May 10, 2024, 04:10:23 AMLatest Member: SSunchip
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » Merging servers.

Merging servers.

Started by FalseProphet, July 20, 2014, 04:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FalseProphet

Is there anyway of merging the bots zylon server into the bc server as a 3rd channel? I mean this is crazy to even ask as to think about everything that would need to be done, and i don't know the half of it ha.

Just curious if it's possible, and would ever be a future possibility?
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^ / FalseProphet

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

BlackStickre

Quote from: FalseProphet on July 20, 2014, 04:37:23 AM
Is there anyway of merging the bots zylon server into the bc server as a 3rd channel? I mean this is crazy to even ask as to think about everything that would need to be done, and i don't know the half of it ha.

Why would you want that?  :o

-Speedy-

Quote from: BlackStickre on July 20, 2014, 05:39:58 AM

Easier then downloading two clients and saves time if u wanna be on both for logging in and out. plus it will bring the games together.

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

FalseProphet

Quote from: -Speedy- on July 20, 2014, 05:41:52 AM
Quote from: BlackStickre on July 20, 2014, 05:39:58 AM

Easier then downloading two clients and saves time if u wanna be on both for logging in and out. plus it will bring the games together.

^.

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

BlackStickre

In that case, this is an awesome idea however they wouldn't ever add something like that because it's probly -to much work-

Cooky

bots has its own forum and client so at this point, I don't see it happened even if possible

if it was something they wanted to do they would have made it part of bc from the start

FalseProphet

Quote from: Cooky on July 20, 2014, 06:15:09 AM
bots has its own forum and client so at this point, I don't see it happened even if possible

if it was something they wanted to do they would have made it part of bc from the start

I understand where your coming from just thought of it as an idea, just rather than having x2 seperate games which are pretty much the same to an extent. I mean i love playing both.

qolderman

Quote from: Cooky on July 20, 2014, 06:15:09 AM

IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

Meteor

I don't think you realize how different the two games are and how much would need to be done in order for such thing to work.

(click to show/hide)

Cooky

Quote from: Meteor on July 20, 2014, 08:19:04 AM
I don't think you realize how different the two games are and how much would need to be done in order for such thing to work.

eh  bc almost merged with another server before that was pretty similar to bots didn't they? I recall things being said like 'u would be able to login then pick which version u wanted to play'

but im sure its a lot more complicated than that

I think it might be possible, who knows

Pokeh

different sites and forums (even tho thats dead) so not really best course of action

JustRK

Just like you can launch any of your steam games from one client, it would be nice to update and launch from one Zylon client as well. As for fusing the channels I honestly feel like that would be neat just for the sole reason that you don't have to close and relaunch.

They could allocate the third channel to connect to the bots dedicated server and not the bc server. I think people are just so used to being skeptical and saying that "it's too much work" though in reality there are so many possibilities.

Sure only few will ever see the light of day, but it's bold suggestions like this that we need  ;D

FalseProphet

Can always trust RK to keep positive;).

FalseProphet

Plus reckon it might be more simplistic sticking everything on this forum so any problems etc can all be dealt with in one place as-well as the fact singing up to the game as both use the same log in's anyhow and just reckon it might be more beneficial.

But at the same point i see what Meteor was saying, as i don't have the slightest idea about these things and how long, or how much would need to be done for it to work.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-