May 02, 2024, 09:48:38 AMLatest Member: mori
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Report A Bug » Solved Bug Reports » Ghost connection

Ghost connection

Started by jezisek1, February 10, 2013, 04:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jezisek1

February 10, 2013, 04:28:40 PM Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:34:08 PM by jezisek1
Hey,

seems like the guy from topic "Lag Bug" has the same problem, but the topic seems dead without any solution.

The problem:
I can see my friend connect, we start the map and he doesn't move and no chat messages come from him. Although on his screen, he is moving, he sees me moving and he can chat.

The exe is allowed in his firewall, it's not his antivirus, redownload does nothing, repairing the client does nothing and it is not the connection. We have the same provider (we also live in the same house), I'm currently using our wi-fi, which is slower and it is ok to me.
Wi-fi speed: ~3,5Mbps
Cable: ~10Mbps

It was told to me to write directly to Santa, but maybe someone has already got a solution? (plus he will probably come)

EDIT: Well, he connected to the same, SLOWER wi-fi site as me and we can play now ...

Rossbach

Basically you two do not connect to each other, which is why you do not see him moving or what he is saying in chat, and vise-versa for you to the other person your playing with.

This is a bug caused by the relay server, and does not have to do with the internet speed, but rather events that occur to cause the bug to happen.
Ross found out how to do this bug a long time ago, and has since been patched, until the recent update that has caused it to happen now. Ross has already explained everything to Kenny so it should hopefully be fixed sometime soon.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

jezisek1

Okay, thank you for the info!!

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-