May 09, 2024, 10:57:18 PMLatest Member: Wayken
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » Add back Race Mode

Add back Race Mode

Started by Cooky, June 30, 2013, 11:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooky

September 28, 2013, 09:56:26 PM #15 Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:58:54 PM by Cooky
Materger what the heck are you talking about no one is asking for any of those things

we just want it back the way it was before, or maybe have it so anyone can use the mode (not just me and staff).

This would involve simply bringing back what we had before,

the race room tag (no enemies, map gives no experience)
the default speed room tag (all bots have the same speed)
the @endgame command  (ends the game)

Materger

Quote from: Cooky on September 28, 2013, 09:56:26 PM
Materger what the heck are you talking about no one is asking for any of those things

we just want it back the way it was before, or maybe have it so anyone can use the mode (not just me and staff).

Yea, I know. It's pointless to have if it's not a real mode in my opinion. It's fun and all, but there isn't really any other reward for playing it. There's a reason it's no longer in the game.

squirtle! squirtle! 

-EGK-

123bomb123

what materger is saying is that if it was to be reimplemented it would need update so it doesn't look sloppily done and unprofessional. Raid, survival and story - although ezr to make than a point system - all look complete and don't have things such as commands to end their game. why would a company want to have 4 professional game modes and one incomplete? It could be later on but maybe when Allie and Santa have time to do it. Like after the base update.
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

Cooky

Quote from: Materger on September 28, 2013, 10:00:41 PM
Yea, I know. It's pointless to have if it's not a real mode in my opinion. It's fun and all, but there isn't really any other reward for playing it. There's a reason it's no longer in the game.

There is a reward and that's the daily events and prizes I will be giving out, getting to see yourself on youtube winning the race, trying to reach #1 on the standings, and maybe even get accepted into my guild. The community involvement will be huge and it will change Bout Cheetah for the better.

Materger

Quote from: Cooky on September 28, 2013, 10:06:35 PM
Quote from: Materger on September 28, 2013, 10:00:41 PM

There is a reward and that's the daily events and prizes I will be giving out, getting to see yourself on youtube winning the race, trying to reach #1 on the standings, and maybe even get accepted into my guild. The community involvement will be huge and it will change Bout Cheetah for the better.

This sounds more like a personal mode for your events if it brought back into the game. Like Z said "why would a company want to have 4 professional game modes and one incomplete?" If race mode comes back it should be back as a real completed game mode.

squirtle! squirtle! 

-EGK-

Madprox

Quote from: Materger on September 28, 2013, 10:12:29 PM
"why would a company want to have 4 professional game modes and one incomplete?"

Cooky,
Z and Materger have a point.
I must agree with this.
Don't get me wrong, I have always loved your race games, and you were a fine host.
But maybe you should take the past with you, as a memory, and let the future be for what it will be,
which may be a new kind of race mode, completely integrated in the game.
Then ask yourself: Would you be sad because it's nothing personal to you, or would you be happy and proud that you invented this and is now a main part of the game?

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Cooky

This sounds more like a personal mode for your events if it brought back into the game. Like Z said "why would a company want to have 4 professional game modes and one incomplete?" If race mode comes back it should be back as a real completed game mode.

First of all its even a 'mode' it just happens to be called 'race mode'. It was originally just a room tag. Do we need to make every room tag a separate mode by your logic? no that's ridiculous. It doesn't need to be a 'real completed game mode' at all. Its just a room tag.

Quote from: Madprox on September 28, 2013, 10:16:23 PM
Cooky,
I must agree with this.
Don't get me wrong, I have always loved your race games, and you were a fine host.
But maybe you should take the past with you, as a memory, and let the future be for what it will be,
Then ask yourself: Would you be sad because it's nothing personal to you, or would you be happy and proud that you invented this and is now a main part of the game?

No. Neither. If you guys start asking for some whole new game mode with new maps and official stuff its never ever going to be added, ever

For months I have begged Allie to add just the simple room tag back and she says she wont unless it gets more support

Those of you in favor of race mode but are saying it needs to be official and get new maps and official stuff, you are just eliminating the chances of Allie ever adding any sort of race mode at all.

Race mode was something great that hundreds of players enjoyed, it never got any complaints. No one cared if its not an official mode, its fun and exciting, and a change of pace from normal sector mode/pvp/base. People whisper me all the time asking when I am doing the next race. It pains me to see this. Bring back race mode the way it was before and this game will be even better.

Materger

September 28, 2013, 11:00:32 PM #22 Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 11:05:26 PM by Materger
Quote from: Cooky on September 28, 2013, 10:27:16 PM

First of all its even a 'mode' it just happens to be called 'race mode'. It was originally just a room tag. Do we need to make every room tag a separate mode by your logic? no that's ridiculous. It doesn't need to be a 'real completed game mode' at all. Its just a room tag.

Quote from: Madprox on September 28, 2013, 10:16:23 PM
Cooky,
I must agree with this.

No. Neither. If you guys start asking for some whole new game mode with new maps and official stuff its never ever going to be added, ever

For months I have begged Allie to add just the simple room tag back and she says she wont unless it gets more support

Those of you in favor of race mode but are saying it needs to be official and get new maps and official stuff, you are just eliminating the chances of Allie ever adding any sort of race mode at all.

Race mode was something great that hundreds of players enjoyed, it never got any complaints. No one cared if its not an official mode, its fun and exciting, and a change of pace from normal sector mode/pvp/base. People whisper me all the time asking when I am doing the next race. It pains me to see this. Bring back race mode the way it was before and this game will be even better.

Cooky-"First of all its even a 'mode' it just happens to be called 'race mode'. It was originally just a room tag. Do we need to make every room tag a separate mode by your logic? no that's ridiculous. It doesn't need to be a 'real completed game mode' at all. Its just a room tag."

That just opens a gateway for all players to have the right to have their own game tag. I never said you had to make every room tag a mode. I think a race tag would be insignificant and pointless. If a whole new mode was made for "race mode" then it will have some value. The tag only allowed you to run around an empty room and end it after you ran the route set by the host which was you.If you want to continue the fantasy of it being a race mode you could play in Hoverbyte City in pvp since there's no mobs and ask players not to kill each other and at the end maybe everyone can suicide. There's many other maps in pvp, enjoy.

squirtle! squirtle! 

-EGK-

Cooky

Quote from: Materger on September 28, 2013, 11:00:32 PM
That just opens a gateway for all players to have the right to have their own game tag.

What? Race Mode was never 'my own game tag'. It was added for all staff to use.

Quote from: Materger on September 28, 2013, 11:00:32 PM
I never said you had to make every room tag a mode. I think a race tag would be insignificant and pointless. If a whole new mode was made for "race mode" then it will have some value.

I pitched the idea to Kenny, he added it for me because I was going to be doing my race event and it was going to make things a lot easier. Not every persons event is deserving of their own room tag but Kenny and Allie saw that mine was something special and added it. In fact, before the interface update Allie had planned to make the race mode tag official and release it as a members only feature. It got removed for some reason, and I and others have been asking for it back ever since. I am constantly whispered asking about it. When is the next race Cooky? Why no more races? Me and my race event helped bring the community together and added a nice fun thing people could do besides the usual stuff most players have been doing since BOTS. Doesn't sound very insignificant to me.

Quote from: Materger on September 28, 2013, 11:00:32 PMIf you want to continue the fantasy of it being a race mode you could play in Hoverbyte City in pvp since there's no mobs and ask players not to kill each other and at the end maybe everyone can suicide. There's many other maps in pvp, enjoy.

That is a pathetic alternative. There are no PvP maps with good tracks, people would hit eachother, and most importantly, in PvP you cant run through players, you bump into them. That makes it no fun and nearly impossible to catch someone from behind who knows what they're doing.

ghostkid17

Quote from: Cooky on September 29, 2013, 03:14:46 AM
in PvP you cant run through players, you bump into them. That makes it no fun and nearly impossible to catch someone from behind who knows what they're doing.
Make it a team room, with inf hp. all of racers on one team and you on the other.
-Oreos-
Quote from: Materger
I am now an Oreos fan!
Quote from: Allie
Oreos was a failed project.

Cooky

Quote from: ghostkid17 on September 29, 2013, 03:18:54 AM
Quote from: Cooky on September 29, 2013, 03:14:46 AM
in PvP you cant run through players, you bump into them. That makes it no fun and nearly impossible to catch someone from behind who knows what they're doing.
Make it a team room, with inf hp. all of racers on one team and you on the other.
HP is not the problem. Getting knocked down is. Plus I participate in a lot of the races too.

hur9

Allie

I think you're too self-absorbed in desiring it to be an official, public game.
If you wanted to do it to help the community, you can create your own alternative.
You played race mode before it was an official tag. You can do it now that its not anymore.

If you want an ez race, do what someone else in thread said. Team mode with one person on the opposite team.
Use tags in order to set everyones speed the same, and since everyones on the same team noone will be knocked down. Every game needs someone out of the game to determine the winner, so there's absolutely no issue with this except your downright self-absorbed, self-proclaimed right for us to take time out of our updates to give you something that you can create yourself.

Take this as a huge slap to your character and ego and start playing race mode if you want to. It's not coming back as an official game mode anytime soon. It is up to you to keep it alive, not us.

Cooky

Quote from: Allie on September 29, 2013, 09:22:19 PM
You played race mode before it was an official tag. You can do it now that its not anymore.

Nope. You will find the first race ever recorded had the race tag in effect, go back and check the thread.

http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php?topic=28358.0

Yes you can do races in pvp mode but there are literally no good levels at all for races, so you really cant. The only decent one is power gen but that's it. No one wants to do the same one over and over. Plus, I would not be able to watch the races and change camera during the race to monitor all players and make sure there is no cheating. With the 'all go on 1 team and me alone on the other team' idea, I am stuck in the normal camera mode, and if I suicide the game ends. Also, as I stated on steam, I would prefer the current updates be finished before race mode were to be added.

Madprox

Quote from: Cooky on September 29, 2013, 09:32:47 PM
No one wants to do the same one over and over.

So you're expecting Allie to consistantly make new maps so your racers might not get bored?

There's 21 maps in PVP.
Be creative.

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-