May 03, 2024, 04:22:26 AMLatest Member: Clydepaf
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » Adopt A Newbie - Start a Guild Foundation

Adopt A Newbie - Start a Guild Foundation

Started by Yz, January 08, 2015, 03:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yz

January 08, 2015, 03:39:23 PM Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 04:03:01 PM by Madprox
Yo guys. This year we've been on a steady slope, losing a lot of players. I wanna add some new goals & activies, but more importantly, get some new players, keep them very interested, help them out & give them some sweet goals & motivation. This isn't an event as I plan to keep it going for as long as I can.

I don't mind if this isn't very successful, but hopefully it benefits some.

For any Vets reading this, the Start a Guild Foundation will not apply to you making a Guild full of alts/friends alts

Adopt a Newbie
Play with someone new and post here that they're your buddy. Post about their progress as they go into the game and you'll both get prizes depending on how much progress is made. It doesn't matter if they're your friend or if they're completely new, it just can't be an alt, it has to be a real person and it has to be agreed upon by you both. Teach them about the game and help them get to our level.

If you yourself are new to the game and wanting to find a Mentor, just post here!

Prizes are to be determined, but most likely coin items for the newbie and gigas for the mentor.

Rules & Requirements
The Mentor must be at least level 225
Anyone under 225 can be on the buddy list
If you're above level 225 but don't really understand the game then you should avoid applying though
You can unbuddy any time
No alts or you'll be considered scamming

Ways of progression I'd like to see are-
How many gigas they have
How many coins they have
How much GP they've made in their guild
How much EXP they've gained
Any rares they've gotten? And which ones?

So make an open Sector room and grind some newbies today if you wanna make some easy money and help out the game. If Yz or Max see you in a room playing with more than 3 (-200 lvl) players, you'll get a reward for it as well.

Start your Guild now
Did starting your guild drain your bank? Struggling to get those sweet Luck & EXP buffs?
WhoAaAAa look no furtherI'm going to help all aspiring Guild creators to get it done and get their Guild started.
Sign your new guild up here and I'll outright give you a year coin item. Post your guild progress here for some gigas, coins or items to give to your guildies.

You can start a new Guild and buddy up with the new players, enriching both of yourselves and getting the community going while powering the Guild itself as well. I'll list all the new guilds with their ambitions on this page as well if anyone wants to register.

Rules & Requirements
The Guild can't be in the top 30 to register
You have to have ambition to get it big
Keep me updated on memberlists & GP gains
Keep me updated on co-leaders
Not absolutely required but it'd be nice to make a Guild thread
This is for all modes. Send me screenshots of your Guild in Sector, PvP & BvB rooms for potential prizes, also show your total GP for the 3 modes. Raw GP isn't the requirement but being active is

So maybe now's the time to start a Guild & get some support. Just make sure you're staying active.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More is definitely going to come & I'd like to encourage some more PvP at some stage if this takes off. It shouldn't be hard, it's easy to make an open room and play with some new guys - help them find their stride and even help them out if they make their own Guild or something.

Everyone try & get the word out ingame please. When I first made Utopia after the guild wipe it was just a guild for Shass to train new players and most of them stuck with the game for a while because they enjoyed being mentored by an experienced player. If you feel like helping me out, helping the game out or just participating in general then you're very welcome to PM me any suggestions, offerings or sign up for one of the ideas with a newbie/new guild.
DISCORD killyzkill

Madprox

January 08, 2015, 03:42:12 PM #1 Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 11:31:38 PM by Madprox
Any progress towards this can also be sent over to me via in-game chat or PM on forums.

And yes, much more will be introduced, so spread the word, and keep an eye out.
2015 wil be the year we sit together and give it all we have for you guys.

I'll open up Legend. again for this.
This guild is mine and I'll use it for newbies who look for a guild to feel home in.
Legend. has LUCK and EXP buff.

If you want to join or know a newbie that needs a guild,  let me know via PM or in game :)

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Cooky

sounds awesome i love the effort you are putting into trying to help the game

STC Zero

ANARCHY is open now so any newbie can come ANARCHY and join Thornz's Guild :D

Hope the newbies can come and enjoy the guild activities :)

qolderman

this is so nice of you guys, yz and max :D

i might aswell participate to help some low lvls
IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

loewe

The game is on hes end and it had hes great times.. Let it for how it is..

Yz

Quote from: loewe on January 08, 2015, 05:25:41 PM

Just because you quit doesn't mean everyone else has stopped playing. There's still a lot of people who appreciate and actively play the game and I'm doing this for them.
DISCORD killyzkill

Madprox

Quote from: loewe on January 08, 2015, 05:25:41 PM
This is also not the right place to express your negativity.

Xkiller712

Um yesterday I leveled "TheNoobster" from lvl 139-200 and I'm probably gonna get him to 225 today if he's online

Yz

Quote from: Xkiller712 on January 08, 2015, 07:18:48 PM
Um yesterday I leveled "TheNoobster" from lvl 139-200 and I'm probably gonna get him to 225 today if he's online

did you get him into a guild? is he gonna stick around and keep playing with ya?
DISCORD killyzkill

english

January 08, 2015, 07:52:23 PM #10 Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 07:58:40 PM by english
Let me know if i can help in anyway
I have space for the noobster in Prestigious guild. If he wants to join tell him to apply and il add him. We have exp buff.
He will be well looked after and will be joining a fun happy guild.
This also applies to anyone else searching for a guild. Just apply and il add you in.

Yz

Quote from: english on January 08, 2015, 07:52:23 PM

letting anyone in your rooms is a good way if you don't do that already, and hopefully they'll chat with you/anyone else in the room and feel more welcome in the game
DISCORD killyzkill

Xkiller712

Quote from: Yz on January 08, 2015, 07:49:30 PM
Quote from: Xkiller712 on January 08, 2015, 07:18:48 PM

did you get him into a guild? is he gonna stick around and keep playing with ya?
i'm trying to get him into utopia, and yeah

Madprox

Last few replies is pretty much what I'm doing it for.
couple veterans working together to make newbies feel welcomed.

Thx boys.
Edited my first post.

Xkiller712

Quote from: Madprox on January 08, 2015, 11:28:55 PM

Thx boys.
Edited my first post.
no problem mate, I think its great that you and Yz are doing this, one of the best events created imo :).
Anyways, get in game and play with me! :D

Madprox

Quote from: Xkiller712 on January 08, 2015, 11:56:46 PM

Thx boys.
Edited my first post.
no problem mate, I think its great that you and Yz are doing this, one of the best events created imo :).
not really an event,more like a thing we just started that'll be around forever.

I would if i could,but I'm at work currently bruh

opuiq3

I would say the min lvl for a mentor should be 221 cuz of rt1 but I guess 225 is good too.

Anyway, cool thing you have going on.

^yw allie

Xkiller712

Quote from: Madprox on January 08, 2015, 11:58:49 PM
Quote from: Xkiller712 on January 08, 2015, 11:56:46 PM

Thx boys.
Edited my first post.
not really an event,more like a thing we just started that'll be around forever.

I would if i could,but I'm at work currently bruh
Maybe I meant this is the best event in time ;)

Robocop7ant

I have space for the noobster in Prestigious guild. If he wants to join tell him to apply and il add him. We have exp buff.
This also applies to anyone else searching for a guild. Just apply and il add you in.
Yes, and when this is full or you want another guild or something, i got a guild named Shadow Fighters,  got luck buff and exp buff :)
<br />

Xkiller712

Quote from: Robocop7ant on January 09, 2015, 05:13:17 AM
Yes, and when this is full or you want another guild or something, i got a guild named Shadow Fighters,  got luck buff and exp buff :)
Ok I'll let him know next time I see him @Baggie and Robo

KillerPig

i dont think this will do any good tbh
trying to bring new players to bc is like trying to make 8 year olds today play the original pokemon games

lets be honest 90% of the people who play bc are only playing for bots nostalgia
i think u should focus on bringing old players back

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Yz

Quote from: KillerPig on January 10, 2015, 02:43:47 AM
i dont think this will do any good tbh
trying to bring new players to bc is like trying to make 8 year olds today play the original pokemon games

lets be honest 90% of the people who play bc are only playing for bots nostalgia
i think u should focus on bringing old players back

Heaps of new people are always finding the bots server, seeing it's dead and come here - but can't find anyone to play with and get kicked from popular leeching rooms. By new players, that's what I meant, and those players come in pretty frequently.

But how would you suggest getting old players back?
DISCORD killyzkill

Bubbabear

Have to agree with the nostalgia feel, but even that is losing it's touch at times this new raid set and stuff i mean it's change and evolution which games need after time but be nice to have some classic things in the game also. I remember helping a few people, believe it or not Jet was one of them. I remember that he got me month membership just for letting him into my rooms since nobody else would let a low level in. (can't remember how long ago this was). But we all know he's still here, so it pays to help people out but don't expect anything in return, just do it for the fun and to have a laugh.
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

KillerPig

Quote from: Yz on January 10, 2015, 03:04:32 AM
But how would you suggest getting old players back?
updates would be nice but thats not really possible

things that will bring back the players who got bored of grinding all the time:
tournaments, prizes, events

knightofms

Quote from: Madprox on January 08, 2015, 03:42:12 PM
Any progress towards this can also be sent over to me via in-game chat or PM on forums.

And yes, much more will be introduced, so spread the word, and keep an eye out.
2015 wil be the year we sit together and give it all we have for you guys.

I'll open up Legend. again for this.
This guild is mine and I'll use it for newbies who look for a guild to feel home in.
Legend. has LUCK and EXP buff.

If you want to join or know a newbie that needs a guild,  let me know via PM or in game :)

ME :) I need a guild :)

Cooky

Quote from: knightofms on January 10, 2015, 07:32:13 AM
ME :) I need a guild :)

this is for newbs to join guilds

you arent a newb so if you want to join guild please send pm or post on that guild thread instead

Madprox

Quote from: KillerPig on January 10, 2015, 04:17:35 AM
tournaments, prizes, events
Me and Yz are currently working on that, would you want to skype me your ideas possbly?
If so, please send me your skype in a PM.

STC Zero

well as i know i have 2 guild open right now

Anarchy and Byzantium so any newbie who want join please let me know In game or pm me on forums :D

LightRequiem

January 10, 2015, 05:44:31 PM #28 Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 06:26:58 PM by LightRequiem
damn breh your analogy is kinda bad

the original pokemon games were very solid games and they started a revolution of sorts, and they appealed to a wide variety of people

bc imo is mostly lackluster in terms of content i'd want from a bots ps, and it really only appeals to a small number of people (i.e. sector players >_>) at this point. it's not really fun when you're in an outside group and don't even really feel like you belong with the rest of the "community." i also feel like it goes after the wrong skillset/mindset... the fact that people play so much sector and still don't have the fundamentals of this game down is baffling and downright pathetic. anyways, i feel like sector is and always has been really mediocre, and sector has aged like crazy at this point. even when i was 10, i got bored of playing sector because it's the same maps and mobs over and over and over, and adding new content to sector won't even change anything.

i can understand why some people like pvp, but meh, i feel like pvp has aged and is mechanically flawed. pvp always favors 2 things and 2 things only: speed and defensive play. lmao, i don't even consider myself a pvper, and i beat imag, the "god of pvp," 3-0 in that pvp tourney whenever that was (i think like june 2014). all i had to do was play defensively. i never even approached in any of the matches, and i won each game handily. also, there are much better 1v1 games that have more diversity, depth, and balance  (pretty much any fighting game ever, altho i have a soft spot for melee :>).  

soo... i think we all know where i'm going with this...

base is the only game that has stood the test of the time and is unique. base has depth, diversity, and balance (at least in bots acclaim it did), and it has all these neat little microgame tricks you can do. it's the only reason i will ever even lurk around this community at this point. however, the bvb community is really inactive, so i generally need to get texted/skyped to actually play a good, challenging match. i don't want to just play base... i want good matches. if i wanted to play against really bad players in 1v1s or 2v2s, i could log on right now, but it honestly isn't enjoyable to me. i don't enjoy bopping really bad players on alts with little effort. games where you play against human opponents are supposed to be challenging, and frankly, most people are way too easy. this is a large reason why I generally only stop by during the Christmas season because it takes waaaaaay too long to get any good players to have a 3v3/4v4 match in bvb, and i get bored of waiting after a few weeks of it...

i find it hard to believe that people don't share a similar mentality, but meh, what can you do?

/end rant
my $0.02

Yz

like i said, just people just wanna chill and don't care about depth. but i can agree with base being an actually good game mode that could probably blow up if focused on. **** you could probably make a bots ps and only have base in it and people would love it
DISCORD killyzkill

Madprox

Quote from: Yz on January 10, 2015, 06:53:17 PM
i can agree with base being an actually good game mode that could probably blow up if focused on.
I'm going for that effect in 2015!!

KillerPig

Quote from: Madprox on January 11, 2015, 03:22:48 PM
Quote from: Yz on January 10, 2015, 06:53:17 PM
i can agree with base being an actually good game mode that could probably blow up if focused on.
I'm going for that effect in 2015!!
it could blow up but its gonna need updates to bring old players back and draw sectorers' attention

i talked with lyfe yesterday and we would be willing to make a legit bvb guide/video to show people the basics of base  if more people actually started to play

LightRequiem

another large problem is the huge skill gap between people who have lots of experience basing

i see people getting frustrated that they cannot do as well as me, which is stupid. i have lots of experience playing base and have a lot of knowledge about how bots works. i have played base for such a long time that i understand (and have actually created) certain ways of thinking/ways of playing. sure, i have talent for bvb, but i have reached my potential by playing so many games. only a few other people could really ever say that from bots, and only one other person on bc can say that (jake).

basically, if the games are not completely rigged in the average player's favor, they are going to lose to me. i have already reached my potential, and my opponents have not. getting beaten by experienced people is just something you have to deal with when you become good at anything. i wasn't always as good as i am... i remember getting beaten and receiving tips and pointers from gigadestroyer, pulkit, and hulk...

the point is quite simple. if you want to get good at something, ANYTHING (this applies to anything irl, too), you simply have to take some time and actually do it. if you are trying to play a difficult piano solo, the only way you will finish with a desired product is to learn the song in sections and then combine those sections until you have a cohesive product. the same thing applies here. you aren't going to understand or be able to do what experienced players can do without actually taking the time to play real matches where you don't receive any "advantages" because you are a worse player... you will never get better, EVER, and you will just become either bored, frustrated, or both and just eventually quit the game

ZeroUH

Quote from: LightRequiem on January 10, 2015, 05:44:31 PM
damn breh your analogy is kinda bad

the original pokemon games were very solid games and they started a revolution of sorts, and they appealed to a wide variety of people

I still play Pokemon Y/R and G/S sometimes with my GF. We train our teams and fight with them on Stadium 2. But why? BECAUSE IT'S FUN! There are many combinations... THESE NEW KIDS KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT GAMES AND STUFF! THEY JUST WANT GTA, COD AND SHIT LIKE IT! THEY ALL SHOULD BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN IN DA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

About Bc, it's fun but there a just a few people playing and nothing new so... yeah... hard to bring new/old players.

Madprox

Quote from: ZeroUH on January 12, 2015, 11:39:39 PMTHESE NEW KIDS KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT GAMES AND STUFF! THEY JUST WANT GTA, COD AND **** LIKE IT! THEY ALL SHOULD BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN IN DA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
I ****ing miss you bro :(

ZeroUH

Quote from: Madprox on January 13, 2015, 01:34:34 AM
Quote from: ZeroUH on January 12, 2015, 11:39:39 PMTHESE NEW KIDS KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT GAMES AND STUFF! THEY JUST WANT GTA, COD AND **** LIKE IT! THEY ALL SHOULD BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN IN DA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL!!
Same here! How is your special ban skill? Getting stronger? HUE
I ****ing miss you bro :(

Yz

Got a few people down, just keep me updated on your progress and I'll add ya to the thread.
DISCORD killyzkill

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-