May 02, 2024, 04:48:42 PMLatest Member: ThomasAlefs
BoutCheetah » Forum » Competitive Game » Raids » Ross' Raid team

Ross' Raid team

Started by Rossbach, October 09, 2013, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thornz

Quote from: Reviax on December 08, 2013, 04:39:10 PM
Quote from: Thornz on December 08, 2013, 04:37:13 PM
So have you guys accepted that 235 is impossible yet? The rest of us that log at weird times and can't organize good raid groups are pretty much doomed to a fate of never getting rt2 or rt3 :/
No sector is impossible if Ross is doing it. =P
Oh cool, so 235 is the "rt2 parts for Ross n friends" level ::)

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

JustRK

Quote from: Thornz on December 08, 2013, 04:45:15 PM
Quote from: Reviax on December 08, 2013, 04:39:10 PM
Quote from: Thornz on December 08, 2013, 04:37:13 PM
So have you guys accepted that 235 is impossible yet? The rest of us that log at weird times and can't organize good raid groups are pretty much doomed to a fate of never getting rt2 or rt3 :/
No sector is impossible if Ross is doing it. =P

Well allie projected that we would be able to finish this raid "in a couple months"  and as far as progress is concerned, farthest I've personally been in was wave 3. It has been pretty tough thus far organizing though, but I guess this is just another one of those tests.

Allie

Quote from: JustRK on December 08, 2013, 04:49:33 PM
Well allie projected that we would be able to finish this raid "in a couple months"  and as far as progress is concerned, farthest I've personally been in was wave 3. It has been pretty tough thus far organizing though, but I guess this is just another one of those tests.

Block 3 is simple if done right, and block 4 is arguably (sorta) the easiest block.
Block 5 is a hundred times harder than the rest, combined.
Based off this, it can be argued that the same week we can down block 3 on a consistent scale, block 4 will go down too.
We get to block 3 consistently every week, so I'd say we're maybe, 3 weeks off from getting to the fifth block, at least once. Two if we didn't cancel this week.

And thats the last block. I've discussed with ross that it'll be a long way, but it doesn't need a nerf yet. We'll likely nerf it once we get the first kill, and maybe distribute RT2 to everyone in the room. Then it'll get a nerf so other groups can do it easier, but still difficult (though obviously with a normal, two boxes per kill loot table).

Thornz

Quote from: Allie on December 08, 2013, 05:08:15 PM
Quote from: JustRK on December 08, 2013, 04:49:33 PM
Well allie projected that we would be able to finish this raid "in a couple months"  and as far as progress is concerned, farthest I've personally been in was wave 3. It has been pretty tough thus far organizing though, but I guess this is just another one of those tests.

Block 3 is simple if done right, and block 4 is arguably (sorta) the easiest block.
Block 5 is a hundred times harder than the rest, combined.
Based off this, it can be argued that the same week we can down block 3 on a consistent scale, block 4 will go down too.
We get to block 3 consistently every week, so I'd say we're maybe, 3 weeks off from getting to the fifth block, at least once. Two if we didn't cancel this week.

And thats the last block. I've discussed with ross that it'll be a long way, but it doesn't need a nerf yet. We'll likely nerf it once we get the first kill, and maybe distribute RT2 to everyone in the room. Then it'll get a nerf so other groups can do it easier, but still difficult (though obviously with a normal, two boxes per kill loot table).

What you refer to as blocks are what Ross calls waves? So block 5 is the boss wave?

Not pants

Allie

Quote from: Thornz on December 08, 2013, 05:23:06 PM
What you refer to as blocks are what Ross calls waves? So block 5 is the boss wave?

yeah, they're known in administration (as named by n-log) as blocks.

Thornz

Quote from: Allie on December 08, 2013, 05:40:57 PM

Oh wow, so you guys are pretty darn close if you only have block 5 left. What's the boss? And does someone have a screenie of block 5?

Not pants

Selene

JustRK

Quote from: Thornz on December 08, 2013, 06:24:11 PM
Quote from: Allie on December 08, 2013, 05:40:57 PM

Oh wow, so you guys are pretty darn close if you only have block 5 left. What's the boss? And does someone have a screenie of block 5?

We're on block 3  :P  she was just saying if and when we can familiarize ourselves with block 3 then we would be theoretically be able to finish block 4 in the same week due to it being fairly easy in comparison.  

Rossbach

December 09, 2013, 12:20:49 AM #98 Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 12:39:25 AM by Rossbach
235 is easy as fk as long as you have people who can understand basics.  Sadly there is only Ross, and Med who are good and can understand things, then there is Allie who can at least understand stuff unlike everyone else.  ::)

Most of the people in the raid group still cant figure out how to combo Kow or position themselves not get hit by a gun.... There does not need to be players as skilled as Ross for this level, as if you have 8 people they each have a simple and easy role to do. Not like ur trying to solo this with a lv  1 or something . Only skills required is the ability to position yourself properly, and inf combo.

Ross wants it to be buffed, heck 235 is flawed and more easy than Ross wanted it to be. He left out a lot of challenging stuff he could of put in it, as well as 235 allows multiple places where you can stand and not get hit. There is a flaw where Kow can go around the turret. Wave 2, 3, 4, and 5 was "nerfed" in Ross' plans on what he wanted it to be like, as Allie claimed those things would be unfair and too hard.

First people were crying that Sector is too easy (221), and how no matter what you do in the end it will end up easy, yet when Ross makes a mid level difficulty map everyone is like fk this, impossible.  ::)

Quote from: Thornz on December 08, 2013, 04:45:15 PM

Holy fk, people just need to get better at this game...

Omnomnom eating toast.

Allie

There was also a mechanic that was scrapped at the last second cause we ran out of time....
........>_>....that mechanic would not have been fun.

Rossbach

December 09, 2013, 12:45:15 AM #100 Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 12:56:07 AM by Rossbach
Quote from: Allie on December 09, 2013, 12:37:13 AM
There was also a mechanic that was scrapped at the last second cause we ran out of time....
........>_>....that mechanic would not have been fun.

We need to add that back, it makes 3rd wave 70% more easy (wave 3 was made more easy in order to make up for the mechanic and never had time to change it up (wasted spawn spots that could be used for mobs like Mel / cannon)), and last wave 50000% more easy. There may be a safe spot in the last wave because of this.

Plus there was that super big bo---- mechanic that makes last wave 100000% more harder than it is... Ok this is probably an exaggeration but oh well.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

sirhamtaro

y people not know how to sector if they do it all the time

JustRK

Quote from: sirhamtaro on December 09, 2013, 04:21:26 AM

Perhaps people do know the basics to sector, but don't fine tune their mechanics. Anyone can infinite combo, but the timing and placement for each level is something to be mastered.

Ex.  most 221+ can solo 239 hard, but most of them need hp/rb because they don't know how to time stonebat's attacks and block accordingly.

221 raid is also a good example. There are a bunch of full TD patches out there, but not all of them can carry a game solo because they rely too much on not being able to take damage that they get sloppy.  ::) this happens to me when I'm lazy

Rossbach

December 09, 2013, 10:56:20 PM #103 Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 11:01:11 PM by Rossbach
Quote from: sirhamtaro on December 09, 2013, 04:21:26 AM

So mysterious.... Ross' idea:

They do not know how to Sector properly because there was no need to Sector properly. Plus sector is way too easy. Basically everyone just stacks them self full of TD so they are hidden under a bunch of 0 hits, use HP / RB drops, use Leech skill, and take like 30 mins to fail combo (/orjustupeprspamlikeafktard) a Kow / Code. Plus for raid you do have to actually do it fairly fast, you can't spend 30 mins  upper spamming a single mob to death (/there are exceptions where it is faster on high level mobs(ignoring low level mobs that you can 1/2/3hit) but there is only 2 tho (well 1 as one of them you can lure mobs properly)). They stand on pillars so they don't get hit by anything etc, which tbh is fine 235 raid includes it (sadly), however they do it all the time, they don't know how to position them self properly, or to avoid an attack (such as a gunners bullet, Code spinning, Kow drilling, etc). It is so funny when Ross watches people in Raid doing this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------wall
blank (safe spot)  
                                 Canon (Shoots all 4 ways)
blank (safe spot)                                                                         Cher
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------wall

You may ask, so where do they stand...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------wall
blank (safe spot)  
    Right here         Canon (Shoots all 4 ways)
blank (safe spot)                                                                         Cher
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------wall

Ok, yes you can stand / run there if you jump over the bullets.... But it seems they can't....  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Thornz

Quote from: Rossbach on December 09, 2013, 10:56:20 PM

You may ask, so where do they stand...

blank (safe spot)  
    Right here         Canon (Shoots all 4 ways)

lol

Not pants

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-