May 22, 2024, 01:55:56 AMLatest Member: mtaletbwow
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » Starting package should be more plentiful

Starting package should be more plentiful

Started by JustRK, October 10, 2013, 03:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustRK

A new player currently starts with 500 gigas & 2 boza mercenaries. I can't even say that's the bare minimum because we're basically making new players completely dependent on leeching and hoping someone doesn't kick them out for being a noob (granted there are nice people).

I know there would be an issue of players farming giga's if the initial giga count was greater than 5k giga's. I think to alleviate this problem we could give starting players a promotional package that includes the following.

Stock level 1 set. & level 1 gun.
promotional coin set that lasts 1 day (untradeable to prevent farming) and accounts can only receive this once.
a free active / passive skill that lasts several games.

I think that's reasonable. It gives them an emphasis on self reliance and gives them a limited taste of what can be purchased (similar to the style of other popular games).

I know staff is busy, just throwing this out there. I've noticed this problem when I showed my friends my trailer, they later on went to try the game and came back to me saying wtf I'm broke and no one was on to help me so I quit.

Madprox

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

opuiq3

^yw allie

Purple

October 10, 2013, 03:56:02 PM #3 Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:58:32 PM by Purple
Even though I like the idea, I feel like it's a bad attempt at finding a solution for the problem.

The problem is players basically have to leech to level up. The exp scaling per level needs to be fixed, but I doubt the Admins are willing to put the time into fixing it.

^**** im special xd

JustRK

Quote from: Purple on October 10, 2013, 03:56:02 PM
Even though I like the idea, I feel like it's a stupid attempt at finding a solution for the problem.

The problem is players basically have to leech to level up. The exp scaling per level needs to be fixed, but I doubt the Admins are willing to put the time into fixing it.

I agree, but this is at least a small patch to a big wound. This would give new players at least some functionality instead of being dead weight. The exp scaling isn't too bad if we allow beginners to play the lower levels themselves because they will level after their first game and subsequent games following.

Leeching will always be around, but if we can at least allow some beginners to rise from giving them the tools to become skilled on their own, we'll at least have accomplished something. I'm aware many of them will still be enticed to leech because the majority of our community is populated by hardened veterans who are willing to allow them to.

Purple

Quote from: JustRK on October 10, 2013, 04:01:04 PM
Quote from: Purple on October 10, 2013, 03:56:02 PM
Even though I like the idea, I feel like it's a stupid attempt at finding a solution for the problem.

I agree, but this is at least a small patch to a big wound. This would give new players at least some functionality instead of being dead weight. The exp scaling isn't too bad if we allow beginners to play the lower levels themselves because they will level after their first game and subsequent games following.

Leeching will always be around, but if we can at least allow some beginners to rise from giving them the tools to become skilled on their own, we'll at least have accomplished something. I'm aware many of them will still be enticed to leech because the majority of our community is populated by hardened veterans who are willing to allow them to.

You're wrong about the level scaling. I found going from 217ish-221 to be some of the easiest leveling i've ever done, yet level 1-50 bored the hell out of me making it impossible for me to do.

Pretty sure some of the starting maps give the same exp for about 5-7 maps in a row, I found that out when making my exp chart for the maps, though I can't seem to find it by using the forum's search function i'm pretty sure the information is still accurate. I never completed it because leveling was just too boring / time consuming, especially since the only reward you're getting is exp. All the gigas / items / coins you get from leveling adds up to nothing compared to grinding at the level cap.

^**** im special xd

Rebuck

Allie

I agree.
This'll roll out in a couple patches when I release something I recently started working on.

JustRK

October 10, 2013, 04:23:13 PM #8 Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 04:27:02 PM by JustRK
Quote from: Purple on October 10, 2013, 04:10:15 PM

You're wrong about the level scaling. I found going from 217ish-221 to be some of the easiest leveling i've ever done, yet level 1-50 bored the hell out of me making it impossible for me to do.

Pretty sure some of the starting maps give the same exp for about 5-7 maps in a row, I found that out when making my exp chart for the maps, though I can't seem to find it by using the forum's search function i'm pretty sure the information is still accurate. I never completed it because leveling was just too boring / time consuming, especially since the only reward you're getting is exp. All the gigas / items / coins you get from leveling adds up to nothing compared to grinding at the level cap.

The variance in exp received in the lower levels should be buffed up a little I do agree, but I've had the courtesy of assisting my friends through this and upon realizing this, I made a new character the other day and that's really how I came up with this suggestion. Like I said it's a start and what you've pointed out is the bigger picture in the grand scheme of things.

Ideally (which is a 50/50 type deal). The fact that the promotional items would last 1-3 days or only several games would give them a sense of urgency to familiarize themselves with the game and move on to higher levels with their obtained in game experience.

Quote from: Allie on October 10, 2013, 04:20:39 PM
I agree.
This'll roll out in a couple patches when I release something I recently started working on.

Woo go Allie  ;D

Bombz

Madprox

Quote from: JustRK on October 10, 2013, 04:23:13 PM
Quote from: Allie on October 10, 2013, 04:20:39 PM
I agree.

Woo go Allie  ;D

Glad to see someone cheer for us, rather than always complaining.  ;)

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Selene

Idea: When you make an account and choose your Bot type, you'll get the parts of the Bot type you have chosen in a box called "starter BOT".
Items come with it:

Level 1 parts; head, body, arms, shield, arm part.
Gun (level 1)
Random wing (1 day)
Random flags (1 day)
Coin head (1 day)
Lucky E.F (1 day)
10k Gigas
Random gift

CyberSox

Quote from: Selene on October 10, 2013, 04:43:13 PM
Idea: When you make an account and choose your Bot type, you'll get the parts of the Bot type you have chosen in a box called "starter BOT".
Items come with it:

Gun (level 1)
Random wing (1 day)
Random flags (1 day)
Coin head (1 day)
Lucky E.F (1 day)
10k Gigas
Random gift

Disagree with random gift. Implies that there is a rare chance to actually get something good, meaning people might farm it. Another idea is to limit the gift box to once per account, so even if bot is remade they don't get a second

Socks.

JustRK

Items come with it:
Gun (level 1)
Random wing (1 day)
Random flags (1 day)
Coin head (1 day)
Lucky E.F (1 day)
10k Gigas
Random gift

That's basically an in depth explanation of my idea. 10k gigs would cause poor players to continuously create and gift off the currency imho though. So everything minus that, we can keep that at 500-1000 and make them earn it since they accumulate at a moderate pace through game play and random donations. On top of what sox said unless clarified

Purple

Quote from: JustRK on October 10, 2013, 04:51:49 PM
Items come with it:
Gun (level 1)
Random wing (1 day)
Random flags (1 day)
Coin head (1 day)
Lucky E.F (1 day)
10k Gigas
Random gift

That's basically an in depth explanation of my idea. 10k gigs would cause poor players to continuously create and gift off the currency imho though. So everything minus that, we can keep that at 500-1000 and make them earn it since they accumulate at a moderate pace through game play and random donations. On top of what sox said unless clarified

Nobody would farm 10k gigas, you get so much more than that from one round of 172.

^**** im special xd

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-