May 03, 2024, 01:34:45 PMLatest Member: CharlesSuife
BoutCheetah » Forum » Zylon Gaming » Updates » High Resolution Beta is out!

High Resolution Beta is out!

Started by Santa, November 11, 2011, 09:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa

Hello everyone, some of you may know that we disabled the changing of resolution in the registry for many different reasons.  However, we have been working very diligently on creating a HD resolution for you all to play in over the past few months, which would be 100% compatible with the client.  We will need a list of bugs to repair before we officially release this update to everyone, so I urge everyone who likes playing games in HD to try out the high resolution beta.

The way you can switch between low resolution and high resolution is by modifying the settings panel for ZylonShield.  If you feel the game play lags more for you, than the low resolution client, then I suggest you do not use the high resolution until we get all of the kinks worked out.  If you do find a bug not described in the current bug list, please let me know by posting a response to this topic, and I'll see about fixing them.

Current bug list:
1.) The main health / trans bar length's are not sized correct in-game.
2.) The player's name box locations cannot go past 800 x 600 on the screen in game.
3.) The text for changing bot type is not inside of the box.
4.) The level image size required on item for the shop items is smaller than it should be.

Download link: Here

Credits: Zepher2211, Meteor, Allie and Myself.

~RedEyes.

zepher2211

If you want something that looks awesome in high res look at the bladium trans lol
Powersurge
Headstrong

KillerPig

November 11, 2011, 10:01:04 PM #2 Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:17:58 PM by KillerPig
dood nice. ill go bug hunting.

EDIT:

5) Whatever + part you are wearing appears when you examine a player.
Ex: I'm wearing a +7 arm and every person I examine appears to be wearing a +7 arm.

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Rossbach

Omnomnom eating toast.

zepher2211

Quote from: KillerPig on November 11, 2011, 10:01:04 PM
dood nice. ill go bug hunting.

EDIT:

5) Whatever + part you are wearing appears when you examine a player.
Ex: I'm wearing a +7 arm and every person I examine appears to be wearing a +7 arm.

That's with low res to o-o

@Ross: you only say that cause it doesnt match your recording thing
Powersurge
Headstrong

KillerPig

Rossbach

Kenny get on MSN and unblock Ross so Ross can rage at you.

Omnomnom eating toast.

Leki

Just downloaded it. Gonna go test it out.

zepher2211

For those confused on how to make it work:

Install in bc folder
Start bc
Open options in ZylonShield
Change Resolution to 1280x968
and Save
Powersurge
Headstrong

Wadsa

Former Sanctuary Leader
For ever and always #1

Click

November 12, 2011, 03:19:10 AM #10 Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 03:24:32 AM by Affinity
Quote from: Rossbach on November 11, 2011, 10:47:42 PM
Ew.
Here comes Mr.Negativity again... How can you say Ew on an HD beta for BoutCheetah ?
Anyways, downloading it now and I'll test it when it's done. Awesome work on making a high res beta  ;)
Edit : Found another bug (maybe it's just for me), after installing the beta successfully and launching bout cheetah, it gives me a white screen that takes 80% of the screen's area and just crashes afterwards... any ideas why ?
The normal resolution setting works just fine (800 x 600).

I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Santa

Quote from: Affinity on November 12, 2011, 03:19:10 AM
Ew.
Here comes Mr.Negativity again... How can you say Ew on an HD beta for BoutCheetah ?
Anyways, downloading it now and I'll test it when it's done. Awesome work on making a high res beta  ;)
Edit : Found another bug (maybe it's just for me), after installing the beta successfully and launching bout cheetah, it gives me a white screen that takes 80% of the screen's area and just crashes afterwards... any ideas why ?

Your monitor probably cannot handle 1280 x 960, what's the max resolution your pc can have?

Click

Quote from: Santa on November 12, 2011, 03:25:48 AM
Ew.

Your monitor probably cannot handle 1280 x 960, what's the max resolution your pc can have?
My screen resolution is 1440 x 900, that's why it crashed... This screen is 20" so... yeah. I'll download on the other (better) PC later on when I get on it. That PC's screen res is about 1600 x something (I think). Thanks anyways Santa  ;).

Santa

Quote from: Affinity on November 12, 2011, 03:36:54 AM
Quote from: Santa on November 12, 2011, 03:25:48 AM
Ew.

My screen resolution is 1440 x 900, that's why it crashed... This screen is 20" so... yeah. I'll download on the other (better) PC later on when I get on it. That PC's screen res is about 1600 x something (I think). Thanks anyways Santa  ;).

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance with this, but you can still try the client by using windowed mode, it will be a little big height wise, but won't crash your client.

Click

O M G, I installed it on this PC and it worked perfectly... THIS RESOLUTION IS AWESOME !! You guys did a great job ! :o :o :P ;)  Oh, and another bug is the trans bar, when it finishes loading it reaches the middle of the bar, like the HP.

mo9

uh the res is kinda a bad choice , cause not alot of people have screens over 900 hight
anyway in debug mode some things kinda overlap
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

Click

Found a new minor bug. When I log in the screen flashes quickly (real quick white flash) 3 times in a row.

hawk5005

The damage is miss-placed.
When you hit someone, the dmg is too far to the left, same thing when you get hit.

Meteor

@The LQness, I'll have the HQ ui done by tomorrow.

(click to show/hide)

mhj

It's too big for me. I can't see all the screen. I can't even go to shop/info or exit a room..

|More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.|

hawk5005

Quote from: mhj on November 12, 2011, 06:59:47 AM
It's too big for me. I can't see all the screen. I can't even go to shop/info or exit a room..
Change your pc res to 1280x960 ...

mo9

my max is 1600 x 900 so yeah same prob
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

mhj

Quote from: hawk5005 on November 12, 2011, 07:01:04 AM
Quote from: mhj on November 12, 2011, 06:59:47 AM
Change your pc res to 1280x960 ...
My max is 1600 x 900. So I kinda need 60 more.

NeoKiller

It also works for fullscreen right ?

Click

Quote from: NeoKiller on November 12, 2011, 09:40:31 AM
Yes it does.
Another bug is that I see everyone's HP bar next to my bot, all the time.

mhj

Quote from: NeoKiller on November 12, 2011, 09:40:31 AM
My client crashes when I use high resolution along with full screen.

koolwolf2

You guys should add a requirments part to this

1280x960 res
Windows xp or higher
More than 1.00 Ghz

Newest one:

mhj

zepher2211

No new res will be started until this one is completely done, until then you will have to deal with this, or not use it.
Powersurge
Headstrong

mhj

Quote from: zepher2211 on November 12, 2011, 02:44:53 PM
No new res will be started until this one is completely done, until then you will have to deal with this, or not use it.
That's fine. But a bit amount in the community can't use it because of the size there should be another too.

Santa

Exactly, there is no way to use it in full screen unless your computer can go to at least 1280 x 960.

zepher2211

Btw my laptop which only goes to 1600x900 I still use to play, I just don't chat and shit; its still very useful for taking screenies of mods and such.
Powersurge
Headstrong

Click

Quote from: zepher2211 on November 12, 2011, 03:00:17 PM
Btw my laptop which only goes to 1600x900 I still use to play, I just don't chat and shit; its still very useful for taking screenies of mods and such.
Really really useful.

Dillh

hey here is an error with the high res version

If you download it u will probs see the problem !!!!

PT Dillh (Steveroseik-) | Guild : Prestige | Lvl : 270 |

Santa

Quote from: Dillh on November 12, 2011, 04:10:08 PM

Ahh, thanks for the info, I will be resolving this one asap.  Must have undone that somehow, because it was working at one point in time.

~RedEyes.

Dillh

PT Dillh (Steveroseik-) | Guild : Prestige | Lvl : 270 |

Delta

Quote from: Santa on November 12, 2011, 04:14:51 PM
Quote from: Dillh on November 12, 2011, 04:10:08 PM

Ahh, thanks for the info, I will be resolving this one asap.  Must have undone that somehow, because it was working at one point in time.

~RedEyes.
Pleas post if it's done :P

zepher2211

I think there's something wrong with dillh's lol mine works just fine on that part o-o (I used the installer on this bc so its the same):

Powersurge
Headstrong

Pokeh

Quote from: Santa on November 12, 2011, 02:46:56 PM
Exactly, there is no way to use it in full screen unless your computer can go to at least 1280 x 960.

1280x800 >_____>

sirhamtaro

Click

When will the main / final version of this be released ? (Where Santa will fix all of the bugs).

mhj

Quote from: Affinity on November 16, 2011, 11:07:11 AM
When will the main / final version of this be released ? (Where Santa will fix all of the bugs).
When he is done... No. I doubt all bugs are found and he will probably release it when everything is fit.

Iridion

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Click

Quote from: mhj on November 16, 2011, 11:23:43 AM
Quote from: Affinity on November 16, 2011, 11:07:11 AM
When he is done... No. I doubt all bugs are found and he will probably release it when everything is fit.
Oh, ok... thanks buddy  ;) :P.

KillerPig

Corr

It can be as clear as crystal still isn't going to help you beat pro's in PvP. That is iff their are any these days.

:D

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

zepher2211

Quote from: Corr on November 16, 2011, 09:13:21 PM
It can be as clear as crystal still isn't going to help you beat pro's in PvP. That is iff their are any these days.

Is that all you think about, or is it just that you have a hard time making good on topic posts O-o
Powersurge
Headstrong

Corr

I do it for the lulz.

Santa

Pokeh

Quote from: Corr on November 16, 2011, 09:13:21 PM

[/quote

You should start playing.

There's only a handful of active PvPers who are non-members and have no OP items (Dark Meto, etc.)

Other guys that are actually good are mostly members with max stats, mils of BS, OP Guns, etc... soo not really fun pvping them.

Rest are average, or below.

Corr

Quote from: Santa on November 17, 2011, 12:39:10 AM
Quote from: Corr on November 16, 2011, 11:35:47 PM
I make goods with my right hand, package them. Then sell them. Then turn it sideways and shove it up your candy ass.

~The Amazing Corr.

I do it for the lulz.

Santa

Quote from: Corr on November 17, 2011, 02:33:49 AM
Quote from: Santa on November 17, 2011, 12:39:10 AM
Quote from: Corr on November 16, 2011, 11:35:47 PM
I make goods with my right hand, package them. Then sell them. Then turn it sideways and shove it up your candy ass.

~The Amazing Surrogate.

Corr

What was your name again?  ;D

~The Amazing Amazer.

I do it for the lulz.

daniel4667

It broken?
Game loads and then it stoped working?
What whrrong???  :(

Santa

What is your computers maximum resolution?

It has to be at least 1280 x 960 to use the beta resolution in full screen.

~RedEyes.

daniel4667

My computers max resolution is like : 1366X1360
Why boutcheetah crashes when i run it in 1280 x 960???

Santa

Quote from: daniel4667 on November 23, 2011, 02:54:05 PM

That's a good question.  Maybe try installing the "Full Client" above, and reinstalling the high resolution patcher.

~RedEyes.

Allie

Quote from: daniel4667 on November 23, 2011, 02:54:05 PM

Try entering that max resolution.
Mine for example offers 1600x1200 but my monitor won't support it, so it doesn't work.

Not all resolutions that your graphics card\chipset will support is supported by your monitor.

TwitchFast

November 29, 2011, 04:11:29 PM #58 Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 04:15:04 PM by TwitchFast
I don't suppose different client sizes could be added to the settings? my monitor can only handle 1920x1080, although my graphics card can do 2100x2600 if I remember correctly, and the client is minescule, I would like to use this higher res mod but it has some glitches from what I've just read.

This is the size on my screen:

I don't want to resort to full screen either as I like to talk via msn and other stuff.

Santa

Quote from: TwitchFast on November 29, 2011, 04:11:29 PM
I don't suppose different client sizes could be added to the settings? my monitor can only handle 1920x1080, although my graphics card can do 2100x2600 if I remember correctly, and the client is minescule, I would like to use this higher res mod but it has some glitches from what I've just read.

This is the size on my screen:

I don't want to resort to full screen either as I like to talk via msn and other stuff.

Yes, I have not had much free time recently to work on the high res any, but those glitches will be eventually patched, and keep in mind that this is still beta for it, so their will be bugs until the official release, and no, there is no other way to get a higher resolution at the moment without using this.

~RedEyes.

TwitchFast

I figured I would rather try it rather than bash it straight away, but I get this;

Santa

Quote from: TwitchFast on December 01, 2011, 08:14:45 PM
I figured I would rather try it rather than bash it straight away, but I get this;

Sorry about that, this is kind of out dated, due to the update that was made a little bit ago.  Try downloading

this and place it into

C:\Zylon Gaming\BoutCheetah\

TwitchFast

December 02, 2011, 01:11:32 PM #62 Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:20:17 PM by TwitchFast
I done as you instructed, this popped up then after clicking Okay it closed the client.

I'll just reinstall the client and leave it as it was, was just hoping it could be improved upon  :D

Gramps

Quote from: TwitchFast on December 02, 2011, 01:11:32 PM
I done as you instructed, this popped up then after clicking Okay it closed the client.

I'll just reinstall the client and leave it as it was, was just hoping it could be improved upon  :D

Delete the settings.ini or just settings.

^^meaty, muncay, zom & kenny <3

Click

Quote from: Gramps on December 02, 2011, 04:26:56 PM
Quote from: TwitchFast on December 02, 2011, 01:11:32 PM

Delete the settings.ini or just settings.
That does work, but it removes the high resolution settings... That's not a proper solution.

Gramps

I still have high res after deleting.

^^meaty, muncay, zom & kenny <3

Click

I lost it, so I ran the high resolution installer and go it working, but after I launched the game, I got the same error as Twitch.

Santa

Hello, unfortunately this feature is currently not going to work, but we will release version 2 of high res beta in a few days, which will allow you to use it again.

~RedEyes.

Santa

Sorry if I have been neglecting to produce updates for this, but we have actually been working on it.

The GUI has been completely replaced with high res images.  A few image locations in trade have been fixed, along with icons not being clickable.  The stat screen has been adjusted a bit.  The bot preview image for changing bot type has been fixed in the correct location.

The link has been updated, but I will post it here as well.

Link to Download

NeoKiller

Leki

CoreVersion

Is there no way to type in your own res, or manually change it anywhere? I quite fancy playing on 1440x900, rather than a stretched 800x600 :)

Thanks anyway,
Core.

Hey Code Red, guess what? Anti-Virus scan mothafukka!

Santa

Quote from: CoreVersion on January 22, 2012, 05:52:52 PM
Is there no way to type in your own res, or manually change it anywhere? I quite fancy playing on 1440x900, rather than a stretched 800x600 :)

Thanks anyway,
Core.

it's not a very easy task changing the resolution to this game.  if we had the source to it, ofcourse we would be able to do that.

Pokeh

Yz

haha get pwnt poke you nub

"GM Core" isnt important to everyone like u think he is nab
DISCORD killyzkill

Pokeh

o well he was more popular than this guy soo chances are... :$

Yz

Quote from: Pokeh on January 23, 2012, 02:29:41 PM
o well he was more popular than this guy soo chances are... :$

he was back when u played now he isnt shit compared to version kthx
DISCORD killyzkill

Pokeh

corr was mlg CB #1 player idk who this version guy even is

zepher2211

You guys lead to more off topic discussion than anyone else on the forum
Powersurge
Headstrong

CoreVersion

Hey Code Red, guess what? Anti-Virus scan mothafukka!

boutcheetahz

The download link is broken for me. Help?
IGN(High): HateDark
IGN(Low): LoveLight

NightWaffle

Quote from: boutcheetahz on March 04, 2012, 08:42:09 AM

Presumably because the server is down.
If everyone was right, there would be nothing left.~Waffle

boutcheetahz

Quote from: NightWaffle on March 04, 2012, 11:24:28 AM
Quote from: boutcheetahz on March 04, 2012, 08:42:09 AM

Presumably because the server is down.

I get this thing, what do I do?

Rossbach

It is outdated. Kenny might update it sometime.

Omnomnom eating toast.

boutcheetahz

the1ofall

pls the link is broken  ::) ;D want to play in hd :P

Just tried http://clashofclanshelper.com/ - I got free Clash of Clans gems here! Get yous too in less than two minutes!! Everybody is already using free gems from here.(fdb4MDW52s)

Redemption

The download link is not working for me.

Its said 404 Not Found

am i the only one getting this?  :-\
"Mistakes can happen"

Nucleaon

^ I hate your name. And they took it down to work with it.

IGNs:
BC: Nuc | Kyura
GC: SaphireFlare

Revenge10

there is something not good with the link -.- when i press on Here thing it show an error page what can i do?????

Selene

Quote from: Revenge10 on May 02, 2012, 06:43:26 PM
there is something not good with the link -.- when i press on Here thing it show an error page what can i do?????
It's outdated. Kenny will release a new one soon hopefully.

Redemption

Quote from: Nucleaon on May 02, 2012, 05:54:05 PM
^ I hate your name. And they took it down to work with it.

Dont care.  ;D
"Mistakes can happen"

Revenge10

okei guys i re-uploaded the highres.exe i hope its allowed to let me doing this the new link is :-
http://www.mediafire.com/?z2e9q7zb33aq2ba enjoy :)

andreiut12

[/URL]

Revenge10

Quote from: Revenge10 on May 06, 2012, 09:44:03 AM
okei guys i re-uploaded the highres.exe i hope its allowed to let me doing this the new link is :-
http://www.mediafire.com/?z2e9q7zb33aq2ba enjoy :)
Quote from: andreiut12 on May 06, 2012, 01:14:33 PM
Download link not working ::)
try this one :) it works bro :D

Santa

The client should already have the latest high resolution patch on it.  I released it on all clients a few updates ago.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-