May 02, 2024, 06:25:44 PMLatest Member: ThomasAlefs
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » new staff names

new staff names

Started by Cooky, November 22, 2012, 01:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooky

November 22, 2012, 01:10:53 AM Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 01:44:57 AM by Selene
my idea is to put a symbol like an exclimation point in front of all staff members in-game name so that   a) they appear at the top of the userlist in the lobby  which makes it easy to see if any staff are online  b) you will see them all grouped together instead of having to look for Admins, GMs, and then mods as you scroll down the list this would be helpful for all players and i see a lot of people ask `is there any staff online?` now u can just see at a glance right when you are in the lobby

MagicXR

Selene

Cooky

sorry i ment admins not adins (i cant edit posts on my phone)

Selene

Quote from: Cooky on November 22, 2012, 01:19:01 AM
Want me to fix it for you?

MagicXR

Quote from: Selene on November 22, 2012, 01:19:49 AM
Quote from: Cooky on November 22, 2012, 01:19:01 AM
Want me to fix it for you?
Yea probably

Cooky

yes selene u can fix it for me thankyou :)

spiderstar

Xx Itz Ian

Crowns like on runescape pls
League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

cybercjt

Normal / Low
IGN: LT.Surge / Psycho_Patch
Level: 172 / 7
Guild: None / None

Thx to Pig for the Raichu sig. :D

Badass PvPer I guess so.. XD

Selene

November 22, 2012, 08:03:31 AM #10 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 08:46:44 AM by Selene
We shouldn't have any symbol, we should just be at the top of lobby list.

etoyh1

I LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT :D

Cooky

Quote from: Selene on November 22, 2012, 08:03:31 AM
yea but im not sure if thats possible or not

my suggestion would be the next best thing though

ZxEnvyxZ

+11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111  :D
or we could get a list for online staff members if the staff members don't like the look of the exclamation point at the start of their name

KillerPig

who cares if the staff dont like it

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

spiderstar

Quote from: ZxEnvyxZ on November 22, 2012, 03:00:30 PM
or we could get a list for online staff members if the staff members don't like the look of the exclamation point at the start of their name

I don't think that's possible unless we have the source.

If the list/staff on top doesn't work out then maybe a command?  

@staffon- Would list all the staff members we have online.

ZeroUH

November 22, 2012, 03:08:43 PM #16 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 03:10:59 PM by ZeroUH
Quote from: KillerPig on November 22, 2012, 03:03:35 PM
who cares if the staff dont like it
Mr. Popo> Kami Sama > Staff > Community > Other animals > Worms > KillerPig . That's how it works.  ;D

+1 for this suggestion.

mikenny

Quote from: spiderstar on November 22, 2012, 03:04:11 PM
Quote from: ZxEnvyxZ on November 22, 2012, 03:00:30 PM

I don't think that's possible unless we have the source.

If the list/staff on top doesn't work out then maybe a command?  

@staffon- Would list all the staff members we have online.

I second this big time cuz i know some staff aren't gonna like the exclamation mark and a command isn't that hard.

DarkShadow89

A command would make this a little harder then it has to be, just put them at the top.
<br />BoutCheetah: DankBudz420 | 150 | Vanquish<br />
Quote from: yeritsyaboy1 on July 24, 2012, 08:30:40 PM<br />Food For Thought .<br />

Cooky

Quote from: DarkShadow89 on November 22, 2012, 04:01:22 PM
A command would make this a little harder then it has to be, just put them at the top.

Toast

+1, as long as we don't have a symbol infront of our names, because it'll look pretty bad if the name is like !Admin Allie or `FM Toast

Cooky

Quote from: Toast on November 22, 2012, 05:57:54 PM
+1, as long as we don't have a symbol infront of our names, because it'll look pretty bad if the name is like !Admin Allie or `FM Toast
'looks pretty bad' ?

huh? how does that look bad? lol

also im not sure that this would get added to FM's since they dont have any in-game powers

!Admin Allie
!Admin Santa
!Admin Yz
!GM Selene
!GM Zero
!GM Optimism
!Mod Spiderstar
!Mod Materger
!Mod Nik
!Mod Zom

looks fine to me

Selene

November 22, 2012, 06:01:12 PM #22 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 06:01:49 PM by Selene
Quote from: Cooky on November 22, 2012, 06:00:11 PM
'looks pretty bad' ?

also im not sure that this would get added to FM's since they dont have any in-game powers

!Admin Allie
!Admin Santa
!Admin Yz
!GM Selene
!GM Zero
!GM Optimism
!Mod Spiderstar
!Mod Materger
!Mod Nik
!Mod Zom

looks fine to me

Ugly. There is probably a way to just put us at the top.

Cooky

something that would help all players is getting rejected because it 'looks ugly' ? I think you should get your prioritys straight

staffs job is not to look pretty its to help players

Fat Matt

Quote from: Cooky on November 22, 2012, 06:00:11 PM
'looks pretty bad' ?

!Admin Allie
!Admin Santa
!Admin Yz
!GM Selene
!GM Zero
!GM Optimism
!Mod Spiderstar
!Mod Materger
!Mod Nik
!Mod Zom

looks fine to me

Looks kind've dumb imo. Would a space infront of their name move them to the top of the list?
bombz is  g
a               a
w
e
s
o
m
e                y

KillerPig

most online games actually do something similar to this

!Mod Pig for mods
#GM Pig for gms
@Admin Pig for admin

u guys are always harping about how you wanna be more professional soo

Cooky

lol im smh at people saying yea good idea but 'it looks bad'

who cares? What? Are you gonna hate this game because the staff has a symbol in front of their name? How is it going to effect you?

this will help a lot of people including me 

Xx Itz Ian

❖Admin Allie
❖Admin Santa
❖Admin Yz
❖GM Selene
❖GM Zero
❖GM Optimism
❖Mod Spiderstar
❖Mod Materger
❖Mod Nik
❖Mod Zom

League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Fat Matt

November 22, 2012, 06:46:00 PM #28 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 06:49:47 PM by Fat Matt
Quote from: Xx Itz Ian on November 22, 2012, 06:34:51 PM
❖Admin Allie
❖Admin Santa
❖Admin Yz
❖GM Selene
❖GM Zero
❖GM Optimism
❖Mod Spiderstar
❖Mod Materger
❖Mod Nik
❖Mod Zom

❖ ♦ ♣ ♠ ♥  ☺ ☻  •

Better than "!" =P

~Edit: Also you forgot sir madprox
bombz is  g
a               a
w
e
s
o
m
e                y

ZeroUH

❖Admin Allie
❖Admin Santa
❖Admin Yz
❖GM Selene
❖GM Zero
❖GM Optimism
❖Mod Spiderstar
❖Mod Materger
❖Mod Nik
❖Mod Zom

This is something good!

Quote from: KillerPig on November 22, 2012, 06:05:28 PM

!Mod Pig for mods
#GM Pig for gms
@Admin Pig for admin

This is lame, in special the "Pig" part.

DarkShadow89

November 22, 2012, 08:24:19 PM #30 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 08:28:10 PM by DarkShadow89
There should be no need for a symbol. Im sure theres a way to log mods/gms/admins names at the top of the lobby list.

Symbols look unprofessional and could be mislead for someone impersonating if you're new, and used to play old BOTS!!

!Mod Pig for mods
#GM Pig for gms
@Admin Pig for admin

No need to attack the mods by comparing other games, infact I have yet to know/remember a game i've played where they have symbols in there name to be logged in at the top of the list. Most games can do it without tricking the order of syntax.

Why the need to attack staff by the false accusation that they brag about professionalism?
Quote from: yeritsyaboy1 on July 24, 2012, 08:30:40 PM<br />Food For Thought .<br />

Selene

Quote from: Selene on November 22, 2012, 08:03:31 AM

KillerPig

Quote from: DarkShadow89 on November 22, 2012, 08:24:19 PM
There should be no need for a symbol. Im sure theres a way to log mods/gms/admins names at the top of the lobby list.

Symbols look unprofessional and could be mislead for someone impersonating if you're new, and used to play old BOTS!!

!Mod Pig for mods
#GM Pig for gms
@Admin Pig for admin

No need to attack the mods by comparing other games, infact I have yet to know/remember a game i've played where they have symbols in there name to be logged in at the top of the list. Most games can do it without tricking the order of syntax.

Why the need to attack staff by the false accusation that they brag about professionalism?
that was in no way an attack wtfffff

this would make everything more organized an professional
i said since they are always saying they want to be professional, they should do this

DarkShadow89

Harp is usually derogative.

Anywho, symbols make it messy and look bad.

spiderstar

For the people who said the command idea was bad and it makes it more ridiculous.

I said if the top of the list thing didn't work then maybe a command would work. 

Not that a command idea was better than putting the names at the top of the list.

Just to clarify.

DarkShadow89

November 22, 2012, 10:26:13 PM #35 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 10:28:20 PM by DarkShadow89
^ Indeed, i believe i have played a game before where if you needed help of a gm, you could /help and it would warn all the gm's online (or admins or mods in this case) and therefore you could only pm them once you had been replied to.

Or you could do a WoW type thing, and make a ticket to PM mods and what not.

But a @command to show the status seems useless, I would make it so if you need help, you can just @help and it would message all the online staff with your name therefore, a staff could whisper you.

Only because, I dont think there would be a problem with just putting the staff at the top of the list.

EDIT: Or you could be twice as professional, and make santa code a TAB next to the "Guild" and "Friends" thing, that says like, "Online Staff" or maybe just "Staff"

Which would take you to another little window where it only shows the log for staff members. (This is only if you cant find a way to put staff at top of lobby list)

Selene

November 22, 2012, 10:37:32 PM #36 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 10:38:25 PM by Selene
"All"
"Whisper"
"Guild"
"Help"

If you need help you just go to the "help"option and write your message and whatever staff(s) are on they can answer it for you right there.

spiderstar

Quote from: DarkShadow89 on November 22, 2012, 10:26:13 PM
^ Indeed, i believe i have played a game before where if you needed help of a gm, you could /help and it would warn all the gm's online (or admins or mods in this case) and therefore you could only pm them once you had been replied to.

Or you could do a WoW type thing, and make a ticket to PM mods and what not.

But a @command to show the status seems useless, I would make it so if you need help, you can just @help and it would message all the online staff with your name therefore, a staff could whisper you.

Only because, I dont think there would be a problem with just putting the staff at the top of the list.

EDIT: Or you could be twice as professional, and make santa code a TAB next to the "Guild" and "Friends" thing, that says like, "Online Staff" or maybe just "Staff"

Which would take you to another little window where it only shows the log for staff members. (This is only if you cant find a way to put staff at top of lobby list)

It's impossible to add another window without the source code. 

Also if there was a command that whispered the users name to all staff members we would most likely get flooded with a billion people.  Another problem would be that 6 staff members might be helping 1 person which is kind of redundant when the other 5 staff members could be helping 5 other people. 

Quote from: Selene on November 22, 2012, 10:37:32 PM
"All"
"Whisper"
"Guild"
"Help"

If you need help you just go to the "help"option and write your message and whatever staff(s) are on they can answer it for you right there.

+1

@The Main Suggestion: 
In all seriousness it's not that hard to scroll down the lobby list and find a staff members name.  But I guess it would help people find the staff more easily.

Cooky

but new players dont know who is staff and who isnt , which is another problem

DarkShadow89

November 22, 2012, 11:14:30 PM #39 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:15:13 PM by DarkShadow89
This isnt even a big problem, but I thought it would be more "professional" to have something like WoW like a place where you can place a ticket and it would be reviewed by GM's. Not that this game is big enough, and theres only 2 places you could be, the lobby and in a game like sector/pvp/base. Which means, you could just message them, but I think it would still be a bit more efficient to have players WRITE out whats wrong and have a ticket waiting, so a GM/Mod could go and read them all and answer them accordingly.

But its not a necessity, and dont think it will be considered. ^ Btw this would make the "report-a-rule breaker" section useless.

Nucleaon

"All"
"Whisper"
"Guild"
"Help"

This is awesome.

IGNs:
BC: Nuc | Kyura
GC: SaphireFlare

Vobck

"All"
"Whisper"
"Guild"
"Help"

If this was possible it would be "neater".
But im wondering, if alot of people keep asking and asking alot in the "help" chat it would become a little annoying to see who needs help. :/

ghostkid17

"All"
"Whisper"
"Guild"
"Help"

This ^
-Oreos-
Quote from: Materger
I am now an Oreos fan!
Quote from: Allie
Oreos was a failed project.

Cooky

the `help` chat option wouldnt work.. Far too often there are no staff online or they are afk, people would get mad when their requests for help arent answered. I think that would be overkill.

spiderstar

Quote from: Cooky on November 23, 2012, 01:01:10 AM
the `help` chat option wouldnt work.. Far too often there are no staff online or they are afk, people would get mad when their requests for help arent answered. I think that would be overkill.

Actually it really wouldn't make that much of a difference.

If people whispered a mod and he didn't respond the person would still get mad anyways.

Honestly if there was a help option and a staff member was afk.  When the staff member came back he could look through the help section and talk to the person later.  Whilst looking through whispers can be more difficult because whispers are used for idol chats as well. 

It would be more efficient imo. 

Cooky

ZxEnvyxZ

❖Admin Allie
❖Admin Santa❖
❖Admin Yz❖
❖GM Selene❖
❖GM Zero❖
❖GM Optimism❖
❖Mod Spiderstar❖
❖Mod Materger❖
❖Mod Nik❖
❖Mod Zom❖

Yz

don't think it's possible to add a new chat
DISCORD killyzkill

Cooky

thats what i thought too tricky

NeoKiller

dats actually a pretty good idea. (only read first post)

hawk5005

November 23, 2012, 09:15:00 AM #50 Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 09:15:26 AM by hawk5005
You guys are thinking too much for a simple solution. No need for special symbols that you can't use when you're in lobby.
[GM]
[Admin]
[Mod]
Easy to see, easy to use.

Cooky

Quote from: hawk5005 on November 23, 2012, 09:15:00 AM
No need for special symbols that you can't use when you're in lobby.

since when can u not use exclimation points in the lobby lol

hawk5005

I was referring to Ian's symbols.❖

szabolcs

Quote from: Fat Matt on November 22, 2012, 06:46:00 PM
❖Admin Allie
❖Admin Santa
❖Admin Yz
❖GM Selene
❖GM Zero
❖GM Optimism
❖Mod Spiderstar
❖Mod Materger
❖Mod Nik
❖Mod Zom

❖ ♦ ♣ ♠ ♥  ☺ ☻  •

Better than "!" =P

~Edit: Also you forgot sir madprox
and meteor

Yz

You guys are thinking too much for a simple solution. No need for special symbols that you can't use when you're in lobby.
[GM]
[Admin]
[Mod]

1. people can already use it i thought

2. [[FM] Grim] is how it would appear in chat lol
DISCORD killyzkill

szabolcs

make a group in lobby. the group would be on the top of the list. if a staff member logging in, his/her name would be displayed in that group

Iridion

[GM]
[Admin]
[Mod]
actually smart suggestion

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Yz

Quote from: Yz on November 23, 2012, 04:00:46 PM
[GM]
[Admin]
[Mod]

iridiot
DISCORD killyzkill

Iridion

Quote from: Yz on November 24, 2012, 01:56:56 PM
Quote from: Yz on November 23, 2012, 04:00:46 PM
[GM]
[Admin]
[Mod]

iridiot

who gives a shit ???

thats how we roll maddie

Yz

DISCORD killyzkill

DarkShadow89

If they wanted all they have to do is add a group to the lobby list in which it only signs in admins/mods/gms/fms at the top.

spiderstar

Quote from: DarkShadow89 on November 24, 2012, 11:51:04 PM
If they wanted all they have to do is add a group to the lobby list in which it only signs in admins/mods/gms/fms at the top.

Again, I'm pretty sure this is impossible without the source.

Jeffalo13

Another tab would be cool.

[Lobby] [Staff] [Friends] [Guild]

prob wouldn't fit though
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Iridion

Quote from: Jeffalo13 on November 26, 2012, 05:34:51 PM

prob wouldn't fit though

wat if the gfxers did a restyling of the skin and make a custom one plsplz

thats how we roll maddie

KillerPig

Jeffalo13

I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Madprox

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Cooky

this made me think of this suggestion and how much it should be added

Cooky

why hasn't this been added yet? so easy to do and would be so helpful..

Cooky

Quote from: kulvinder on October 21, 2013, 03:07:22 PM
As I have posted just a few hours ago...but it got deleted. :-\
It would be easier for hackersrule breakers to look out for Staff.

im sure they already know how to look out for staff

Cooky

if this doesn't get added cuz it 'makes it easier for rulebreakers' then we are letting the rulebreakers win

this would help players 100x more then it would 'make it easier for rulebreakers'

Madprox

Quote from: Jeffalo13 on November 26, 2012, 05:34:51 PM

prob wouldn't fit though

"All"
"Whisper"
"Guild"
"Help"

Either of these ideas is very intresting.

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Iridion

Quote from: Cooky on October 21, 2013, 03:20:39 PM
if this doesn't get added cuz it 'makes it easier for rulebreakers' then we are letting the rulebreakers win

this would help players 100x more then it would 'make it easier for rulebreakers'

if a player can recognize a gm, so does a rulebreaker and vice versa even if this suggestion was implemented

thats how we roll maddie

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-