May 20, 2024, 12:32:08 PMLatest Member: Curtismax
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » The future

The future

Started by Pein, April 27, 2014, 03:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooky

Quote from: Iridion on April 28, 2014, 04:28:21 PM
latest and higher-class cars have so many sensors and electronics systems to be considered very close to self driving
and we are talking about stock cars, not a group of test cars
how are they close to self driving? you have to have your eyes on the road at all times and steer the vehicle, accelerate, decelerate, etc

even a blind guy was able to travel to work in google's self driving car, I don't think all the 'sensors and electronic systems' of todays cars are going to come anywhere close to that capability. you literally don't have to touch anything.

Iridion

April 28, 2014, 05:36:24 PM #31 Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 05:39:39 PM by Iridion
Quote from: Cooky on April 28, 2014, 05:16:37 PM
Quote from: Iridion on April 28, 2014, 04:28:21 PM
latest and higher-class cars have so many sensors and electronics systems to be considered very close to self driving
and we are talking about stock cars, not a group of test cars
how are they close to self driving? you have to have your eyes on the road at all times and steer the vehicle, accelerate, decelerate, etc

even a blind guy was able to travel to work in google's self driving car, I don't think all the 'sensors and electronic systems' of todays cars are going to come anywhere close to that capability. you literally don't have to touch anything.
-cars that can park themselves (they steer on their own)
-distance sensors and braking systems that brake automatically at a certain distance are growing to higher speeds (up to 50kmh atm, which is city speed)
-many cars have: antisleep, anti lane-crossing, cruise control, light sensors, everything. so yeah cars are close to being self driven w/o google's test car
-plus the more and more advanced automatic shifts, electronic controls such as abs

obliviously actual cars arent pushed to the limit, but for the average driver the above stuff eliminates pretty much all the possible downsides/difficulties of driving. a whole automatic cars like you is for extreme situations and cant be referred in a normal situation imo

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

JustRK

Agree with iri, if you could program destinations and stop light recognition most higher classed cars are basically self driving with their proximity censors that over-ride user controls in the event they begin to sway out of a lane or come too close to a vehicle.

but most self driving cars are just prototypes at that and the problem of mass producing them would be having to train people to over ride the system in case of a malfunction or emergency as well as having an interlinked traffic light and driver to operator data base in the event a child is stuck in a car alone without an adult.

Iridion

also, i would never ever drive an automtic car. the only electronic controls i'd like to have on a car are security controls (must be able to disable them) and of course no automatic shifter ::)

thats how we roll maddie

Cooky

yes todays cars do have a lot of automatic featured like iri listed, but I still think its a bit of a stretch to say that todays cars are to be 'considered very close' to self driving cars

just my opinion

Pein

if self driving cars are produced and used commonly, will there be:-

license required for driving?

kids like "Ooo yea i'm only a 10 yr old kid and i can still DRIVE my dad's car!!" ?

Madprox

Just saying, 100% self-driven cars from point A to B, are already a thing, like, that's already been invented and made.

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Iridion

Quote from: Pein on April 29, 2014, 02:33:13 PM

kids like "Ooo yea i'm only a 10 yr old kid and i can still DRIVE my dad's car!!" ?

of course not

its not like 10 yr old kids are allowed to drink alcohol because they can lift a bottle and drink it

thats how we roll maddie

Pein

April 29, 2014, 04:46:49 PM #38 Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:52:42 PM by Pein
(click to show/hide)
he quoted that from a random article/google lol

-----

do anyone think a device will be invented that can store informations in our brain?

Pokeh

I'm positive something like an automated breathalyzer will be required to start your engine or something but yeah if cars do become automated then i don't really see the point in having one. Alcohol limit will still be 21 or w.e it is in your country.

Iridion

Quote from: Pokeh on April 29, 2014, 05:01:12 PM

I'm positive something like an automated breathalyzer will be required to start your engine or something but yeah if cars do become automated then i don't really see the point in having one. Alcohol limit will still be 21 or w.e it is in your country.
or simply his parents will be careful and avoid letting the kid take the car? perhaps like it have always been.
this is why we cant get a clear prevision of the future: we cannot keep simple concepts that way and we abstract even the simplest aspects.

quick example: we (meh) get all excited about an automated car, hoping that soon cars will drive automatically and we (another meh) underline how the google team has made many miles with an automated car and a blind man was able to "drive" one; yet we don't know that the combustion engine that moves the majority of the world's car is more than a hundered years old and that the major development in the car industry has been made in that field - not in electronics or all the kinky stuff attention is focused on thesedays.

thats how we roll maddie

Pein

Quote from: Iridion on April 29, 2014, 05:26:40 PM

or simply his parents will be careful and avoid letting the kid take the car? perhaps like it have always been.
this is why we cant get a clear prevision of the future: we cannot keep simple concepts that way and we abstract even the simplest aspects.

quick example: we (meh) get all excited about an automated car, hoping that soon cars will drive automatically and we (another meh) underline how the google team has made many miles with an automated car and a blind man was able to "drive" one; yet we don't know that the combustion engine that moves the majority of the world's car is more than a hundered years old and that the major development in the car industry has been made in that field - not in electronics or all the kinky stuff attention is focused on thesedays.
mechanics is the basics, but still... these hybrid electric cars improves the efficiency and performance when the consumption of fuel matters a lot these days making it more environment friendly, every field contributes... cars should not exist just with the help of mechanics

Iridion

Quote from: Pein on April 29, 2014, 06:13:14 PM

mechanics is the basics, but still... these hybrid electric cars improves the efficiency and performance when the consumption of fuel matters a lot these days making it more environment friendly, every field contributes... cars should not exist just with the help of mechanics
cars would not exist with the help of mechanics
thats not my point anyway

thats how we roll maddie

Pein

Quote from: Iridion on April 29, 2014, 06:25:30 PM
Quote from: Pein on April 29, 2014, 06:13:14 PM

cars would not exist with the help of mechanics
thats not my point anyway

most basically, it would exist with mechanics by carnot's theorem

Pokeh

people will always be retarded and kids will always drive drunk and underage. It's going to happen no matter what, and it still happens today.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-