May 05, 2024, 02:53:10 PMLatest Member: juasjuas
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » GFX » 3rd Sig

3rd Sig

Started by KillerPig, September 12, 2011, 10:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillerPig

September 12, 2011, 10:01:48 PM Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:03:53 PM by KillerPig

I think I'm getting worse as I go.  :P

I still have fun while making them. As long as I'm having fun Imma keep doing it.

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Toast

KillerPig

Quote from: Toast on September 12, 2011, 10:02:48 PM
Gengar ftw. 8)

Lol inorite?

I kinda failed on the lighting though. :|

kaos555

Please for the sake of my eyes..fix the text...it looks like crud...

The path is open.

Meta

sharpen the whole sig, set it to 35-40, and well... the 2nd one was better.

look for tuts?

Allie

I'll tell you what.
For you, I'll show you Allie's first sigs.
I did it just as you did, I made one, it sucked, I was made fun of, so I tried a new style and got addicting, making one after another until I was too embarrassed to continue.

Quote from: Allie on August 18, 2010, 09:52:53 PM
Indeed, I recently began to make images/sigs, for real this time.

I don't follow tutorials/etc so it's all just playing around.
Tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Sig1(First sig ever)

Sig2(Playing around, second sig ever)

Sig3(Still playing around, third ever)

Sig4(Alex taught me about masks o.O)

Sig5(This is just addicting now)

Sig6(Probly my last)

Sig7(Depth play)

Sig8(Tried but failed to make sig for Firey)

Sig9(Not even I know how the **** I made this)

Sig10(Continued on Sig9 and played with it)

Deleted this thread due to embarrassment of it being so damn pathetic, but I really don't care showing it now (retrieved from the deleted topics forum).
Piece of crap this shit turned out to be, I got better with time (though I never once viewed a tutorial {salanos' once, but just liek 2 minutes of it because he posted a youtube link to it}).

I got severely into background abstract art, and I ended up getting relatively good at making backgrounds; terrible at render/blending/text/etc.

Point of this post; you reminded me of myself when I first started and if you keep going (and read tutorials -- I would probly be much better if I did but then I'd lose the right to say my skills are my own) you'll get much better in no time.

KillerPig

Quote from: Allie on September 12, 2011, 10:32:43 PM
Point of this post; you reminded me of myself when I first started and if you keep going (and read tutorials -- I would probly be much better if I did but then I'd lose the right to say my skills are my own) you'll get much better in no time.

I think this is the nicest post you've ever made to me... Thank you.

I've check out a few tutorials already, but I didn't really benefit from them. I'm just gonna make sigs MY way for now. Hopefully I'll get better.

Allie

If you need help learning a few interesting tricks in GIMP, I can show you a few things from my experience; but not how to make sigs in its entirety.

In my sigs that I go srs on I usually don't use C4Ds, for example, I use stocks and random pictures found off google with random filters on them, such as the one I posted a few days ago.
They make interesting effects that I can either choose to use or not use.

--that said, a good sig will take hours, less if you completely know what you're doing, what you're aiming for, or if you get lucky and it looks great before you're completely done.

KillerPig

September 12, 2011, 10:48:49 PM #8 Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:49:35 PM by KillerPig
Quote from: Allie on September 12, 2011, 10:40:48 PM
If you need help learning a few interesting tricks in GIMP, I can show you a few things from my experience; but not how to make sigs in its entirety.

Thanks for the offer, but like I said, I wanna do this my way. (I'm being stubborn here)

Quote from: Allie on September 12, 2011, 10:40:48 PM
In my sigs that I go srs on I usually don't use C4Ds, for example, I use stocks and random pictures found off google with random filters on them, such as the one I posted a few days ago.
They make interesting effects that I can either choose to use or not use.

I'll try that out sometime...

zomniethe4

If your new start with a smaller canvas. That was you won't have to worry about so much space.
Also you said you were looking at tips but it doesn't look like you were.

Zom

KillerPig

September 12, 2011, 11:54:01 PM #10 Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:56:33 PM by KillerPig

Didn't want to make too many topics to I "merged" two of them. Took zom's suggestion and made the canvas smaller.

Allie

I use 400x150.
Try that.

no blending at all, looks like a blastoise pasted on a background that's not even good enough to be ripped off google.
imo.

Try taking the background and doing some filters on it, put it in the foreground in front of the blastoise and put it in a nice place.

Allie

Quote from: KillerPig on September 12, 2011, 11:54:01 PM

Didn't want to make too many topics to I "merged" two of them. Took zom's suggestion and made the canvas smaller.

Couldn't resist.

KillerPig

kev453

Google bubble and fractal C4D renders, download a crap load of them and you're already a better GFXer ^^
btw my ign is Kletz from your sig thread. Np for the sig.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-