acclaim was around, i was a bots fanatic. so when i came across this, i immediately downloaded it. i downloaded all the necessary software as well. i can open the game and log in, but when right after i try to choose a server, an in-game message pops up and tells me my game is out of date and i need to run the updater.. I've tried redownloading the game, but nothing seems to work.. can anyone help me?
After opening the client choose settings and then choose "Repair Client" this may help :) try it and give us the feedback :)

MrWinter21

Quote from: frog on October 10, 2013, 11:23:05 PM
After opening the client choose settings and then choose "Repair Client" this may help :) try it and give us the feedback :)
after opening what, the game? i clicked settings and only the font and window resolution came up..

frog

Quote from: MrWinter21 on October 10, 2013, 11:24:39 PM
Quote from: frog on October 10, 2013, 11:23:05 PM
after opening what, the game? i clicked settings and only the font and window resolution came up..
doesn't this show up?

MrWinter21

October 10, 2013, 11:29:10 PM #4 Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 11:32:52 PM by MrWinter21
yes, however its grayed out like that and i cant click it. Also, it tells me there were some problems with the internet, but i could attempt to play the game anyways..

frog

Quote from: MrWinter21 on October 10, 2013, 11:29:10 PM
yes, however its grayed out like that and i cant click it

Tips that i can give you:

1. Make sure your pc is connected to a working network
2. Make sure your game has updated after you installed it
3. If you are fine with the above tips and still doesn't work try re-installing
4. If its not yet solved try re downloading the client

i can't help you more with that i 'm a limited experienced in those kind of things :) i hope you will be able to play with us in the soon future :) gd luck

MrWinter21

Quote from: frog on October 10, 2013, 11:37:50 PM

i can't help you more with that i 'm a limited experienced in those kind of things :) i hope you will be able to play with us in the soon future :) gd luck
how do i make sure the game updated after installation?

frog

Quote from: MrWinter21 on October 10, 2013, 11:40:14 PM

Look at the line above "Settings" the one that got strange symbols and under it should be "Checking for Update" if you found it loading the new updates then your problem is probably solved :) if not thet you probably got a problem :)

hur9

MrWinter21

Quote from: hur90 on October 10, 2013, 11:43:18 PM
antivirus prob
how can i fix that? all of my antivirus scans said it found no malicious software, so what else can i do?

MrWinter21

Quote from: frog on October 10, 2013, 11:42:22 PM

Look at the line above "Settings" the one that got strange symbols and under it should be "Checking for Update" if you found it loading the new updates then your problem is probably solved :) if not thet you probably got a problem :)
where it says "Checking for updates" it'll say that at first, but then it says theres a problem with my internet..

frog

Quote from: MrWinter21 on October 10, 2013, 11:45:34 PM
Quote from: hur90 on October 10, 2013, 11:43:18 PM
antivirus prob
how can i fix that? all of my antivirus scans said it found no malicious software, so what else can i do?

1st: Try to let the game through your firewall
2nd try to add the game to your exceptions on your anti virus
to know how to do the 2nd one go to this link:
http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php?topic=26673.0

Quote from: MrWinter21 on October 10, 2013, 11:50:01 PM
Quote from: frog on October 10, 2013, 11:42:22 PM

where it says "Checking for updates" it'll say that at first, but then it says theres a problem with my internet..

Try restarting your pc and then try again it maybe a problem with your internet settings or so and could be solved after restarting, the sentence you get means there is a problem with your network not with the client :)

MrWinter21

okay, im gonna restart and ill let you know!

frog

Quote from: MrWinter21 on October 10, 2013, 11:59:47 PM
Good luck, but i gtg now its 4 AM in my time zone and i 'm dying to sleep so i hope your problem got solved if it's not i will try helping you when i wake up tomorrow :) , if i failed i will try to find some more experienced people to help you with your peoblem :)

MrWinter21

Quote from: frog on October 11, 2013, 12:02:42 AM
Quote from: MrWinter21 on October 10, 2013, 11:59:47 PM
Good luck, but i gtg now its 4 AM in my time zone and i 'm dying to sleep so i hope your problem got solved if it's not i will try helping you when i wake up tomorrow :) , if i failed i will try to find some more experienced people to help you with your peoblem :)
apparently it didnt work.. same thing, the launcher wont connect to the internet for some reason

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-