May 02, 2024, 08:59:24 PMLatest Member: utaletrmpo
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » Rebring the lvl-cap

Rebring the lvl-cap

Started by Ramk1ng, January 24, 2014, 07:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Experiences

+1, Way too easy to lvl as a new player nowadays.

IGN: Rapidash/Experiences/Expeh.
=-Lvl 270-=

Rossbach

January 24, 2014, 09:42:38 PM #16 Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:49:22 PM by Rossbach
They had a system like this before, and they removed it. Anyways -1.

Going by the first post besides the "too easy to lv," there was also a mention of nubs having no skills. All this will lead to is people leeching more games, and in the end players will still have the same skill. Besides it will still be insanely easy to level, all it takes is more leeching games. Funny tho, people before were complaining it was too hard to level.  ::)

Instead of such a method there needs to be a new one. Such as players lose exp based on the map they are playing on in relation to their level. Currently if you play sector lv 258 on a lv 268 (lv is 10 higher than the sector level) it will half your exp gain. It needs to be changed for it you are say 10 levels lower than the sector map level, the exp is slightly lower. (It will build up every 10 levels.) Then players have more intensive to not leech, and to play at sector levels near their level. Would also slow down hackers a bit. ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

123bomb123

^ Who EVER complained about the difficulty of leveling. Game 2 EZ.

+1 I can level myself to lvl 200 in like an hour or less just by soloing 258 lmao.
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

-Speedy-

Quote from: 123bomb123 on January 24, 2014, 09:52:53 PM

+1 I can level myself to lvl 200 in like an hour or less just by soloing 258 lmao.
Doubtful that you solo unless you push like everything.

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

Rossbach

Before the new maps and the max level being 270, everyone was complaining about it being too hard to level and simply waited for the new maps. A year+ ago when Allie halved all the exp rates, people complained it was too hard to level.

Level 200 from what level? Lv 199? ::)

Anyways as Ross said before this "1 level per game," is not the best way to go about this as a fix. Ross agrees something has to be changed, but not by doing this.

Omnomnom eating toast.

-Speedy-

Quote from: Rossbach on January 24, 2014, 09:56:30 PM

Before the new maps and the max level being 270, everyone was complaining about it being too hard to level and simply waited for the new maps. A year+ ago when Allie halved all the exp rates, people complained it was too hard to level.

Level 200 from what level? Lv 199? ::)

Anyways as Ross said before this "1 level per game," is not the best way to go about this as a fix. Ross agrees something has to be changed, but not by doing this.
Just lower the xp rates for lower lvls well for anyone under lvl 258.

#1 *Sector Nub*

DevilzDemise

Quote from: Rossbach on May 29, 1974, 10:05:39 AM

Didn't something like that get put into the game before already? During the time when people where hacking 219 and getting max xp from it so kenny put a level cap on 1 level per game? only for like 1-3 days or something like that. But i remember, and it sucked.

Thornz

Ross makes a good point. Let's lower exp for lower levels like he said. Better fix

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

-Speedy-

Quote from: Thornz on January 24, 2014, 10:03:36 PM
Ross makes a good point. Let's lower exp for lower levels like he said. Better fix
I'm pretty positive i said that but i could be wrong.

#1 *Sector Nub*

Rossbach

Quote from: DevilzDemise on January 24, 2014, 09:59:43 PM
Didn't something like that get put into the game before already? During the time when people where hacking 219 and getting max xp from it so kenny put a level cap on 1 level per game? only for like 1-3 days or something like that. But i remember, and it sucked.

Quote from: Rossbach on January 24, 2014, 09:42:38 PM
They had a system like this before, and they removed it. Anyways -1.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

-Speedy-

Quote from: Rossbach on January 24, 2014, 10:05:28 PM
Quote from: DevilzDemise on January 24, 2014, 09:59:43 PM

They had a system like this before, and they removed it. Anyways -1.  ::)
Haha i see now.

#1 *Sector Nub*

Rossbach

Quote from: -Speedy- on January 24, 2014, 10:04:48 PM

Currently if you play sector lv 258 on a lv 268 (lv is 10 higher than the sector level) it will half your exp gain. It needs to be changed for it you are say 10 levels lower than the sector map level, the exp is slightly lower. (It will build up every 10 levels.) Then players have more intensive to not leech, and to play at sector levels near their level. Would also slow down hackers a bit. ::)

Your idea is basically the same as Ross'. Except his is more detailed on levels.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

DevilzDemise

(click to show/hide)

My bad didn't read. I apologise.

Thornz

If you're going to he technical, ramk1ng actually said it first ::)

But who dafaq cares who said it first, lol

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

-Speedy-

Quote from: Rossbach on January 24, 2014, 10:07:30 PM
Quote from: -Speedy- on January 24, 2014, 10:04:48 PM

Currently if you play sector lv 258 on a lv 268 (lv is 10 higher than the sector level) it will half your exp gain. It needs to be changed for it you are say 10 levels lower than the sector map level, the exp is slightly lower. (It will build up every 10 levels.) Then players have more intensive to not leech, and to play at sector levels near their level. Would also slow down hackers a bit. ::)

Your idea is basically the same as Ross'. Except his is more detailed on levels.  ::)
Yea i understand what you wrote now and yes, i think it is the best way to help the levels even out.

#1 *Sector Nub*

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-