May 20, 2024, 04:27:40 AMLatest Member: Russellnom
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » Censor in the Lobby?

Censor in the Lobby?

Started by KillerPig, June 15, 2011, 04:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillerPig

I don't think this has been suggested, mainly because I haven't seen it been implemented. But cursing in the lobby has become a big problem. I do as much as I can to stop it, but when I leave the lobby to do something, I am bombarded with complaints of flaming, harassing, and cursing. I'm thinking of sort of like something in the 'ole BOTS, where if you tried to curse, the message wouldn't send through.

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Meteor

I agree.People can pretty much say whatever they want and too much flaming in-game isn't good at all.

(click to show/hide)

Meta

Are you two serious? QQing over people who ****ING curse to start a "flame war"

come on guys, grow up... you act like you guys don't curse irl and in game

NeoKiller

So you guys wanna tell me you feel bad or/and sad if someone curses ?

zepher2211

I can start a flame war without cursing O-o watch: (not really flaming giving an example)
"You're the most immature little prick I have ever met" < Something noobs get pissed at
Powersurge
Headstrong

Meta

Quote from: NeoKiller on June 15, 2011, 09:03:39 AM

I get cursed out all the time, you don't see me QQ to anyone about it, as I said, grow up, cursing is nothing.

NeoKiller

Quote from: Meta on June 15, 2011, 09:49:08 AM
Quote from: NeoKiller on June 15, 2011, 09:03:39 AM

I get cursed out all the time, you don't see me QQ to anyone about it, as I said, grow up, cursing is nothing.
Thats what I meant :)

Yz

People who are offended by the word "****" shouldn't be allowed to have a mouth
DISCORD killyzkill

KillerPig

Quote from: Meta on June 15, 2011, 07:37:59 AM

I'm not saying that I don't have my moments when I get extremely pissed off, but some people just take it to a different level. It's annoying to get whispers in the middle of a base game saying, "Pig, plzzz help, _____ keeps harassing me through whisper." and "Plzz help Pig, ___ keeps cursing in lobby, can you kix him?"

Yz

Quote from: killerpig on June 15, 2011, 11:29:50 AM

I'm not saying that I don't have my moments when I get extremely pissed off, but some people just take it to a different level. It's annoying to get whispers in the middle of a base game saying, "Pig, plzzz help, _____ keeps harassing me through whisper." and "Plzz help Pig, ___ keeps cursing in lobby, can you kix him?"

Shouldn't have signed up for the job. You knew the risks, every staff in every game has gone through noob-control. Even with no cussing.
DISCORD killyzkill

KillerPig

Quote from: Tricky on June 15, 2011, 11:53:09 AM
Quote from: killerpig on June 15, 2011, 11:29:50 AM

Shouldn't have signed up for the job. You knew the risks, every staff in every game has gone through noob-control. Even with no cussing.

But no cussing would make every Mod's job a lot easier. That's what I'm trying to say.

Yz

I recognize that, but with some people if they're restricted to swear they'll try to insult without swearing just as good as they could if they swore.. got me?

And I typed pink there to see if it's easy to read and it was, gtho muncay >;/
DISCORD killyzkill

NeoKiller

Censoring doesn't help at all, people will just write "fack" instead of "****" or "fuuuck" or "fu.ck"

Meta

Quote from: NeoKiller on June 15, 2011, 11:57:39 AM
Censoring doesn't help at all, people will just write "fack" instead of "****" or "fuuuck" or "fu.ck"

or FFFFF

KillerPig

Good point Neo, but the censor will at least alert people that it shouldn't be done.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-