May 10, 2024, 01:53:30 PMLatest Member: KordahBup
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Evolution

Evolution

Started by Allie, September 19, 2010, 08:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Optimism

September 21, 2010, 01:05:44 AM #120 Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:11:54 AM by Optimism
Quote from: Xrow on September 21, 2010, 12:56:26 AM
Genetic mutation through controlled conditions in a laboratory =/= "evolution" buddy.

Are you denying mutations occur randomly throughout time within nature?

Obviously not, since you've admitted that mutation is possible in a laboratory environment; extending this logic, I'm assuming you will submit that it is possible within a natural environment. If mutation leads to change and nature selects for this change over time, then how sir, are you denying evolution outright, as this, by definition, is evolution. If I can manipulate a genome to force a new trait; therefore, leading to a new species (your concern earlier), then what is stopping nature from selecting for this mutation that occurs randomly (1 in 1MB [1,000,000 base pairs]).

The answer: nothing. Maybe you now understand? Probably not.
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Jeffalo13

Quote from: Optimism on September 21, 2010, 01:05:44 AM

Obviously not, since you've admitted that mutation is possible in a laboratory environment; extending this logic, I'm assuming you will submit that it is possible within a natural environment. If mutation leads to change and nature selects for this change over time, then how sir, are you denying evolution outright, as this, by definition, is evolution. If I can manipulate a genome to force a new trait; therefore, leading to a new species (your concern earlier), then what is stopping nature from selecting for this mutation that occurs randomly (1 in 1MB (megabase pairs [1,000,000 base pairs]).

God dam.n, you guys are really getting into this. We now know Opti is at least doing some work in college :P.
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

GavinGill

^ Lulz.

Bio seems interesting, maybe I should take that. .-.

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is
done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

Jeffalo13

Tyler is too mean in posts >_>.  "Maybe you now understand? Probably not.".
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

GavinGill

Xrow's the one who called him stupid. :P

Yz

Quote from: Jeffalo13 on September 21, 2010, 01:27:02 AM
Tyler is too mean in posts >_>.  "Maybe you now understand? Probably not.".

xrow calls everyone insults and pricks and stuff
DISCORD killyzkill

Xrow

September 21, 2010, 01:45:37 AM #126 Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:49:10 AM by Xrow
Quote from: Optimism on September 21, 2010, 01:05:44 AM

Obviously not, since you've admitted that mutation is possible in a laboratory environment; extending this logic, I'm assuming you will submit that it is possible within a natural environment. If mutation leads to change and nature selects for this change over time, then how sir, are you denying evolution outright, as this, by definition, is evolution. If I can manipulate a genome to force a new trait; therefore, leading to a new species (your concern earlier), then what is stopping nature from selecting for this mutation that occurs randomly (1 in 1MB [1,000,000 base pairs]).

The answer: nothing. Maybe you now understand? Probably not.

Well then technically it does exist. But it doesn't exist in the most well-known version.
(Beneficial genetic mutations lead to more adept creatures)
Nope nope nope.

Quote from: GavinGill on September 21, 2010, 01:34:07 AM
Xrow's the one who called him stupid. :P

Don't you judge me  :-X

Quote from: Tricky on September 21, 2010, 01:36:11 AM
xrow calls everyone insults and pricks and stuff

LOLTRU.
Prick is my fave :3.

Xrow

Thank GOD for Optimism.

Optimism

September 21, 2010, 11:58:23 AM #128 Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 12:00:38 PM by Optimism
Quote from: Xrow on September 21, 2010, 01:45:37 AM
Well then technically it does exist. But it doesn't exist in the most well-known version.
(Beneficial genetic mutations lead to more adept creatures)
Nope nope nope.

Don't you judge me  :-X

LOLTRU.
Prick is my fave :3.

Given your lack-luster response, I'm willing to bet something sparked inside that mind of yours. Now, this is very important: don't run from this light, pursue it. Don't choose to remain ignorant because of fear -- consume it. I was once a republican Christian. Never again -- I didn't run. There is happiness outside the binding walls of religion, king. I would argue a greater happiness, a freedom of sorts (even with this freedom, morality still pervades itself).
- Opti -
- Retired -

Iridion

wait
is opti's name tyler

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Optimism

- Opti -
- Retired -

Iridion

i tought ur name was something like josh or jeff
*sadface*

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Jeffalo13

Quote from: Optimism on September 21, 2010, 12:00:57 PM
Yes, sir!

Omfg!  We were talking about evolution in my biology class and I was like "WHERE BE MY MAN TYLER". 

:p.
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

GavinGill

Quote from: Optimism on September 21, 2010, 11:58:23 AM
Given your lack-luster response, I'm willing to bet something sparked inside that mind of yours. Now, this is very important: don't run from this light, pursue it. Don't choose to remain ignorant because of fear -- consume it. I was once a republican Christian. Never again -- I didn't run. There is happiness outside the binding walls of religion, king. I would argue a greater happiness, a freedom of sorts (even with this freedom, morality still pervades itself).
I... have to make a (de)motivational poster out of this.

Xrow

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-