May 02, 2024, 12:45:29 PMLatest Member: mori
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » Rebring the lvl-cap

Rebring the lvl-cap

Started by Ramk1ng, January 24, 2014, 07:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramk1ng

I'm here to bring a suggestion which many of u might disagree on.

Like the title says, i want to bring the Level cap back in-game.

The reason i would like to see this is, since the lvl-cap was removed and u get 65k xp a game ( or a bit less ) each time u did 258, people now jump within 20 minutes of leeching in a room from lvl 1 to almost as crazy as 150 if not more.

When i joined the game, of course in the beginning i leeched.     But i had to work hard to gain the lvls which i wanted to reach. Countless hours would get in the game to lvl-up and gain more and more GP.
Nowadays its just making a new account, join a room with 258 and all u gotta do is click the button that says ready And perhaps if u got a bossy type playing the game u might need to suicide as well, how easy do you want to have it?

People which have the level around 200-225 are still allmost new in this game, have a lack of experience and don't got a clue how to play the game properly by itself.      When i started playing ,the player which had the highest lvl were almost like gods to me, i looked up to them but now, there are countless people with lvl 225 .

That is for a reason to suggest to bring back a lvl-cap or some way to make leveling harder for the low levels. I Really hope people will react positively on it, but yet its a negative thing to some people in the community so i will understand that people are going to hate the idea.

Cooky

I would like it if they made it so that u cannot level up more then once per game

it might help with what u are talking about (too easy for low levels)

Ramk1ng

Quote from: Cooky on January 24, 2014, 07:48:55 PM
I would like it if they made it so that u cannot level up more then once per game

it might help with what u are talking about (too easy for low levels)

Yes indeed, that would probably be the best idea, i just hope people will like this idea enough to bring it back to the game.

Delta

This was one of the reasons i quitted this game.

Ramk1ng

Quote from: Delta on January 24, 2014, 07:51:10 PM
This was one of the reasons i quitted this game.

The lvl-cap existing or people being able to lvl up to quick?

Thornz

When you say lvl cap you mean not allowing people to level up more than once per game, correct? If so, I'd +1 this, as long as players still get normal GP, and only their exp gets capped...

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

DevilzDemise

January 24, 2014, 08:00:13 PM #6 Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 08:11:52 PM by DevilzDemise
Yeah, i disagree with bringing the level cap back. However, making it so it's not as easy to level is a good option. Considering i reached 270 within a month. Also, like some players i've spoken too who have been 225 didn't know the difference between survival or raid, didn't know you get more xp from survival parts, or occasional how to even combo. I mean yeah not everyone is good at the game i get that, but some things are generally picked up before hitting 225. But i'm going to contradict myself in saying, that i don't actually mind it either as i enjoy being a high level, having the new maps come out and all that jazz.

Thornz

Pretty sure he doesn't mean to lower the level cap down from 270....

Not pants

Ramk1ng

Quote from: Thornz on January 24, 2014, 07:59:17 PM
When you say lvl cap you mean not allowing people to level up more than once per game, correct? If so, I'd +1 this, as long as players still get normal GP, and only their exp gets capped...

Yes indeed, this will only effect lvling once per game, since (we the higher lvls) dont lvl more than once a game it wont make a difference ;)

An other idea might be that for people that are more then

200 lvls apart from the lvl that they are playing, get just 40%

People who plays a game wich has 150 levels in between, would get 50%

100 levels distance 65%

50 levels distance like 75% and between 75 and the number wich already is set for people with a to high lvl just a normal 100%  

In this way, hackers cant lvl that quick either, now even they have to put in some decent effort to lvl ;) But just max 1 lvl per game would be nice already.

And indeed, people who already have high lvls will not be effected by this. Only people with low lvls wil now have a harder time. And Devilz, i suppose u mean t3 with raid armor?

Thornz

Quote from: Ramk1ng on January 24, 2014, 08:05:52 PM
Quote from: Thornz on January 24, 2014, 07:59:17 PM

Yes indeed, this will only effect lvling once per game, since (we the higher lvls) dont lvl more than once a game it wont make a difference ;)

An other idea might be that for people that are more then

200 lvls apart from the lvl that they are playing, get just 40%

People who plays a game wich has 150 levels in between, would get 50%

100 levels distance 65%

50 levels distance like 75% and between 75 and the number wich already is set for people with a to high lvl just a normal 100%  

In this way, hackers cant lvl that quick either, now even they have to put in some decent effort to lvl ;) But just max 1 lvl per game would be nice already.

And indeed, people who already have high lvls will not be effected by this. Only people with low lvls wil now have a harder time. And Devilz, i suppose u mean t3 with raid armor?

That's what I thought. And +1 to low levels getting less exp, I have thought about this several times and forgot to suggest it. It would be a huge improvement, since it's not really very fair that low levels can leech 258 without doing any work. High levels would still be able to leech, but they earned it, so w/e

Not pants

DevilzDemise

(click to show/hide)

yeah my bad. Good spot, i'll correct that now. I meant survival armour yes.

opuiq3

^yw allie

Thornz

You  can make it to level 225 in like, a day. That really needs to be fixed

Not pants

Cooky

honestly making it so u can only level up 1 level per game would be a huge update in my opinion and would make the game a lot better

-Speedy-

I would say the levels are fine because lots of time new players don't want a big challenge at the beginning but if they wanna work for something after 225 they can get lvl 270(if they buy member).

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

Experiences

+1, Way too easy to lvl as a new player nowadays.

IGN: Rapidash/Experiences/Expeh.
=-Lvl 270-=

Rossbach

January 24, 2014, 09:42:38 PM #16 Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:49:22 PM by Rossbach
They had a system like this before, and they removed it. Anyways -1.

Going by the first post besides the "too easy to lv," there was also a mention of nubs having no skills. All this will lead to is people leeching more games, and in the end players will still have the same skill. Besides it will still be insanely easy to level, all it takes is more leeching games. Funny tho, people before were complaining it was too hard to level.  ::)

Instead of such a method there needs to be a new one. Such as players lose exp based on the map they are playing on in relation to their level. Currently if you play sector lv 258 on a lv 268 (lv is 10 higher than the sector level) it will half your exp gain. It needs to be changed for it you are say 10 levels lower than the sector map level, the exp is slightly lower. (It will build up every 10 levels.) Then players have more intensive to not leech, and to play at sector levels near their level. Would also slow down hackers a bit. ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

123bomb123

^ Who EVER complained about the difficulty of leveling. Game 2 EZ.

+1 I can level myself to lvl 200 in like an hour or less just by soloing 258 lmao.
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

-Speedy-

Quote from: 123bomb123 on January 24, 2014, 09:52:53 PM

+1 I can level myself to lvl 200 in like an hour or less just by soloing 258 lmao.
Doubtful that you solo unless you push like everything.

#1 *Sector Nub*

Rossbach

Before the new maps and the max level being 270, everyone was complaining about it being too hard to level and simply waited for the new maps. A year+ ago when Allie halved all the exp rates, people complained it was too hard to level.

Level 200 from what level? Lv 199? ::)

Anyways as Ross said before this "1 level per game," is not the best way to go about this as a fix. Ross agrees something has to be changed, but not by doing this.

Omnomnom eating toast.

-Speedy-

Quote from: Rossbach on January 24, 2014, 09:56:30 PM

Before the new maps and the max level being 270, everyone was complaining about it being too hard to level and simply waited for the new maps. A year+ ago when Allie halved all the exp rates, people complained it was too hard to level.

Level 200 from what level? Lv 199? ::)

Anyways as Ross said before this "1 level per game," is not the best way to go about this as a fix. Ross agrees something has to be changed, but not by doing this.
Just lower the xp rates for lower lvls well for anyone under lvl 258.

#1 *Sector Nub*

DevilzDemise

Quote from: Rossbach on May 29, 1974, 10:05:39 AM

Didn't something like that get put into the game before already? During the time when people where hacking 219 and getting max xp from it so kenny put a level cap on 1 level per game? only for like 1-3 days or something like that. But i remember, and it sucked.

Thornz

Ross makes a good point. Let's lower exp for lower levels like he said. Better fix

Not pants

-Speedy-

Quote from: Thornz on January 24, 2014, 10:03:36 PM
Ross makes a good point. Let's lower exp for lower levels like he said. Better fix
I'm pretty positive i said that but i could be wrong.

#1 *Sector Nub*

Rossbach

Quote from: DevilzDemise on January 24, 2014, 09:59:43 PM
Didn't something like that get put into the game before already? During the time when people where hacking 219 and getting max xp from it so kenny put a level cap on 1 level per game? only for like 1-3 days or something like that. But i remember, and it sucked.

Quote from: Rossbach on January 24, 2014, 09:42:38 PM
They had a system like this before, and they removed it. Anyways -1.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

-Speedy-

Quote from: Rossbach on January 24, 2014, 10:05:28 PM
Quote from: DevilzDemise on January 24, 2014, 09:59:43 PM

They had a system like this before, and they removed it. Anyways -1.  ::)
Haha i see now.

#1 *Sector Nub*

Rossbach

Quote from: -Speedy- on January 24, 2014, 10:04:48 PM

Currently if you play sector lv 258 on a lv 268 (lv is 10 higher than the sector level) it will half your exp gain. It needs to be changed for it you are say 10 levels lower than the sector map level, the exp is slightly lower. (It will build up every 10 levels.) Then players have more intensive to not leech, and to play at sector levels near their level. Would also slow down hackers a bit. ::)

Your idea is basically the same as Ross'. Except his is more detailed on levels.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

DevilzDemise

(click to show/hide)

My bad didn't read. I apologise.

Thornz

If you're going to he technical, ramk1ng actually said it first ::)

But who dafaq cares who said it first, lol

Not pants

-Speedy-

Quote from: Rossbach on January 24, 2014, 10:07:30 PM
Quote from: -Speedy- on January 24, 2014, 10:04:48 PM

Currently if you play sector lv 258 on a lv 268 (lv is 10 higher than the sector level) it will half your exp gain. It needs to be changed for it you are say 10 levels lower than the sector map level, the exp is slightly lower. (It will build up every 10 levels.) Then players have more intensive to not leech, and to play at sector levels near their level. Would also slow down hackers a bit. ::)

Your idea is basically the same as Ross'. Except his is more detailed on levels.  ::)
Yea i understand what you wrote now and yes, i think it is the best way to help the levels even out.

#1 *Sector Nub*

Rossbach

Quote from: Thornz on January 24, 2014, 10:08:45 PM

Seems your right, never noticed.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

-Speedy-

Quote from: Rossbach on January 24, 2014, 10:11:16 PM
Quote from: Thornz on January 24, 2014, 10:08:45 PM

Seems your right, never noticed.  ::)

Whoops lol yea i didn't see the whole thing.

#1 *Sector Nub*

mic99

I agree with Ross, there needs to be another way. I just don't know what else could be possible though

Ramk1ng

I am glad many of you guys agree with me. Rebringing the lvl cap was just a way to possibly make it work. Like i mentioned and ross, doing something with the amount of xp that you earn by lvl is perhaps the best way.

Epic xD

Having a "level cap" doesn't really solve any problems because it's still really easy to level. Also, it has never been hard to level in BC. If your problem is having a bunch of high level noobs, the only way to really eliminate that problem is to change the focus of sector maps (ie more than just vvvx) and/or make PvP/BvB more appealing.

Quote from: KillerPig on June 24, 2011, 07:49:43 AM
I've been debating with myself about this for a long time now. No, I'm not leaving BC, but when I get back, I'll be asking the girl I've liked for a long time to go out with me. Wish me luck. Zomg I'm so excited.

Ramk1ng

Quote from: Epic xD on January 25, 2014, 02:52:47 AM
Having a "level cap" doesn't really solve any problems because it's still really easy to level. Also, it has never been hard to level in BC. If your problem is having a bunch of high level noobs, the only way to really eliminate that problem is to change the focus of sector maps (ie more than just vvvx) and/or make PvP/BvB more appealing.

Not sure when u started playing but in 2009 and 2010 even aroud 2011 it was damn hard to reach the highest lvl ...

qolderman

Quote from: -Speedy- on January 24, 2014, 09:03:10 PM
I would say the levels are fine because lots of time new players don't want a big challenge at the beginning but if they wanna work for something after 225 they can get lvl 270(if they buy member).
IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

mygodZzZ

Wow, I thought you meant Lvl 172-221 cap, then I would say +1.
But since you talking about 1 lvl per game, -1 I like lvling quick.
bringing level 172 (none member) - 221 (member) will be awesome, the OP Sets will be gone and people will enjoy to having the Awesome +7 Cpu/bladess/rapid sets they own, that now worth 30m and they prices will come back to being 120m-160m
and the elektra will be back being 250m I guess..

Epic xD

Quote from: Ramk1ng on January 25, 2014, 08:21:35 AM
Not sure when u started playing but in 2009 and 2010 even aroud 2011 it was damn hard to reach the highest lvl ...
In 2009, reaching the max level in BC was a joke. When I got un-IP banned here in 2011, it was still really easy to level.

If you played sector in 2006, you'd know what "hard" leveling is. 25 experience per round played is much harder than BC ever was. By hard, I just mean time consuming because clearing through sectors has never been difficult.

Quote from: KillerPig on June 24, 2011, 07:49:43 AM
I've been debating with myself about this for a long time now. No, I'm not leaving BC, but when I get back, I'll be asking the girl I've liked for a long time to go out with me. Wish me luck. Zomg I'm so excited.

qolderman

Quote from: mygodZzZ on January 25, 2014, 09:16:59 AM
bringing level 172 (none member) - 221 (member) will be awesome, the OP Sets will be gone and people will enjoy to having the Awesome +7 Cpu/bladess/rapid sets they own, that now worth 30m and they prices will come back to being 120m-160m
and the elektra will be back being 250m I guess..

no, please no
IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

123bomb123

Quote from: Epic xD on January 25, 2014, 02:52:47 AM
change the focus of sector maps (ie more than just vvvx) and/or make PvP/BvB more appealing.
This. More mobs that counter (like besides the six hit-counter viruses that aren't hard to beat) and obstacles and shit so it's not so straightforward. Or lower time-limit to something more challenging. (finishing 258 in an hour, lmao? maybe make it 2:00 or 2:30 idk.)

BC is easy. Like easy enough that you don't have to watch your screen most of the time. It just promotes mindless inf combo, which anyone can do. The only semihard-difficult thing BC has is raid and that's for players above 221-235

Oh but wait, anyone can mindlessly level to 221. Then at the point they can play raid, after leveling without learning anything other then combo, they suck ****.

FIX UR GAME ALLIE.

because.

Rossbach

January 25, 2014, 02:41:54 PM #41 Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 02:45:09 PM by Rossbach
The only semihard-difficult thing BC has is raid and that's for players above 221-235

It is so easy to level up anyway there are more and more lv 235+ players now.

Have you ever heard of 235 raid? It is practically so hard everyone quit it and simply waiting for it to be nerfed (/excluding Ross' team.)  ::)

Besides that is what Raid is meant for, challenging Sector content. The normal sector levels will continue to be grind-able.

Omnomnom eating toast.

123bomb123

Quote from: Rossbach on January 25, 2014, 02:41:54 PM
The only semihard-difficult thing BC has is raid and that's for players above 221-235

Have you ever heard of 235 raid? It is practically so hard everyone quit it and simply waiting for it to be nerfed (/excluding Ross' team.)  ::)

Besides that is what Raid is meant for, challenging Sector content. The normal sector levels will continue to be grind-able.
why is raid the only difficult thing, especially since it's only 235 (a member only feature)

ALL F2P play is shit and there's no replay value.

because.

Rossbach

Quote from: 123bomb123 on January 25, 2014, 03:05:57 PM

Have you ever heard of 235 raid? It is practically so hard everyone quit it and simply waiting for it to be nerfed (/excluding Ross' team.)  ::)

why is raid the only difficult thing, especially since it's only 235 (a member only feature)

ALL F2P play is **** and there's no replay value.

Because if the sector levels were difficult everyone would quit "omg too hard."  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

123bomb123

Quote from: Rossbach on January 25, 2014, 03:59:25 PM
Quote from: 123bomb123 on January 25, 2014, 03:05:57 PM

ALL F2P play is **** and there's no replay value.

Because if the sector levels were difficult everyone would quit "omg too hard."  ::)
I guess that's great for a game that sucks money from Koreans right rather than making a challenging game that would be better for the overall community and PvP aspect.

But, again. BC only needs money!!!!

because.

Allie

Quote from: 123bomb123 on January 25, 2014, 04:45:57 PM

oh noes, a business is doing business stuffs

123bomb123

Quote from: Allie on January 25, 2014, 05:32:19 PM

so you'll sacrifice potential new players for existing drones that play non-stop because it's easy - but has no reward IRL - while other players start to quit because of lack of replay?

Yeah I'm surprised this game still stands but it's not because of Zylon's ideas but because of Koreans and nostalgia. Soon enough this game will deteriorate into nothing by the time vets get into college (seeing as how the large majority is HS) unless you find a way to make it more fun for new players.

Although our perception of fun in this game is different, isn't it..

because.

Ramk1ng

Hey Allie since that u are replying to the topic, would u mind to put ur opinion to this point?

123bomb123

Quote from: nanak tatum on January 25, 2014, 05:49:33 PM
Quote from: 123bomb123 on January 25, 2014, 05:40:26 PM

so you'll sacrifice potential new players for existing drones that play non-stop because it's easy - but has no reward IRL - while other players start to quit because of lack of replay?

Yeah I'm surprised this game still stands but it's not because of Zylon's ideas but because of Koreans and nostalgia. Soon enough this game will deteriorate into nothing by the time vets get into college (seeing as how the large majority is HS) unless you find a way to make it more fun for new players.

Although our perception of fun in this game is different, isn't it..

Every single video game has no reward irl
knew sum1 would say this, i agree but my overall point still stands :(

because.

KillerPig

bc sector a is broken

>get lvl 1
>get charge
>get digi
>do lvl 258

solo in 1 min

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Ramk1ng

Quote from: KillerPig on January 25, 2014, 05:58:57 PM
bc sector a is broken

>get lvl 1
>get charge
>get digi
>do lvl 258

solo in 1 min

Well u have recently been promoted to the rank u currently have, any chance u can make some changes to this?  U became that rank for this kind of stuff, right? ( this isn't sarcsstic, quicklu read ur promotion forum )

Cooky

Quote from: Ramk1ng on January 25, 2014, 08:07:15 PM
Well u have recently been promoted to the rank u currently have, any chance u can make some changes to this?  U became that rank for this kind of stuff, right? ( this isn't sarcsstic, quicklu read ur promotion forum )

huh? u talking to killerpig right?

-Speedy-

bc sector a is broken

>get lvl 1
>get charge
>get digi
>do lvl 258

solo in 1 min
He's staying thats how you do the level not being sarcastic. Of course no level one will beat it but he's making a point about how easy it is.

#1 *Sector Nub*

KillerPig

bc sector a is broken

>get lvl 1
>get charge
>get digi
>do lvl 258

solo in 1 min

what?

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Reviax

ya pig ur promoted now start change stuf pls

Ramk1ng

Quote from: KillerPig on January 26, 2014, 12:05:43 AM
bc sector a is broken

>get lvl 1
>get charge
>get digi
>do lvl 258

solo in 1 min

what?

I am sorry for the confusion, i saw a yellow line at ur post ( close by the name ) so i assumed that it was rossbach so sorry.

so @ross any chance?

mygodZzZ

Quote from: Ramk1ng on January 26, 2014, 06:22:07 AM
Quote from: KillerPig on January 26, 2014, 12:05:43 AM
bc sector a is broken

>get lvl 1
>get charge
>get digi
>do lvl 258

solo in 1 min

what?

I am sorry for the confusion, i saw a yellow line at ur post ( close by the name ) so i assumed that it was rossbach so sorry.

so @ross any chance?
I was starting to think you thought this was Selene xD.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-