May 13, 2024, 11:02:10 PMLatest Member: bsjbtp
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Updating my driver.

Updating my driver.

Started by FalseProphet, April 27, 2014, 10:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FalseProphet

Downloaded a game, says i need to update the driver on my computer. How do i go by doing that?. Steps i've tried so far are "holding windows+r" then searching "DxDiag" going to display to find out my driver which is ATI Radeon, all i need to do is update it to the latest version or least a better one at that?.

Graphics hardware: Radeon HD 2xxx Series PCIe, also apparently haven't updated it since 2006-7. Just the only issue that occurs because i haven't update it is that when playing the game once i got into a battle scene my screen will turn black and display a message just saying that there has been no activity from my computer.
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^ / FalseProphet

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

BlackStickre

Quote from: FalseProphet on April 27, 2014, 10:26:10 AM
Downloaded a game, says i need to update the driver on my computer. How do i go by doing that?. Steps i've tried so far are "holding windows+r" then searching "DxDiag" going to display to find out my driver which is ATI Radeon, all i need to do is update it to the latest version or least a better one at that?.

Graphics hardware: Radeon HD 2xxx Series PCIe, also apparently haven't updated it since 2006-7. Just the only issue that occurs because i haven't update it is that when playing the game once i got into a battle scene my screen will turn black and display a message just saying that there has been no activity from my computer.

Drivers are updated in Windows by using a driver update wizard from within Device Manager.
The driver update wizard walks you through the entire driver update process, making updating drivers a fairly painless task.

If you're running a 32-bit version of Windows, you must install 32-bit drivers. If you're running a 64-bit version of Windows, you must install 64-bit drivers.

Pein

FalseProphet

Quote from: BlackStickre on April 27, 2014, 10:28:06 AM

Drivers are updated in Windows by using a driver update wizard from within Device Manager.
The driver update wizard walks you through the entire driver update process, making updating drivers a fairly painless task.

If you're running a 32-bit version of Windows, you must install 32-bit drivers. If you're running a 64-bit version of Windows, you must install 64-bit drivers.

Says it's up too date. So not sure, why it says it's out-dated for..

Quote from: Pein on April 27, 2014, 10:33:07 AM
http://devicedoctor.com/

it will update ur device drivers for free

Looks dodgy af. lol, i rather go the legit way

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Eat4two

Graphics hardware: Radeon HD 2xxx Series

You should be able to find what you need on AMD's site.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

"Step 1: Integrated motherboard graphics"
"Step 2: Radeon 2xxx series"

FalseProphet

Quote from: Eat4two on April 27, 2014, 01:28:02 PM
Graphics hardware: Radeon HD 2xxx Series

You should be able to find what you need on AMD's site.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

"Step 1: Integrated motherboard graphics"
"Step 2: Radeon 2xxx series"

Finally someone who knew what i was doing ha, yeah don't worry managed to get round it now took me ages, had do clear up alot of stuff and un-install a few things, including a microsoft hotfix was is not needed really. Then downloaded the right one, and it didn't fully download but updated my driver now to 2013 so i'll settle with that for now. Better than 07 ha, thanks though.

Eat4two

Oh and just fyi, you can install AMD Catalyst Control Center which allows you to automatically check for driver updates. Nothing that's mandatory but it will save you some time when new drivers are available.

Pein

those driver updaters could easily update most of ur drivers

its the best for u assuming u dont know what u're doing

FalseProphet

Quote from: Eat4two on April 27, 2014, 02:13:17 PM
Oh and just fyi, you can install AMD Catalyst Control Center which allows you to automatically check for driver updates. Nothing that's mandatory but it will save you some time when new drivers are available.

Yeah, i did try to install it but kept failing. So i just gave up for now since i got what i wanted, and i'll look more into when i can be bothered.

Quote from: Pein on April 27, 2014, 02:56:18 PM
those driver updaters could easily update most of ur drivers

its the best for u assuming u dont know what u're doing

Well thanks anyway, but it's all sorted now anyway. Without having to use it :).

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-