May 03, 2024, 05:09:55 PMLatest Member: Vamjails
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » Let's get a discussion going. Opinions on the BOTS tourney video formatting?

Let's get a discussion going. Opinions on the BOTS tourney video formatting?

Started by Yz, September 13, 2015, 11:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yz

Ey boys n girls. With the start of the ZG Bots tourney we got a bit of extra hype in the mix when it was said that the videos would be recorded and uploaded on the Zylon Bots YT channel. You can watch it here.

Onto the discussion part - this is a 90 minute video of the entire tourney, including fillers such as map selection, brb's and afk's and all discussions + more. There are multiple 3-5 minute stalls between matches that are included in this video which doesn't even showcase timestamps of each match, which would take like, what 5 minutes to write them all up?

In response to my qqing, Blade told me it's about quality & not quantity, because he thinks people would rather watch one 90 minute unedited version with absolutely no guidance to each match rather than watch properly made videos of each match that would pique particular interests. For example, I wanted to watch Oreos vs Teh, but I wasn't gonna ****ing dig for that shit in this video that screams "I ONLY MADE THIS CUZ I HAD TO!"

In regards to quantity vs quality, that's decided with shit like coins vs dollar bills. Saying 90 minutes, 0 edits and 0 direction to any match with all filler involved is quality and organized clips of each unique match is apparently needless quantity, made me realize the videos weren't gonna be cool at all, and just up there for the sake of being there.

Anyone have any opinions on this?

Also, the short convo on YT
(click to show/hide)
DISCORD killyzkill

Cooky

blade is wrong and when he makes videos this way (lazy) it just makes zylon gaming look bad cause they arent good quality like he claims they are

people dont wanna watch 1 hour+ of video (half of which is sitting in room waiting for game to start) they just want to see the action

here is example how video of a tournament should be like   (notice the time stamps in the description too)

! No longer available

Madprox

Oh dear god.
Why is the quality so bad? (is that youtube or the recording software?)

Anyways, apart from horrible quality to look at, I'm pretty sure 99% of the world's population isn't going to watch 1:26:08 of this garbage in one sitting.
Making multiple, short videos is the way every major game, that records highlights or matches and uploads it, goes to work.
Having direct titles such as "Bots Tourney: Team #1 vs Team #4 - [Match 1]", is much more likeable and direct, and people with interest in watching anything from that 86:08 minute video, will watch a couple video's that they want to see, rather than be dissapointed with one long video and click away from dissapointment.

Lazy = bad excuse.
Also I agree with Cooky, this would make any company look bad because it's horrible quality, then again, this one video won't make or break zg i guess.

@Blade: I thought you were all into this Youtube stuff.. You should know better and not give a lazy answer like "Quality>Quantity", and if you do, make sure you at least HAVE the quality, because it makes no sense to say that, when it looks like ***.

Also: "BOTS Zylon Gaming - PvP (Player Vs Player) Tournament Part 1"
Part 1??? ??? ???
You mean there's more? D:

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Bluepatchx

Could have been given to someone who actually knows how to edit films. It's apparent these were quick overlays of text.

(I agree with Cookie)
- - - - - My portfolio: http://jsvanbreda.cynderian.com/ - - - - - 

z0co2

I don't mind that it's one video, but I do mind that its so freaking long that it gets boring. Could've edited all the highlights in one video if not wanting to upload several of them. Write the matches in the description with the time frames of each match that you can click on to fast forward to that match, it's not that hard.

Thornz

Why not quantity AND quality? Gg. Could've edited all the lapses out at least so it was just one full video of just the matches. Plus, it's so easy to put links to each fight in the description of the video.

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

hawk5005

A new video for every fight. Much easier to just watch the fights you want to watch, and no need to cut out pauses between games when you make a new video for every game. Also makes the youtube channel look more alive. !!! AND THE CHANNEL GETS MORE VIEWS !!!
Making one long video and including the time periods in the description also works, as long as you edit out the pauses between games.
But if you're going to bother editing out the pauses why not just split the video.

Also don't put the scores in the description, I love me some suspense.

@max yes you dumdum, the tourney isn't over yet.

Madprox

Quote from: hawk5005 on September 13, 2015, 02:28:37 PM
@max yes you dumdum, the tourney isn't over yet.
Realised that after a good 5 mins. (But i thought he had more parts to the first half of the tourney)  8) :P

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Allie

Watching me repeat the same rules is as repetitive as actually typing out the same rules.

onyx

1) Learn2Crop & render. Auto 480p? Lol what quality are you talking about; El Gato my butt dude. Looks like a potato cam and you really showed your lack of video editing experience and professionalism with your argument.

2) No way in hell anyone is going to watch more than 15 seconds without skipping that hella long footage.

3) Just commentate the rules that allie is saying / extra stuff because again, super boring and lacks material.

If you need help...hmu and send me the footage and I'll send you back finished solo matches for you to upload. Don't be lazy my G.

123bomb123

IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

Corr

Limit video to 3:36 (avg good music vid).

Add some dubstep, drop the bass when a match starts, show off variations of people dying, dodging, transforming, back and forth hitting, and do the fishy/shy  wave when you win.

gg.

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

Pokeh

>quality
>480p

I mean yeah the game is as old as runescape but it may seem better if recorded at least in 720p.

Also I have mixed feelings about 1 video vs. multiple. I feel the best way to do it is edit the matches and include detailed info about the round, match (1, 2, or 3/3), and playername vs. playername

Then upload and create playlists on YT for each round (or 1 big playlist called "ZG Bots Q3 PvP Tournament 2015" or something, uploaded by ascending order from round 1 to the finals).

Then again you'll need someone who has the time and ability to do that big of an edit.

edit: camera angle -- it could have been better if zoomed all the way out for the entire match (I think the setting is by pressing 8 on the numberpad)

Cooky

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-