May 02, 2024, 06:05:30 AMLatest Member: OurdeBup

Exp. Bug

Started by Killer10, February 18, 2013, 03:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killer10

why did aln get 100 exp. only??? while he didn't lvl up?! he should have gotten 440 am i right?
IGN: Picatchu   
Level: 172 w/ membership 206

FallenShadow

Quote from: Killer10 on February 18, 2013, 03:22:09 PM
why did aln get 100 exp. only??? while he didn't lvl up?! he should have gotten 440 am i right?

Reason being the latest patch. This happens because it means next game he is going to level.

Killer10

aww i thought that the update was the map that the player going to level he will get only the exp. he need to level.

Example:
doing map 172 which normally gives 440 exp.
the player need only 10 exp. so he get 10 exp. and level up in the same map.
IGN: Picatchu   
Level: 172 w/ membership 206

Rossbach

Quote from: FallenShadow on February 18, 2013, 03:23:27 PM

Reason being the latest patch. This happens because it means next game he is going to level.

Please stop this answer from spreading.  ::)

Think about it, why would a player gain less exp the game before. Then Gain the normal amount the game they level? They sohuld be ganing less exp when they lv. Nonetheless Ross will go test it out.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

MagicXR

Quote from: Rossbach on February 18, 2013, 10:29:57 PM
Quote from: FallenShadow on February 18, 2013, 03:23:27 PM

Please stop this answer from spreading.  ::)

Think about it, why would a player gain less exp the game before. Then Gain the normal amount the game they level? They sohuld be ganing less exp when they lv. Nonetheless Ross will go test it out.  ::)
It is the right answer though ::)

FallenShadow

It happens to me all the time that's how i know when i level because it's like finish match oh damn only 1 xp next match "Lvl up" woo.

Rossbach

February 18, 2013, 11:39:14 PM #6 Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:56:00 PM by Rossbach
Ross went and tested it and found it was a bit more complicated than it originally was thought to be. It turned out that both of us were basically correct.

Here is the data:

On a a level 1 account:

0/23 exp to level up.

game 1: gained 10 exp

Looked at exp and said 10/23 exp to level up.

Game 2:

"Gained 3 exp."

Looked at exp and said 20/ 23 exp to level up.

... Wait... It seems you gain the same amount of exp as you should, however visually it shows you the exp you you need to level up. This is what doubted Ross before testing, the fact that the game would give you less experience than you sohuld gain. In a sense Ross' guess was right you still do gain the full experience.

Now about what you said Fallen and why Ross posted his previous post.;

"Reason being the latest patch. This happens because it means next game he is going to level."

"This happens because it means next game he is going to level."

Is somewhat true but wrong. Yes your right if you play the same level, or one that you gain more exp, or any map that will give enough experience to level up then you will level up the next game. However if you switch to level 1 and play a game, you will probably (probably as in you could have 1 exp required or be on a low level) gain a level.

ex: 460 exp to level

You then played a level you would normal gain 440 exp, however visually it shows it as 20 exp gain. However in reality you gained 440 exp not what it showed (20.) So now you only need 20 exp to level up (reason why it showed the "20 exp gain visual glitch.") If you were to do the level again it will show you as gaining 440 exp but you actually only gain 20 exp, and you level up. In that way you are right, you level up in the next game. However if someone were to play level 1 after the visual glitch and gain 1 exp, then would not level up, which means you were wrong. That is why Ross lashed out on you before. The other reason was stating something with not all the info of it.

Ross also tested it as a lv 2:

23/68 exp to level up

Game 1,2,3 Ross gained 10 exp for all 3 of them. (So gaind 10,10,10 exp.)

Thus was at 53/68 exp to level up

Game 4: Ross "gained 5 exp" visually. However in reality gained 10 exp.

63/68 exp to level up.

Game 5: Ross "gained 10 exp."

68/135 exp to level up.

So a better way to claim this bug is that it is as a visual glitch, however you still gain the normal exp (excluding the game you level up at, as it does not allow you to gain any experience into the next level.)  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Santa

Thank you ross, we will work on resolving this issue.  However, do not worry everyone.  You are gaining the correct EXP, it just displays incorrectly since the last update.  Next update will have a display fix included.

Thanks,
~RedEyes.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-