May 03, 2024, 07:28:34 AMLatest Member: 1bdirejiz
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Yz, what mixer do you have?

Yz, what mixer do you have?

Started by xbaras, September 16, 2012, 03:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xbaras

Seeing what remixes you have put onto YouTube has gotten me interested in using a DJ mixer myself.

What brand do you have? How hard is it to use a DJ? What else do you need to make remixes? Any recommendations? Are DJ machines / mixers worth their price? What brands shouldn't I buy?

123bomb123

dude don't follow in the steps of tricky.

you needa follow poke da gawd
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

Pokeh

September 16, 2012, 03:41:20 AM #2 Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 03:50:24 AM by Pokeh
yes and dont forget to drop the bass

on a serious note, you won't get far unless your willing to play for parties and move your equipment around a lot and travel. + the cost for dj gear is pretty expensive so you should have like a semesters worth of college money at least to spare >_<

Yz

Quote from: Pokeh on September 16, 2012, 03:41:20 AM
yes and dont forget to drop the bass

on a serious note, you won't get far unless your willing to play for parties and move your equipment around a lot and travel. + the cost for dj gear is pretty expensive so you should have like a semesters worth of college money at least to spare >_<

DJs get successful easier, and faster

To answer your question I have spent about $7,300 on my entire set.

I have 3 mixers, one being a primary mixer, the other two being controller alternatives. Controllers are mixers with CDJs built in one, but are much more limited than a full deck. They are much cheaper as well, and easier to use by far.

My mixer is a Pioneer DJM-700 ($1,050). My controllers = Numark Mixtrack Pro ($370) and Pioneer DDJ Ergo ($560).

If you are interesting in mixing you should download Virtual DJ before you buy any hardware.'

Soo brand = Pioneer, Numark
"A DJ" is a person not some kind of machinery lol. But to be a DJ, it's very difficult for the first few months before you don't really know what you're doing. I'm a year into it now and I have nowhere to go but up. I don't make remixes, I can make bootlegs which is basically the exact same thing but you would need programs like Sony Acid Pro or Fruity Loops. DJ items are worth their price if you intend to make it a life hobby. I don't know about any particular bad brands.
DISCORD killyzkill

Scythe

Don't think, feel

leapman

I use my djballslap x390 v.2 which I use to produce the famous slap of the balls.
<br />http://mrbreadmaker.ga<br /><br />SC: breadstickmaker<br />EGK #Aphrodite<br />

Pokeh

>a dj is a person not some kind of machinery

ya butvyou cant dj without putting good money in your equipment >_>

unless your gonna start off as a computrr dj and mess around with vdj which u should do before buying real gear

Yz

Quote from: Pokeh on September 16, 2012, 01:57:54 PM
>a dj is a person not some kind of machinery

ya butvyou cant dj without putting good money in your equipment >_>

unless your gonna start off as a computrr dj and mess around with vdj which u should do before buying real gear

Which is wut you should do, and you don't have to invest good money if you're just gonna do smalltime parties all your life for friends. You could make like $300 every few weeks with some crappy $200 controller if enough people know you and want you.
DISCORD killyzkill

Pokeh

ah. im only going by this with futureshop dj prices and experience with irl friends who wanted to dj.

you should factor in aussi's inflation too btw xab, you might get stuff cheaper. Maybe settle for even used stuff

Yz

Quote from: Pokeh on September 16, 2012, 02:07:26 PM
ah. im only going by this with futureshop dj prices and experience with irl friends who wanted to dj.

you should factor in aussi's inflation too btw xab, you might get stuff cheaper. Maybe settle for even used stuff

hey, as long as it works :P
DISCORD killyzkill

hawk5005

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-