May 03, 2024, 06:30:13 PMLatest Member: soaka455
BoutCheetah » Forum » Zylon Gaming » BC Events » Call to GFXers -- Looking for a new Launcher -- 50USD Reward

Call to GFXers -- Looking for a new Launcher -- 50USD Reward

Started by Allie, March 05, 2012, 02:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie

Us at Zylon Gaming, as some of you may or may not know, have been working hard on a new launcher that we coded from scratch to replace our current launcher. Our only problem? We have no images for it!

This is where you guys come in. We are looking for ANY GFXer who is capable of creating professional images to add to our launcher. We are so eager to get these images that we're even offering real money (or permanent membership) as a reward!*

The images we are looking for is a full set. Please refer to the below templates to understand.

In this image, we are looking for an image...
  • 615x80 in lengthxwidth pixels in the red section
  • 600x300 in lengthxwidth pixels in the green section
  • 615x165 in lengthxwidth pixels in the blue section
  • 125x50 in lengthxwidth pixels in the pink/purple sections (buttons)
  • Remember that the text color can be changed, but it must be recognizable through the background image (if a background image is used)

In addition to this, we are looking for the interface for the Settings interface...

• 260x180 in lengthxwidth pixels in the red section
  • 70x20 in lengthxwidth pixels in the purple, orange and blue section (buttons)
  • Remember that the text color can be changed, but it must be recognizable through the background image (if a background image is used)

Any questions can be handled by myself or Admin Santa primarily through use of MSN or Private Message. You may also reply to this topic and us Administrators (and other players in the community) will try our best to resolve your question.

Good luck guys, and thanks in advance to those of you who decide to help!

*Reward goes to the best (in the eyes of the Administrators and staff of Zylon Gaming) Launcher design given. Design must include a fully designed Launcher using the specifications we have provided you.
The first place reward will be one of two options chosen by the winner -- permanent membership on one of the winner's Zylon Gaming accounts, or $50 USD.
The second place reward will be one of two options chosen by the winner -- one year membership on one of the winner's Zylon Gaming accounts, or $25 USD.
The third place reward will be 3 months membership.
USD payment's are delivered by  the use of PayPal. We will not send it through the mail or give an online bank transfer.

Deadline: Friday, March 16

Rossbach

Well hopefully this will get people to actually help for this. Sucks about the slowness of this launcher as it searches all your files.

Omnomnom eating toast.

Allie

Quote from: Rossbach on March 05, 2012, 02:22:19 AM
Well hopefully this will get people to actually help for this. Sucks about the slowness of this launcher as it searches all your files.

It's actually a very fast process. Assuming that would be unrealistic; the GunZ launcher (Expodite launcher) does the same.

Rossbach

Quote from: Allie on March 05, 2012, 02:24:02 AM
Quote from: Rossbach on March 05, 2012, 02:22:19 AM

It's actually a very fast process. Assuming that would be unrealistic; the GunZ launcher (Expodite launcher) does the same.

Ross just did both at same time. He opened GunZ launcher after and it finished while the BC launcher was still downloading ./patch.ini...

*After opening and closing a few times it started going faster.* Thought it would fix that after the first 1 / 2 times.

Back to slow again. Fast again, oh well.

Omnomnom eating toast.

Allie

I don't get what you're referring to. The new patcher will use a new patching method -- it will only take time the first time as it converts your version.ini to the new version. After that, it should go by pretty quickly.

Rossbach

Quote from: Allie on March 05, 2012, 02:37:40 AM
I don't get what you're referring to. The new patcher will use a new patching method -- it will only take time the first time as it converts your version.ini to the new version. After that, it should go by pretty quickly.
Ross just saying what happens, and how slow it is when he opens up the new launcher. Thus referring to the launcher. Might just be because of the one Ross is using.

Omnomnom eating toast.

Santa

Quote from: Rossbach on March 05, 2012, 02:55:37 AM
Ross just saying what happens, and how slow it is when he opens up the new launcher. Thus referring to the launcher. Might just be because of the one Ross is using.

you have the outdated version.  once the official version is released, it will be as quick as a speeding bullet.

Rossbach

Quote from: Santa on March 05, 2012, 03:03:39 AM
Quote from: Rossbach on March 05, 2012, 02:55:37 AM

you have the outdated version.  once the official version is released, it will be as quick as a speeding bullet.

Woo.

Omnomnom eating toast.

sasuke6548

mine doesn't even load its just already done when i open the client

Rossbach

Quote from: sasuke6548 on March 05, 2012, 03:10:56 AM
mine doesn't even load its just already done when i open the client

You have the old launcher not the new one that you can see above.

Omnomnom eating toast.

mhj

|More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.|

Nefarious

When is the deadline and do we just PM our designs to you?

Allie

PM it to Allie or post it here.

The deadline is whenever we get a satisfactory design or decide no one is going to submit a satisfactory design.

Meteor

Started one a few hours ago and I already hate the outcome.

(click to show/hide)

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-