May 21, 2024, 10:42:03 AMLatest Member: masagnik1226
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » Membership Codes [implemented]

Membership Codes [implemented]

Started by Surgeypurgey, January 11, 2012, 12:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surgeypurgey

January 11, 2012, 12:47:27 AM Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 02:36:22 PM by Surgeypurgey
I don't like how you need someone's password in order to give them membership.. You can't really trust anyone on the internet when it comes to your password. So I suggest that you guys should implement a "Give Someone A Membership" button. When you click on it, it brings you to a page with the default payment options + a name input to put the receiver's name. When the person buys it, it gives them a code. After that, they email/IM/whisper across BC the code. Then the other player who received the code does this:

1. Logs in to the website

2. Clicks "Membership"

3. Clicks the button "Got A Membership Code? Redeem It Here!"

4. Copy+Pastes/Writes down manually the code

5. Clicks Redeem, says "Your membership code was successfully redeemed!" if it is fake/wrong, it ends up saying "Your membership code was invalid. Try again?" Try again would lead to a link back to redeeming page.

If they give the membership to someone else other than the person that was SUPPOSED to be given the code, the "someone else" uses the code, but it says "This code belongs to ------. You cannot use it.". If the OTHER person that was SUPPOSED to be given the code uses it, then it will be successful.

So, anyone agree with me? Cause I think this would be GREAT.

asmit10

Quote from: cybercjt on May 27, 2012, 02:27:31 PM
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh
The internet is a great place to grow up. Just make sure you keep growing.

cybercjt

Normal / Low
IGN: LT.Surge / Psycho_Patch
Level: 172 / 7
Guild: None / None

Thx to Pig for the Raichu sig. :D

Badass PvPer I guess so.. XD

Pokeh

and the codes couldn't be stolen by other people to get free membership either :$

make it so you input the ign of the person your giving it to too or something? :/

asmit10

Quote from: Pokeh on January 11, 2012, 12:55:12 AM
and the codes couldn't be stolen by other people to get free membership either :$

make it so you input the ign of the person your giving it to too or something? :/

If someone steals your code, then you gave it to them.

Just make it like a 8 - 12 digit code from a - z A - Z 1 - 9
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh

Pokeh

still make it more secure. people are stupid.

Surgeypurgey

January 11, 2012, 01:21:38 AM #7 Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:24:22 AM by Surgeypurgey
Quote from: Pokeh on January 11, 2012, 12:55:12 AM

that too ^

If they give the membership to someone else other than the person that was SUPPOSED to be given the code, the "someone else" uses the code, but it says "This code belongs to ------. You cannot use it.". If the OTHER person that was SUPPOSED to be given the code uses it, then it will be successful.

sasuke6548

Gramps

^^meaty, muncay, zom & kenny <3

Surgeypurgey

still, i can't believe the community never thought of something this simple.. i mean like, MINECRAFT uses the same thing for people who want to give their friends minecraft!

eco999

Wow. You wrote the exact same thing it says on minecraft AND GUESS WHAT SURGEY I PLAY ON MERCS SERVER :O :O :O?

KillerPig

January 11, 2012, 10:44:20 PM #12 Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 10:46:21 PM by KillerPig
where would we get the codes? would kenny generate some and give them out to those who bought one?

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

asmit10

It would have to randomly generate a code, and register the code as valid.
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh

KillerPig

idk

might be a little complicated ;o

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-