May 04, 2024, 07:38:50 PMLatest Member: 0ptipl3x137
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » Introductions » Hello! (Sorta new here)

Hello! (Sorta new here)

Started by yongzhi2000, November 25, 2015, 01:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yongzhi2000

Hello! I'm new to the community. I started playing Bout cheetah back when it was still called bots, all the way back in 2007. It was my childhood and I'm really happy to be able to start playing it again. So yeah. Hi.

Allie

Hi.
If you're coming back from 2007, you should know this is a private server that began in 2009 (right before BOTS died) that was left alone from about late 2013 to about a month ago.
It has a lot of new content since your time, aswell as things generally completely different.
We've since picked it back up and plan to do a major revival in the coming months, so if you have fun, I'd suggest you keep an eye out.

On a side note, if you don't enjoy everything being new, we also have a server that's almost exactly the game you left. It has less people, as it is a side project and not currently being worked on, but it's there. We plan to revive that aswell at some point after BC is fresh again.

Hope you have fun, welcome to the game.

z0co2

Hi, welcome to the communitiy.

Most of us were old bots players from that time.

Nice to meet you and have fun!

yongzhi2000

Quote from: z0co2 on November 25, 2015, 01:49:19 PM
Hi, welcome to the communitiy.

Most of us were old bots players from that time.

Nice to meet you and have fun!
Quote from: Allie on November 25, 2015, 01:46:35 PM
Hi.
If you're coming back from 2007, you should know this is a private server that began in 2009 (right before BOTS died) that was left alone from about late 2013 to about a month ago.
It has a lot of new content since your time, aswell as things generally completely different.
We've since picked it back up and plan to do a major revival in the coming months, so if you have fun, I'd suggest you keep an eye out.

On a side note, if you don't enjoy everything being new, we also have a server that's almost exactly the game you left. It has less people, as it is a side project and not currently being worked on, but it's there. We plan to revive that aswell at some point after BC is fresh again.

Hope you have fun, welcome to the game.
Thanks! How much has changed since then? I tried to look at it a short while back. Like, last year. But the site was down and I assumed Bots was dead forever. But things seem to be active now with events and stuff. I'm looking forward to the revival.

Allie

Max level's 270 for members (optional content), will be 235 soon for non-members, sectors range from 1 to 266 (non-members can clear the higher maps).

The sectors were swapped around a little bit so it tells a more clear story with the flavour text, and you get stronger when you level up, instead of stats being purely from the sets you wear.
Most of the sets you know are considered "old" and you'll probly outlevel them before you get a full set. We might do something about this in the near future.

A variety of new items, including a new coupon that lets you exchange items for other items, so you can customize your set (list of items that can do this fairly small).

Besides those things, it's generally similar-ish. The gameplay is the same, but weights are slightly different. You can't get full TD unless you're a patch, for example, and unlike the original BOTS, patches do more damage outside of trans while rams do more in it.

Coins are free, but we have a variety of cosmetic items you can pick up on the zylon shop. They're almost all tradeable if you'd prefer to buy from others.

anaroy50

Quote from: yongzhi2000 on November 25, 2015, 01:15:15 PM
Hello! I'm new to the community. I started playing Bout cheetah back when it was still called bots, all the way back in 2007. It was my childhood and I'm really happy to be able to start playing it again. So yeah. Hi.
Hey.
Nice to see people stell come on here.
Welcome to Boutcheetah!
We have here an active game, with an gr8 community and awesome players!
For any question or help, u can ask me or the other players and we will do our best.
Hope you'll have a great time in here :) :) :).

IGN : PT Roy(270)/PT Royster(262)
Guild : Prestige/Legion

Pokeh

Quote from: yongzhi2000 on November 25, 2015, 01:51:49 PM
Thanks! How much has changed since then? I tried to look at it a short while back. Like, last year. But the site was down and I assumed Bots was dead forever. But things seem to be active now with events and stuff. I'm looking forward to the revival.
It's like someone just thawed from a cryogenic chamber years later and its fun to see them get all excited about everything that's changed since.

yongzhi2000

Hey.
Welcome to Boutcheetah!
For any question or help, u can ask me or the other players and we will do our best.
Thanks for the warm welcome! :D Would you happen to know if the game supports fullscreen? And if it does, how do I access it?
Quote from: Allie on November 25, 2015, 02:00:09 PM
Max level's 270 for members (optional content), will be 235 soon for non-members, sectors range from 1 to 266 (non-members can clear the higher maps).

The sectors were swapped around a little bit so it tells a more clear story with the flavour text, and you get stronger when you level up, instead of stats being purely from the sets you wear.
Most of the sets you know are considered "old" and you'll probly outlevel them before you get a full set. We might do something about this in the near future.

A variety of new items, including a new coupon that lets you exchange items for other items, so you can customize your set (list of items that can do this fairly small).

Besides those things, it's generally similar-ish. The gameplay is the same, but weights are slightly different. You can't get full TD unless you're a patch, for example, and unlike the original BOTS, patches do more damage outside of trans while rams do more in it.

Coins are free, but we have a variety of cosmetic items you can pick up on the zylon shop. They're almost all tradeable if you'd prefer to buy from others.
Aww. That's slightly inconvenient, since I mainly played patch. But I'm sure I'll be able to punch my way around that. Does the game have cosmetic item slots now? Like, can I equip a store bought set purely for looks while keeping the stats of the top tier gear?
Quote from: Pokeh on November 25, 2015, 02:26:43 PM

It's like someone just thawed from a cryogenic chamber years later and its fun to see them get all excited about everything that's changed since.
Yeah! Especially since my very first Bots account from when I was 7 is still active, and has all my gear. (Oh my god I played it for ages and I somehow was only level 7.)

Allie

Unfortunately the cosmetic slots aren't out yet.
We are heading in that direction (as of last week, actually) and hope to expand to something like that at some point though.

And patches are pretty sought after. Both because they're the only BOT type that can TD cap, and because they do a ton of damage to bosses.

yongzhi2000

Quote from: Allie on November 25, 2015, 11:36:19 PM
Unfortunately the cosmetic slots aren't out yet.
We are heading in that direction (as of last week, actually) and hope to expand to something like that at some point though.

And patches are pretty sought after. Both because they're the only BOT type that can TD cap, and because they do a ton of damage to bosses.
What does TD mean?

Bluepatchx

- - - - - My portfolio: http://jsvanbreda.cynderian.com/ - - - - - 

yongzhi2000

Quote from: Bluepatchx on November 26, 2015, 12:46:43 AM
TD is Trans Defence.
Oh. Thanks! So Patches are basically tanks with high attack and defense in trans mode?
What are the roles of each class?

medchiller

Quote from: yongzhi2000 on November 26, 2015, 12:53:31 AM
Quote from: Bluepatchx on November 26, 2015, 12:46:43 AM
TD is Trans Defence.
defense in trans mode?
Naw, they have high defense against transed enemies (AKA boss mobs)

anaroy50

November 26, 2015, 01:35:17 AM #13 Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 09:59:53 AM by anaroy50
Quote from: yongzhi2000 on November 25, 2015, 11:20:35 PM
Hey.
Welcome to Boutcheetah!
Thanks for the warm welcome! :D Would you happen to know if the game supports fullscreen? And if it does, how do I access it?
yep u can do fullscreen.
when u open the launcher, press settings, than u have an option "screen mode" which set on windows, change it to full screen and there you go :):):).

IGN : PT Roy(270)/PT Royster(262)
Guild : Prestige/Legion

Allie

Quote from: yongzhi2000 on November 26, 2015, 12:53:31 AM
What are the roles of each class?

Patches are invincible against transed enemies, rams are nukes while in trans, and surges are speedsters.
For that reason, patches are best in maps with transed enemies, rams are best in maps with mostly untransed enemies, and surges are best for pvp.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-