May 03, 2024, 10:50:29 AMLatest Member: 1bdirejiz
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » It turns out... (more wow)

It turns out... (more wow)

Started by Allie, October 11, 2013, 05:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie

You can survive Fury of Frostmourne.

paranoia

October 11, 2013, 05:06:46 PM #1 Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 06:48:33 PM by paranoia
You must really love this game with all your heart. :o I wanna play with yah :'( too bad I can't handle yah skills.
EGK!

Cooky

paranoia

EGK!

loewe98

Cooky

Allie

Quote from: paranoia on October 11, 2013, 06:59:45 PM
Whats your best items?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Area%2052/ryura/advanced

Purple

I still don't get why some people like wow so much.

^**** im special xd

Allie

Quote from: Purple on October 11, 2013, 07:16:31 PM

im surprised to hear that from you. i dont get why some people like minecraft so much. or whatever else game you like.
Horrible to basically say, "I don't like it, I don't see anyone else does", especially to a game like WoW.

Purple

Quote from: Allie on October 11, 2013, 07:18:35 PM
Quote from: Purple on October 11, 2013, 07:16:31 PM

im surprised to hear that from you. i dont get why some people like minecraft so much. or whatever else game you like.
Horrible to basically say, "I don't like it, I don't see anyone else does", especially to a game like WoW.
I'm genuinely curious as to why people still play wow, though. There just seems to be better alternatives, I mean it shows in the amount of subscribers, but a lot of people still play and I kind of wanna know where the appeal's coming from.

^**** im special xd

Allie

I've tried alternatives. There are no better alternatives, and I say this being as open as I possibly could.
FF14 appealed to me as an alternative that may surpass it. I tried it, I'm a nice leveled white mage, it just doesn't feel as good.

You will never get anything better from the MMORPG industry (everyquest-clones) than WoW is. The dropping subscribers are not because the game has gotten boring, it's because you can't play a game for 8 years and expect it to still be as fresh as it was when you first started.

It's not because content is weaker. In fact, raids in pandaland are probably by far the most active with the most mechanics, due to add-ons such as DBM causing zerg raids to no longer be plausible by a non-derp group. It's because players have played the same game for 8 years and are no longer enjoying it. You get bored of something you do for 8 years. You can't blame a game giant such as blizzard for not making a total revamp in how the game is played, given it'd cause more to quit than it'd bring in (as proven by jagex).

Purple

As far as i'm aware ff14 sucks in terms of pretty much everything except for the story.

Anyway, I don't think the drop in subscribers is purely because the older players have gotten bored of it. It seems like the drop is too big for it to just be that. Then again I wouldn't know as I haven't played WoW.

^**** im special xd

Allie

Quote from: Purple on October 11, 2013, 07:43:43 PM
As far as i'm aware ff14 sucks in terms of pretty much everything except for the story.

Anyway, I don't think the drop in subscribers is purely because the older players have gotten bored of it. It seems like the drop is too big for it to just be that. Then again I wouldn't know as I haven't played WoW.

Your opinion would change if you experienced end-game.
I guarantee it. It always does.

Purple

Quote from: Allie on October 11, 2013, 07:45:17 PM

I don't feel like an end-game is worth it if getting to the end-game is a bad experience.

^**** im special xd

Allie

Quote from: Purple on October 11, 2013, 07:47:02 PM
Quote from: Allie on October 11, 2013, 07:45:17 PM

I don't feel like an end-game is worth it if getting to the end-game is a bad experience.

It's not. There's actually a content-filled plethora of ways to level up, in a very enjoyable manner.
After all, it has to be, for people to make it to end-game.

It's fun enough, anyway, for me to have 6 maxed levels.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-