May 09, 2024, 07:28:25 PMLatest Member: Lamarceday
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » New Item - Admin Verified Seller Badge

New Item - Admin Verified Seller Badge

Started by Cooky, December 30, 2013, 05:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostkid17

if they're untradeable, how are they going to show the badge.
-Oreos-
Quote from: Materger
I am now an Oreos fan!
Quote from: Allie
Oreos was a failed project.

Purple

Quote from: JustRK on December 30, 2013, 06:40:50 PM
(click to show/hide)

In response to #1:

Chances are people won't be selling for a month+.

Most people sell zc / membership when they get the extra money to do so / feel like doing it, and then stop until that time comes up again.

I probably sell at least once a month, but I don't constantly sell throughout a month.

^**** im special xd

Reviax

Or we could just use my suggestion which has supposedly been suggested dozens of times yet not implemented.
http://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php?topic=46839.0

Purple

Quote from: Reviax on December 30, 2013, 07:14:42 PM
Or we could just use my suggestion which has supposedly been suggested dozens of times yet not implemented.

Then people can accidentally sell memberships to the shop...

^**** im special xd

Allie

Quote from: Purple on December 30, 2013, 07:16:12 PM

Unless we disabled selling said item to shop.

Purple

Quote from: Allie on December 30, 2013, 07:19:48 PM
Quote from: Purple on December 30, 2013, 07:16:12 PM

Unless we disabled selling said item to shop.

ok here's my opinion on it:

Will cut into profits made by membership sellers. As a membership seller you can change your price based on demand, i've sold membership for 2-2.5x the normal rate, just because of how badly a couple people needed it. Changing it into an item that can be put into the marketplace will ruin that.

pls don't

^**** im special xd

Godz

qolderman

IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

Rossbach

I'm surprised you're having difficulty finding the answer to your questions with the answers right above it.

1) how does forgetting you are verified matter? Speaking in current context (where there is no colored name or badge) It's just to currently refer buyers to active sellers.  Why put 12 verified people on a list if 10 of them will say "no I'm not selling right now"? That would just piss off the buyer and make them waste their time thinking we have an outdated list. If a seller that was previously verified becomes active again they can ask to be put back on.

2) You asked how will the color work? which is why I stated it should only be in the trade screen only because even staff who have different colored text in the lobby....have black text in the trade?

3) I also said people would lose their text / verified status if they scammed or their account was hacked or sold. That's after going through the verification process, who is going to spend that much real money to get colored text and find someone dumb enough to get massively scammed just so that they can be banned?

4) He's referring to the verified sellers list for membership and zc that tricky made soooo did you miss the memo? That's why we're only talking about said subject.

btw all of what I just said is not new info  ::)

"1) how does forgetting you are verified matter? Speaking in current context (where there is no colored name or badge) It's just to currently refer buyers to active sellers.  Why put 12 verified people on a list if 10 of them will say "no I'm not selling right now"? That would just piss off the buyer and make them waste their time thinking we have an outdated list. If a seller that was previously verified becomes active again they can ask to be put back on."

"1) how does forgetting you are verified matter? "

Da fk... Sounds bad.

"how does forgetting you are verified matter?"

Need to edit this;

"how does forgetting that you are verified matter?"

Bit better, needs something else.

"Why does forgetting that you are verified matter?"

Thar we go, good enough.

Anyways Ross is gonna assume that is ur interpretation on what he asked.

"It's just to currently refer buyers to active sellers. "

Not it is not, it is currently used to state that the person is trustworthy.

Now then, it seems you are confused here.

Ross' post was not so much about this current list, this topic is about suggesting a new and better way to prove that a person is trustworthy verified seller by giving them a badge / color. Posts suggesting only about changing the old list is off topic. Ross took the post of you suggesting:

Quote from: JustRK on December 30, 2013, 05:18:21 PM
as the person who currently checks this stuff.  The person has to be using a verified pay pal and has to have several transactions already.

Instead of having a badge, it would just be easier if while in the trade their name was a different color and no where else.
Then we could easily change someones name color or what ever when we choose to remove them.

This would also be timed, you will lose this text color or badge when:
3 months has passed without a single sale
you have scammed someone
you have sold your account or it has been compromised

Now if we look at this post you stated in it:

"This would also be timed, you will lose this text color or badge when:
3 months has passed without a single sale"

So firstly you said you would lose the text color and badge after 3 months. Ok so far nothing about a list... This is about the potential in-game update, in which case you suggested they lose their color after 3 months.

Now Ross did not care for that, it was your response to Purple on his response on why time matters, your reason was:

Quote from: JustRK on December 30, 2013, 05:28:25 PM
Quote from: Purple on December 30, 2013, 05:20:11 PM
Why put a time limit? I've been on the seller list ever since it was created it pretty much, no reason I should get removed after a certain amount of time.

Just an idea to keep the list fresh (even though it's just us two atm lel).  A lot of people forget they are on the list, so perhaps if they haven't made a single sale in 3 months we would at least require them to verify.

Or to be more specific:

A lot of people forget they are on the list, so perhaps if they haven't made a single sale in 3 months we would at least require them to verify.

This is what Ross was talking about.

And then you went and said this:

Speaking in current context (where there is no colored name or badge) .... bla bla bla

Really?

To be fair though the some blame goes on Asmit for bringing up the list. You were talking about in-game colors and removing them after x time, then Asmit went and sad that he never got kicked from he current list time wise. It was irrelevant reply, however it does server as an example on why should the players color get removed when Asmit never got removed from the current list. However they are 2 separate things.

Now then onto your reply;

A lot of people forget they are on the list, so perhaps if they haven't made a single sale in 3 months we would at least require them to verify.

It is funny because you fell for it. Despite you orignally talking about in-game color you then go onto this current list. Going by how you said "f they haven't made a single sale in 3 months we would at least require them to verify." And the fact that you suggestion said:

Ross can assume now that this "list" also is affected by those accepted and changed in-game color. Basically what this means is the color suggestion will be implemented, however there will also be a list on the forum. As they are based off the same time (3 months, and both result in getting removed from the list, and getting their color removed.)

Ah it is funny how messed up this is, because 1 person is posting something completely off-topic then the person who reply's thinks that off topic one is actually on topic and has to do what with they said.

Anyways now that is all cleared. Now onto my question:

Ross is assuming that you now realize he is talking about in-game color and not the list, however if you really care Ross can also act like there is both a list and in-game colors.

"1) It's just to currently refer buyers to active sellers.  Speaking in current context (where there is no colored name or badge)

You rly fked this up now, as your simply talking about the current list. Oh well Ross will just go with ur list thing and then incorporate this list to people with colors.

No it does not. It shows those are are trustworthy to sell ties to, not active sellers. Same as if they have the color in-game

Why put 12 verified people on a list if 10 of them will say "no I'm not selling right now"? That would just piss off the buyer and make them waste their time thinking we have an outdated list. If a seller that was previously verified becomes active again they can ask to be put back on."

Firstly, it is not a "buyer," as they never bought anything, it was however a potential buyer. Anyways what ur saying is people will get pissed if a person of the verified list declines to sell something at that time... What if they ask that buyer 1 day after they just sold something and they are short on cash, so they say they won't sell anything to them atm. Then 1 month later goes and sells again. Just because a potential buyers gets rejected does not indicate that person is inactive or that this list is out dated. Plus what in ur mind thinks that the verified seller will be selling 24/7 and never decline a potential buyer. What makes that buyer go "Oh he is not selling anything today, that damn list is outdated." Unlike what you think, that this current list is "just to currently refer buyers to active sellers." Is not true. It it to list those who are trustworthy.

Come on first it goes from 3 months to declining to sell something at that certain time despite the time diff of the last sale? WOW.

Wait... Hold on, You still reading this RK? Why is this so off-topic of the original question? Ross can understand this answer if Ross asked "Why would u remove a player for being inactive." However Ross never asked that question.... Purple may have but Ross never did.

Here is Ross' question in your terms.

Where did Ross say anything about them getting kicked for inactivity? Ross was simply asking on why would it affect anything at all if this verified seller forgot that he is a verified seller? Thx for not answering Ross' question and answering something completely irrelevant that Ross never even asked.

Please answer:

Not:

"Why would u remove a player for being inactive."

As Ross has already brought up:

Quote from: Purple on December 30, 2013, 05:20:11 PM
Why put a time limit? I've been on the seller list ever since it was created it pretty much, no reason I should get removed after a certain amount of time.

Just an idea to keep the list fresh (even though it's just us two atm lel).  A lot of people forget they are on the list, so perhaps if they haven't made a single sale in 3 months we would at least require them to verify.

Or to be more specific:

2) You asked how will the color work? which is why I stated it should only be in the trade screen only because even staff who have different colored text in the lobby....have black text in the trade?

Why did You bring that up again? Ross already said ok to it. In fact here it is:

Quote from: Rossbach on December 30, 2013, 06:17:03 PM
*completely ignores Ross' first question on how foretasting ur verified even matter.* Answers question #1..."

here was #1:

(click to show/hide)

In which case, yes you answered before, Ross told you that, why are you bringing it up still?

3) I also said people would lose their text / verified status if they scammed or their account was hacked or sold. That's after going through the verification process, who is going to spend that much real money to get colored text and find someone dumb enough to get massively scammed just so that they can be banned?

So? Just saying it can happen. Don't see why you had to go restate they they would lose their text / verified status. Ross was simply stating that **** happens and that this verified list can backfire.  ::)

4) He's referring to the verified sellers list for membership and zc that tricky made soooo did you miss the memo? That's why we're only talking about said subject.

No, you are not ONLY talking about he original post that tricky made.

This was the original post"

as the person who currently checks this stuff.  The person has to be using a verified pay pal and has to have several transactions already.

Instead of having a badge, it would just be easier if while in the trade their name was a different color and no where else.
Then we could easily change someones name color or what ever when we choose to remove them.

you have scammed someone
you have sold your account or it has been compromised

"This would also be timed, you will lose this text color or badge when:"

Right here it says text color or badge, which is talking about the suggestion, not about the list. You are not talking about ONLY the list.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Madprox

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Selene

Too much to read so I'm not sure if this has been said in the topic.

Membership item to be put in shop so it will prevent scammers?

Cooky

Quote from: Selene on December 30, 2013, 10:18:16 PM
Too much to read so I'm not sure if this has been said in the topic.

Membership item to be put in shop so it will prevent scammers?

that might work

Epic xD

...or you could make it appear in the lobby like the mod/admin crown

Quote from: KillerPig on June 24, 2011, 07:49:43 AM
I've been debating with myself about this for a long time now. No, I'm not leaving BC, but when I get back, I'll be asking the girl I've liked for a long time to go out with me. Wish me luck. Zomg I'm so excited.

Cooky

Quote from: Epic xD on December 31, 2013, 01:28:05 AM
...or you could make it appear in the lobby like the mod/admin crown

people could easily confuse them for staff...

mic99

different lobby name color on the lobby list

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-