May 19, 2024, 07:18:48 PMLatest Member: RufusEmbob
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Feedback/Rants » do you agree with that warning?

do you agree with that warning?

Started by NeoKiller, November 15, 2012, 07:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yz

yes

the topic is based on the people who are getting reported and how they will be punished

you asked questions about how the staff would speak to lots of spammers at once
DISCORD killyzkill

cybercjt

well there is a rule in that section that if you are not goin to help just don't post at all.
Normal / Low
IGN: LT.Surge / Psycho_Patch
Level: 172 / 7
Guild: None / None

Thx to Pig for the Raichu sig. :D

Badass PvPer I guess so.. XD

NeoKiller

November 15, 2012, 07:54:00 AM #3 Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 08:09:47 AM by NeoKiller
Quote from: Yz on November 15, 2012, 07:49:36 AM
the topic is based on the people who are getting reported and how they will be punished
That's what my question was about.
I wanted to make sure they're going to be punished and asked if that's the case.

Where else would I post that quuestion?
Tell me a section that fits better for that question please.

Yz

Quote from: NeoKiller on November 15, 2012, 07:54:00 AM
I wanted to make sure they're going to punished and asked if that's the case.

Where else would I post that quuestion?
Tell me a section that fits better for that question please.

PM..? wow lol.
DISCORD killyzkill

NeoKiller

It wasn't only directed at Selene, but to all staff, she was just the one that posted in that thread.
I don't feel like sending a PM to every ingame staff member.

Quote from: NeoKiller on November 15, 2012, 07:54:00 AM
I wanted to make sure they're going to be punished and asked if that's the case.
Also according to your previous statement my post wasn't so off topic ::)

Energized

yo neo, ur not gonna get unwarned.
just face it dude

hawk5005

Well idk, maybe you were supposed to make a new topic?

Yz

i still see it as off-topic, i just ignored it because it's a matter of perspective

that's like one person gets reported for hacking and someone is like HOW DO PEOPLE HACK STILL? you're talking about hacking it's still off topic though

your question was asking and not contributing. it wasn't directed at selene but it could've indeed been a new thread, pretty much anywhere. "how do you deal with spammers" or something like that. it's too many possibilities for me to even type properly .-.

in summary: open eyes, use more buttons the forum gives you, acquire success

+1 hawk

i'll just repeat a point to make sure it's clear, you are supposed to contribute to report a rule breaker topics. i agree your warning was fair based on the rules of the section - whether the rules of the section are fair or not is another story. <that is probably what you should change your argument to being about
DISCORD killyzkill

NeoKiller

November 15, 2012, 08:02:36 AM #9 Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 08:09:26 AM by NeoKiller
Quote from: Energized on November 15, 2012, 08:00:22 AM
just face it dude
idc about a green dot that lasts for 3 days, i just want fairness on this forum.
also your post was totally off topic.
warn pls.

hawk5005

Quote from: NeoKiller on November 15, 2012, 08:02:36 AM
just face it dude
idc about a green dot that lasts for 3 days, i just want fairness on this forum.
warn pls.
Post was about your warning, this thread is about your warning.
Wat.

mo9

just face it dude
warn pls.
no it doesn't
i had mine for over a week
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

Yz

Quote from: hawk5005 on November 15, 2012, 08:04:12 AM
just face it dude
warn pls.
Post was about your warning, this thread is about your warning.
Wat.

neo went off the deep end of "i must rebel against the establishment" but in a unfunny, serious and butt-frustrated way >________>

green dots aren't automated, if a FM forgets to remove them, PM someone
DISCORD killyzkill

NeoKiller

November 15, 2012, 08:09:33 AM #13 Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 08:10:33 AM by NeoKiller
Quote from: Yz on November 15, 2012, 08:02:11 AM
i still see it as off-topic, i just ignored it because it's a matter of perspective

that's like one person gets reported for hacking and someone is like HOW DO PEOPLE HACK STILL? you're talking about hacking it's still off topic though

your question was asking and not contributing. it wasn't directed at selene but it could've indeed been a new thread, pretty much anywhere. "how do you deal with spammers" or something like that. it's too many possibilities for me to even type properly .-.

in summary: open eyes, use more buttons the forum gives you, acquire success

+1 hawk

i'll just repeat a point to make sure it's clear, you are supposed to contribute to report a rule breaker topics. i agree your warning was fair based on the rules of the section - whether the rules of the section are fair or not is another story. <that is probably what you should change your argument to being about
Ok I didn't contribute but my thread wasn't that off topic as well.
It was obvious I didn't intend going off topic and a verbal warning would have been enough maybe with an explanation what I did wrong.

I mean that's what warnings are for, right ?
To prevent a person breaking more rules in future.
However the better way is to explain what they did wrong when a staff member notices the person didn't understand, instead of warning him just to feel satisfied that he punished someone.

Yz

the report a rule breaker section is taken very seriously by some staff when it comes to off-topic. i guess they expect that everyone should have learned by now what the difference is between contributing and not contributing

that's not a shot at you btw, but that's how they must feel and it'd make sense if it was
DISCORD killyzkill

NeoKiller

November 15, 2012, 08:23:42 AM #15 Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 08:25:05 AM by NeoKiller
Quote from: Yz on November 15, 2012, 08:11:27 AM
the report a rule breaker section is taken very seriously by some staff
Way too serious.
Instant warnings, rlly ?
Quote from: Yz on November 15, 2012, 08:11:27 AM
i guess they expect that everyone should have learned by now

Imagine you talk to your neigbour in school and the teacher gives you the highest punishment without telling you to stop talking once.
I mean everyone knows that that talking during class isn't allowed, still teachers give some warnings first before punishing.

This is still a fkin gaming forum, not a high payed job.
Some staff members here should chill out a bit.

Selene

Actually the first time you went off-topic/spam in Report a Rule Breaker I pmed you with the link. So yes I did inform you and if you didn't look over it that's your fault.

"It's a fking game forum" I've seen other forums with more serious rules than this forum.

So many people went off-topic/spam so it was time to take action and set a rule and give a punishment if you went off-topic/spam. But some of you still don't understand and continue to ignore the new rule. I don't give a a shit if you don't follow the rule, I'll just give you a warning.

So Neo stop bitching about your warning, you know what you did to get it.

NeoKiller

November 15, 2012, 08:51:40 AM #17 Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 08:59:25 AM by NeoKiller
Quote from: Selene on November 15, 2012, 08:47:32 AM
I don't give a a shit if you don't follow the rule, I'll just give you a warning.
I understand, Head GM.
Sounds like you don't give a shit about the forum/game and just feel satisfied punishing people.
Glad that you care so much, really nice Head GM there.

Allie

Quote from: NeoKiller on November 15, 2012, 08:23:42 AM
Imagine you talk to your neigbour in school and the teacher gives you the highest punishment without telling you to stop talking once.

are u muted, cause i see a green dot called "Warned"?
#!&$ THE ESTABLISHMENT!

NeoKiller

Quote from: Allie on November 15, 2012, 09:01:19 AM
Quote from: NeoKiller on November 15, 2012, 08:23:42 AM

are u muted, cause i see a green dot called "Warned"?
#!&$ THE ESTABLISHMENT!
k you're right on that one.
Still I remember you muting me and skipping moderation.
Also you implied I flamed a staff member when all I did was a sexual joke.
Why did you just skip moderation, also you didn't remute me when I got unmuted 1 hour later.
I imply you recognized that you exaggerated ?

Cooky

I think the problem is that the reasoning for the warnings are not accurate. As it stands now, all of the warnings have been 'going off-topic/spam in a rulebreaker thread' yet, many of those posts were on topic, its just that they did not help.

For example, in my most recent thread Johnny said 'do you report everyone?' .. now considering I just reported a shit load of people I would consider that to be on topic. Also 123bomb123 made a comment about how many rulebreakers I was reported. I responded to Johnny and said 'I try'. Me, Johnny, and 123bomb123 were all warned for ' Going off-topic/spam in Report a Rule Breaker.' That I dont agree with at all.. we were all on topic.. its just we were violating this part of the new rulebreaker thread rules:

"Only people who should be posting is Forum Mods, GM's, In-Game Mods and people who "MAY" assist us with more information about the problem. "

So Selene, Zero, and whoever else has been giving the warnings, please correctly state the reasoning for the warning.

Allie

->bringing the past into this "do you agree with this specific warning, you know, the one I got like 2 minutes ago"

wasn't going to, but seriously just go away, your hate against the establishment is too much for poor old me to handle.
locked.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-