May 17, 2024, 05:06:07 AMLatest Member: divinggoose
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Report A Bug » Solved Bug Reports » Game launcher won't work :/

Game launcher won't work :/

Started by Thornz, September 26, 2012, 03:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thornz

Ok, I downloaded the game, with firewall turned off. When I started the launcher, it checked for updates and updated just fine. Then I pressed start and....NOTHING HAPPENS.  All I hear is the little noise of the start button. Nothing else happens. I tried repairing, but no good. It downloaded three more things, but it still didn't work. Any help for this??

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

Allie

The most likely cause of this is the "bout.dat" missing from your BoutCheetah folder.
I'd suggest verifying that it's there before hitting start.
If it's missing, this usually means an antivirus is wiping it before you even get a chance to run it (gotta hate those ****ers).

Thornz

Yeah, I have "bout.dat"  so it's something else that's wrong :/

Not pants

Santa

September 26, 2012, 02:44:22 PM #3 Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 02:44:34 PM by Allie
Hello, what anti-virus do you currently have installed on your computer?

Thornz

I'm pretty sure I have either Norton, or McAfee. But I'm also pretty sure it's turned off cause of another game that dislikes antivirus...
I can't check right this moment cause I'm away from my computer.

Not pants

Santa

It's fine.  It sounds like you may have it enabled though, if you could install Team Viewer (www.teamviewer.com), and PM me the ID/Pass when I am online, I should be able to track down the problem and resolve it for you quickly.

Thanks,
~RedEyes.

Thornz

When I press start, a Launcher Exceptions file gets created. Here's what it says:

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem
----------------------------------------------------
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at BoutCheetahLauncher.GUI.pictureBox1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Not pants

Santa

Hello, that usually means that your antivirus is removing it.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-