May 10, 2024, 10:30:20 AMLatest Member: WilliamElusa
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Evolution

Evolution

Started by Allie, September 19, 2010, 08:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xrow

I love how we're debating about locking a flaming debate topic.

Continue to discuss I guess.

zepher2211

Quote from: Allie on September 21, 2010, 12:25:59 AM
I have something extremely important to tell you about your comment:
You and Lugia have really boring walls of text.
At least I can read some other people's walls.

I really don't care if their interesting to anyone, as long as I think their informational.
Powersurge
Headstrong

Xrow

Quote from: zepher2211 on September 21, 2010, 12:33:01 AM
I really don't care if their interesting to anyone, as long as I think their informational.

You should also care if people actually read them, just sayin

Yz

if no one reads it, cuz its boring, it doesnt matter how informational it is
DISCORD killyzkill

Optimism

September 21, 2010, 12:37:25 AM #109 Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 12:43:04 AM by Optimism
Quote from: Optimism on September 19, 2010, 09:36:37 PM
King, what if I told you that I modified the genome of a select organism that facilitated the generation of a three-valve heart (the previous generation had a two valve heart). This process has the potential to take place over millions of years, given that the coding sequence must mutate for the production of a multicomplex protein//signaling pathway to promote such an event. However, within the laboratory, this can be forced within a single generation given that the coding sequence is known and can be readily duplicated to force such an occurrence. If nature selected for this variant upon its fruition, then this would be beneficial and maintain itself within the species' populous.

MUMBO JUMBO RIGHT?

WRONG -- I've done it.

King, mind elaborating on the following? If you understand the tenants of evolution, then, most certainly, explaining away the above will be difficult. Given that you don't understand the tenets of evolution, this won't be a problem for you. I've forced an expedited form of what would inevitably become an evolutionary process over millions (perhaps billions) of years given mutation of the specific base pairs required for the aforementioned protein code sequence//signaling pathway to facilitate the production of a tri-valve heart.

This isn't some made up process; I'VE DONE THIS IN THE LABORATORY...

Apparently, there is a bit of god in all of us, humans :).
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

zepher2211

It is true that I should care whether ppl read them but am I to assume everyone one has adhd?
Powersurge
Headstrong

Allie

You're to assume that people have troubles reading text that makes you yawn every 6 words.

zepher2211

Am I to assume these people never read a textbook?
Powersurge
Headstrong

Allie

I'd prefer to read a textbook about the history of textbooks than your paragraphs.
;[

Xrow

Quote from: Tricky on September 21, 2010, 12:37:16 AM
if no one reads it, cuz its boring, it doesnt matter how informational it is

Exactly   8)

Xrow

Quote from: Optimism on September 21, 2010, 12:37:25 AM
King, mind elaborating on the following? If you understand the tenants of evolution, then, most certainly, explaining away the above will be difficult. Given that you don't understand the tenets of evolution, this won't be a problem for you. I've forced an expedited form of what would inevitably become an evolutionary process over millions (perhaps billions) of years given mutation of the specific base pairs required for the aforementioned protein code sequence//signaling pathway to facilitate the production of a tri-valve heart.

This isn't some made up process; I'VE DONE THIS IN THE LABORATORY...

Apparently, there is a bit of god in all of us, humans :).

Genetic mutation through controlled conditions in a laboratory =/= "evolution" buddy.

zepher2211

Quote from: Allie on September 21, 2010, 12:53:55 AM
I'd prefer to read a textbook about the history of textbooks than your paragraphs.
;[

How amazingly ridiculous o_o /givesup
Powersurge
Headstrong

zomniethe4

Jetpacks. Problem solved

Zom

GavinGill

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is
done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

Xrow

I can't take any of this convo seriously anymore haha.
Time to play :D

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-