May 05, 2024, 06:43:58 PMLatest Member: WilliamJoymn
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » GFX » Music is my life (Rate & CnC)

Music is my life (Rate & CnC)

Started by 5thnbg, September 09, 2011, 07:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5thnbg

^^
Friday morning, 3 hours of spare time , 2 cans of Cola , GIMP and some imagination. Dont be rude pliz xD

mo9

ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

mhj

|More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.|

mo9

imo doesnt matter which program he used they both do the same things
i cant really cnc this cause its ... iunno
try following tutorials ...

vv secks box

mhj

Quote from: mo9 on September 09, 2011, 10:11:10 AM

There is a huge difrence from PS to GIMP, PS can do way more things than GIMP... GIMP might have something that PS doesn't. But PS has 100's of things that GIMP doesn't have.
In my opinion it's way harder to make a good signature with GIMP than with PS.

mo9

/lazy to argue
*waits for allie to come and say that gimp is better*

vv secks box

mhj

Quote from: mo9 on September 09, 2011, 10:19:11 AM
/lazy to argue

Yeah, I bet she will do her best to say GIMP is better and she will find this thread :O.

5thnbg

September 09, 2011, 10:34:15 AM #7 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:36:31 AM by 5thnbg
Quote from: mo9 on September 09, 2011, 09:46:44 AM
messy.

Its not that messy..the background sucked..>_> and i also added some c4d in it ...and i kinda over use the colorize thing on the background. And dude...GIMP has 21 MB and PS has like 2GB..And PS has way much more things to work with than gimp..And it is supposed to be messy...You find heavy rock and electric guitars relaxing?
@mhj Thanks for the support.

mo9

wasnt really trying to be mean , i repeat try following some tuts....

vv secks box

5thnbg

Quote from: mo9 on September 09, 2011, 10:41:51 AM
  wasnt really trying to be mean , i repeat try following some tuts....

Wanted to be original xD
And anyway its my first sig i posted on this forum so far.

Yz

lol back when i was considered best gfxer on BC i made like 90% of my sigs with gimp, its a so much more.. down to earth program :P photoshop isn't as limited, true, but eh.. doesn't mean you'll be better with photoshop

i like the sig, but the background IS a bit messy. you did some creative stuff : D
DISCORD killyzkill

5thnbg

Quote from: Tricky on September 09, 2011, 12:12:36 PM
lol back when i was considered best gfxer on BC i made like 90% of my sigs with gimp, its a so much more.. down to earth program :P photoshop isn't as limited, true, but eh.. doesn't mean you'll be better with photoshop

i like the sig, but the background IS a bit messy. you did some creative stuff : D
Thank you..The BG was at first a bit blury and kinda LQ and i had to do smthing on that .

Allie

Quote from: mhj on September 09, 2011, 10:15:36 AM
Quote from: mo9 on September 09, 2011, 10:11:10 AM

There is a huge difrence from PS to GIMP, PS can do way more things than GIMP... GIMP might have something that PS doesn't. But PS has 100's of things that GIMP doesn't have.
In my opinion it's way harder to make a good signature with GIMP than with PS.

You're a ****ing retard and I'm sure you only say that because you qq'd trying to get photoshop and was so happy when your friend finally showed you how to crack it.
Photoshop has various options that GIMP does not have -> nearly every single one of these options can be recreated in GIMP, aside from some rendering filters, which doesn't make too much of a difference in a long run as an expert GFXer uses ext renders and c4ds anyway.
GIMP has various options that photoshop does not have -> and photoshop can't recreate them. GIMP has just as many if not more options if you choose to browse them (ie, I'll bet you've never even dared click gimpressionist in the gimp filters, being the stubborn asshole that you are).

tl;dr - GIMP is just as good as photoshop, just free. People only believe photoshop is better cause it actually costs to use. It is an un-user friendly piece of shit that's more trouble than it's worth, but worth learning in the long run if you have enough free time.

grant748

Allie

It is customary and traditional for a "professional" to use the "top notch" software -- as previously mentioned, people have a retarded tendency to find photoshop "top notch" because you must buy it, whereas GIMP is free, therefore it must suck.

asmit10

Gimp > PS Now I think we should get back on topic.
Quote from: cybercjt on May 27, 2012, 02:27:31 PM
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh
The internet is a great place to grow up. Just make sure you keep growing.

Meta

Quote from: asmit10 on September 09, 2011, 10:13:07 PM

The reason why this thread went off topic is because of "GIMP > PS", idiot.

imo, GIMP and PS are equal because if you use it to make sigs, it's the same thing.

On topic: you've done better than this, and honestly, no over reacting, but I got a headache from looking at the sig and seeing what was going on.

Problem is that idk if there's a render. If there is, its hard to see.
It's messy so its hard to see whats going on or where I'm supposed to look at the most, since the sig is as wild as a tropical forest.
The text placement is bad, but I like the idea of it.
It also looks like you over dodge certain parts (example, the white jelly lookin thing)
You have done SO MUCH better than this.

Hope nothing offended you D;

5thnbg

September 10, 2011, 06:02:42 AM #17 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 06:04:31 AM by 5thnbg
Quote from: Meta on September 09, 2011, 10:48:19 PM
Quote from: asmit10 on September 09, 2011, 10:13:07 PM

The reason why this thread went off topic is because of "GIMP > PS", idiot.

imo, GIMP and PS are equal because if you use it to make sigs, it's the same thing.

On topic: you've done better than this, and honestly, no over reacting, but I got a headache from looking at the sig and seeing what was going on.

Problem is that idk if there's a render. If there is, its hard to see.
It's messy so its hard to see whats going on or where I'm supposed to look at the most, since the sig is as wild as a tropical forest.
The text placement is bad, but I like the idea of it.
It also looks like you over dodge certain parts (example, the white jelly lookin thing)
You have done SO MUCH better than this.

Hope nothing offended you D;

Thats a very constructive piece of advice. Thanks bro.
The render is that guy playing the guitar. And at first i wanted to try a simple BG (just a color) than i thought it will suck and i added that shity bg.

antisickness

September 10, 2011, 06:48:40 AM #18 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 07:05:09 AM by antisickness
Is that... some sort of render I can see?...
The shape on the left gets the attention first whilst the render is hidden.
You want to show cast the render.

I'll have a go at gimp and see what it's like :P

~Gimp is a bloody nightmare and I'll never use it again.

Iridion

September 10, 2011, 07:18:31 AM #19 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 07:20:26 AM by Iridion
such render wasted for such ****

"that guy"?

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

mo9

Quote from: antisickness on September 10, 2011, 06:48:40 AM
~Gimp is a bloody nightmare and I'll never use it again.
lol'd so hard
gimp is chill u dunno how to use it

Quote from: mo9 on September 09, 2011, 10:19:11 AM
/lazy to argue

^^ just happened lol and btw all filters on photoshop could be downloaded for gimp and vise verca so imo its a matter of which one ur used to and which one u preffer

vv secks box

5thnbg

Owkay any other opinions? I saw that this topic kinda went off due to the discussion on Gimp vs PS.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-