May 09, 2024, 03:41:54 PMLatest Member: LuellaKend
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » Rating User System

Rating User System

Started by BlackStickre, May 09, 2014, 05:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStickre

Quote from: Pein on May 09, 2014, 06:22:51 PM
Quote from: BlackStickre on May 09, 2014, 06:13:57 PM
  ::)
most of them have alts

there are many who don't forum

registered and ingame users doesn't matter
who all matter is whoever uses the forum

say about 100k users/day check forums of these 275k ?

BlackStickre

Quote from: kulvinder on May 09, 2014, 06:32:55 PM
A limit on posting (which is not spam) is not good, really not good.

There isn't a limit if you check, there are people with over 10k posts.
Staff could controll the amount of posts so it wouldn't spam so much.

Xx Itz Ian

Quote from: Pein on May 09, 2014, 05:55:20 PM
no just no

some people would be rep whores and makes alts and **** to make them look better and will qq everytime when someone negatively rep em

rep systems are meant for a community with a very large user base. also, it's less applicable to game forums.

LEARN 2 READ
League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

BlackStickre

May 09, 2014, 06:47:46 PM #18 Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 06:49:59 PM by BlackStickre
Uhh, Rating User System?

FalseProphet

I read this wrong if it's done by posts then -1. I thought you could just rep someone for being helpful or just being a good Samaritan sort of thing.
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^ / FalseProphet

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

BlackStickre

Quote from: FalseProphet on May 09, 2014, 07:01:09 PM
I read this wrong if it's done by posts then -1. I thought you could just rep someone for being helpful or just being a good Samaritan sort of thing.

It's done by posts & replys.

FalseProphet

Quote from: BlackStickre on May 09, 2014, 07:08:20 PM

Just post count?, or generally someone seeing a post someone has put or replied and you can just like thumbs up or down the post so to speak.

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

BlackStickre

Quote from: FalseProphet on May 09, 2014, 07:11:23 PM
Quote from: BlackStickre on May 09, 2014, 07:08:20 PM

Just post count?, or generally someone seeing a post someone has put or replied and you can just like thumbs up or down the post so to speak.

No, you get 1point everytime you reply on a post or make a thread, you don't get any points by watching a post.

FalseProphet

Meh -1. It's just post count, find it useless now.

My bad, i meant like you could leave feedback on a post someone has put and then that feedback would then be in a seperate forum section in which a gm or higher approves the feedback and that feedback is then (if accepted) added to the players profile rep. both +/- rep. Then perhaps if it becomes a useful function (can't be abused as staff would have to accept the rep for it to go to a players profile), once you reach a certain POSITIVE reputation you can then redeem additions to your forum account like a personalized special title etc.

BlackStickre

Quote from: FalseProphet on May 09, 2014, 07:18:38 PM

My bad, i meant like you could leave feedback on a post someone has put and then that feedback would then be in a seperate forum section in which a gm or higher approves the feedback and that feedback is then (if accepted) added to the players profile rep. both +/- rep. Then perhaps if it becomes a useful function (can't be abused as staff would have to accept the rep for it to go to a players profile), once you reach a certain POSITIVE reputation you can then redeem additions to your forum account like a personalized special title etc.

Your making it to difficult, it's actually pretty easy.
You just reply on a topic or make a topic and you get points, if you reach a amount of points (say u get 5k points u get the title God member) obv. people will spam than but forum will get more active and staff get a changhe to finelly get back active again because forum is good as death now  ::)

And ok I respect your opinion  ;)

JustRK

Also thought it was this lol, it's a common forum rating system and would be pretty neat  ^^

BlackStickre

Quote from: JustRK on May 09, 2014, 07:23:43 PM

Also thought it was this lol, it's a common forum rating system and would be pretty neat  ^^

Indeed, it would make the forum more active and as I said staff can control the spam.
Some inactive staff would get back active and help the comunnity to improve.
Alot of websites use this method to make their forum active.

Pein

Quote from: BlackStickre on May 09, 2014, 06:24:02 PM
most of them have alts

100k a day... lol

total people now online is just around 100 since it's a weekend
lets say 200 ppl in 60 mins as an average

integrating it to a day = 4800

thats only 4k... nowhere near 100k

Quote from: Xx Itz Ian on May 09, 2014, 06:41:20 PM
no just no

some people would be rep whores and makes alts and **** to make them look better and will qq everytime when someone negatively rep em

rep systems are meant for a community with a very large user base. also, it's less applicable to game forums.

LEARN 2 READ

go back to kindergarden pl0x d0mmy

BlackStickre

Quote from: Pein on May 09, 2014, 07:32:35 PM
Quote from: BlackStickre on May 09, 2014, 06:24:02 PM
most of them have alts

100k a day... lol

total people now online is just around 100 since it's a weekend
lets say 200 ppl in 60 mins as an average

integrating it to a day = 4800

thats only 4k... nowhere near 100k

Quote from: Xx Itz Ian on May 09, 2014, 06:41:20 PM
no just no

LEARN 2 READ

go back to kindergarden pl0x d0mmy

K you may be right, I didn't know the amount of active people, i said 'say' so.. but anyways by doing this method the amount of active players will increase alot.

leapman

Doesn't SMF forums have a pre-built member rating system it just needs to be activated in the admin panel? ::)
<br />http://mrbreadmaker.ga<br /><br />SC: breadstickmaker<br />EGK #Aphrodite<br />

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-