May 17, 2024, 05:33:58 PMLatest Member: AlfredoHag
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Pokemon 6th generation announced! Based on NORDIC MYTHOLOGY

Pokemon 6th generation announced! Based on NORDIC MYTHOLOGY

Started by lara538, January 08, 2013, 10:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lara538

I decided to post this here dunno why(maybe cuz there are pokemon fans here:P ),u can watch the trailer here: http://pokebeach.com/
Or on youtube.
The names are Pokemon X and Pokemon Y,will be released worldwide october of this year(2013).
For 3ds,pokemons and cities 3d,now poor ppl playing pokemon showdown will be sad if they cant play that ::)

EDITED: The 2 legendaries already announced are based on nordic mythology, saw this info in a brazilian forum, the eagle represents asgard, the deer midgard(Earth) and who will complete the trio will be a snake that represents Nilfheim.
The X,Y and Z(in the future very prob) are also to represent a tridimensional graphic that can represent where the reigns are on the universe or something like that.This is the theory i saw on the forums. Maybe i forgot something not really sure.
If thats true will be other nordic mythology based pokemon besides this legendary trio,like a pkm based on sleipnir for example. Sleipmon(if some1 here knows about digimon is based on sleipnir) Also,according to this, the tree that is showed on the trailer is Igdrazil.
I think if thats true,what almost obv is, this will be a very cool pkm game.
Thanks ang and spidey for the sigs! :3

(click to show/hide)

Cooky

yea I just found out too

they are calling it pokemon X and pokemon Y  (I bet they will release a Z version which captures both elements of X and Y, like they do with almost every generation [pokemon emerald, pokemon platinum, etc]

here is more information!

ZeroUH

Cooky

Quote from: ZeroUH on January 08, 2013, 10:39:22 AM
Pokemon was good till generation 2.
I think it started going downhill after gen 3

pokemon emerald is my favorite game of all time

Yz

DISCORD killyzkill

Smash1337

I have all the first Pokemon episodes on video player.. from 1 - 22 and even the 2 movies ^^

Cooky

Quote from: Yz on January 08, 2013, 10:45:04 AM
Chespin. what the ****?

lol cheese spin

probably Selene's least favorite pokemon (she hates cheese)

Yz

DISCORD killyzkill

Frith

hmm, havnt played on pokemon in years, i like the battle animations  ::)

Cooky

lara538

I saw the trailer in a brazilian forums but i prefered dont post a brazilian forums here so i come to pokebeach and posted,btw in pokebeach is the japanese version of the trailer? if it is im sorry.
And also i think i agree with cooky, emerald was very cool,the worst pokemon designs was in 4th gen,but anyway i liked diamond a lot :P
Of all gens i think 4th is the worse.
Im not sure they'll release a pokemon Z,cuz i thought they would release Pokemon Gray but rather than this they released BW2.
Hope more infos coming soon :)

(click to show/hide)

lasercut

January 08, 2013, 12:48:09 PM #11 Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 12:49:53 PM by lasercut
Quote from: Cooky on January 08, 2013, 10:33:31 AM
yea I just found out too

they are calling it pokemon X and pokemon Y  (I bet they will release a Z version which captures both elements of X and Y, like they do with almost every generation [pokemon emerald, pokemon platinum, etc]

First 3D handheld pokemon game

3-D consists of x y and z coordinates, so of course they will name the third one z (unless they decide to be stupid and name it x2 and y2 or xy)
OMG I updated my avatar

KillerPig

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

antisickness

fux sake these pokes look so sht pokemon is officially dead they are so pushing it

lara538

Quote from: antisickness on January 08, 2013, 05:23:38 PM
fux sake these pokes look so sht pokemon is officially dead they are so pushing it

I just disliked the grass one. The other 2 are okay :P

(click to show/hide)

Toast

I'm a pokemon fan and all, but after each generation it sucks even more. I don't even play pokemon anymore because of that.

Nucleaon

Debating on whether I should get this or not.

IGNs:
BC: Nuc | Kyura
GC: SaphireFlare

Cooky

Quote from: Toast on January 08, 2013, 06:14:01 PM
I'm a pokemon fan and all, but after each generation it sucks even more. I don't even play pokemon anymore because of that.
I disagree because I think 5th gen was way better then 4th gen

Toast

Quote from: Cooky on January 08, 2013, 06:15:14 PM
I disagree because I think 5th gen was way better then 4th gen

I stopped at 5th gen. Didn't like it. That's my opinion though.

KillerPig

Quote from: antisickness on January 08, 2013, 05:23:38 PM

SHUT UP
GAY = YOU

KillerPig

then ur not a pokemon fan l0l

Meteor

January 08, 2013, 07:20:14 PM #21 Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 07:25:44 PM by Meteor
So pokemon continues to become crap.
Quote from: ZeroUH on January 08, 2013, 10:39:22 AM
Pokemon was good till generation 2.
And maybe 3 too.

(click to show/hide)

Toast

Quote from: KillerPig on January 08, 2013, 06:40:20 PM
then ur not a pokemon fan l0l

yes pokemon fan of gen 1-3 and a bit of 4 :)

Xx Itz Ian

January 08, 2013, 07:22:24 PM #23 Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 07:22:44 PM by Xx Itz Ian
Best - Sapphire / ruby
After that it became worser and worser, liked black and white until i realised i couldn't get 50% of legendary pokemons because i killed them and didn't know they where legendary.
League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Toast

I liked pokemon emerald the best. You had something to do after beating the elite 4.

Cooky

Quote from: Toast on January 08, 2013, 07:24:48 PM
I liked pokemon emerald the best. You had something to do after beating the elite 4.

its the same in pokemon soul silver/heart gold too

the battle frontier or w/e its called

I love it  :D

Xx Itz Ian

Quote from: Cooky on January 08, 2013, 07:27:48 PM
Quote from: Toast on January 08, 2013, 07:24:48 PM

its the same in pokemon soul silver/heart gold too

the battle frontier or w/e its called

I love it  :D

I passed first league then i was stuck, walkthrough was all chinese language so i never completed it.
League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Pokeh

Epic xD

Quote from: KillerPig on June 24, 2011, 07:49:43 AM
I've been debating with myself about this for a long time now. No, I'm not leaving BC, but when I get back, I'll be asking the girl I've liked for a long time to go out with me. Wish me luck. Zomg I'm so excited.

123bomb123

IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

KillerPig

starters look great
gameplay looks great
battle looks phenomenal. like gc and wii battle put on ds omg

KillerPig

lara538

Quote from: Xx Itz Ian on January 08, 2013, 07:22:24 PM
Best - Sapphire / ruby
After that it became worser and worser, liked black and white until i realised i couldn't get 50% of legendary pokemons because i killed them and didn't know they where legendary.

OMGG use internet to know what pokemons are legendaries??? Also when u battle a legendary pokemon there is a special animation at the start of the battle!!
@Toast: BW2 have a LOT of things to do after beating Elite 4, half map u didnt discovered yet,there is Black Tower/White Treehollow,Black City/White Forest,u can capture a shiny dratini or gible if u beat a lot of the BT/WT, u start the game being able to already capture like 300 different pokemons b4 beating the elite 4 and the other part of map(after beating the elite 4) also have a lot of pokemons to capture, u also have PokemonMusical(BOOORING), JoinAvenue(its cool enter it once a day,if i say more its spoiler if some1 will still buy this) there's also the place u make pokemon movies(forgot the name,that is cool make a movie or another once a time).<- this and more, BW2 is a good game, in +/- 1 month and a half i had like 80 hours,now i stopped playing for a bit. Remembered:
There is also the stadiums in nimbasa city(like bw1) and a place to "test" ur skills that  i forgot the name,in nimbasa city too,and the battle subway in nimbasa city too.And also ofc,capture and train more pokemon.I think there's maybe more i cant remember :P .
BW2 is way better than BW1 in things to do after beating elite 4.

@pig: yeah i agree. this game looks awesome. Really looking forward to buy it.

(click to show/hide)

Toast

Blessed

pokermons iss dones D:

#chimchar4lyfe

Vs.

KillerPig

Quote from: Blessed on January 10, 2013, 10:21:19 PM
pokermons iss dones D:

#chimchar4lyfe
NO STOP WTF STOP SAYING STUPID STUFF LIKE THIS PLS OK POKEMON ISNT DONE OK STOP

Cooky

im really hoping that that deer at the end (with the huge antlers) is a stantler evolution, but it looks more like a legendary pokemon

Toast

Quote from: Cooky on January 13, 2013, 08:51:54 AM
im really hoping that that deer at the end (with the huge antlers) is a stantler evolution, but it looks more like a legendary pokemon

I think it's either pokemon X or Y.

Cooky

Quote from: Toast on January 13, 2013, 11:03:21 AM

you think they are going to NAME the legendery pokemon X and Y?

Xala

Na it's definitely the legendary ;p
IGN: Mod Xala
Lvl: 214
Guild: GaMe KiNgS

Toast

Quote from: Cooky on January 13, 2013, 11:04:20 AM
Quote from: Toast on January 13, 2013, 11:03:21 AM

you think they are going to NAME the legendery pokemon X and Y?

nono i meant like the cover of the game

spiderstar

The legendary pokemon are called Xerneas and Yveltal.
Xerneas is the deer and Yveltal is the bird.

Cooky

Quote from: spiderstar on January 13, 2013, 12:34:08 PM
The legendary pokemon are called Xerneas and Yveltal.
Xerneas is the deer and Yveltal is the bird.

Yveltal.. wtf? lol

how do you even pronounce that?

Why-vel-tall?

spiderstar

Yveltal = ee-VELL-tall

Xurneas =  ZURR-nee-us

lara538

Quote from: spiderstar on January 13, 2013, 12:56:48 PM
Yveltal = ee-VELL-tall

Xurneas =  ZURR-nee-us

Yveltal(pokemon Y legendary)
Xurneas(Pokemon X legendary)
Just completing,saying the almost obvious :P
I did know this b4 the names were released cuz the eagle have a Y format +/- and the deer a X format +/-. Depending on the angle u r seeing it ofc.
And how ppl can say pokemon is dead? It still sell MILLIONS. CoD releasing 1 game per year will die sooner than pkm for example, my friends that played CoD like nolifers are stopping to play that much(this cuz its vacations here in brazil). Pokemon games change between them cod not ::)
Pokemon actually just miss a trainer customization 8)

(click to show/hide)

daluzman123

I honestly believe that Pokemon is beginning to become a sell-out.

They keep making games with worse and worse sprites, as well as garbage and repeatable story lines.

I'm more of a fan of the 1st and 2nd generation, where everything was original, They just released Black 2 and White 2, now they're already releasing another game? They just want money now.

~Johnny

Pokeh

^That last sentence of yours is so flawed

daluzman123

You're smart, say something's flawed with no proof or even reasoning of why it is. ._.

~Johnny

Iridion

did you know pokemon stands for pocket z*** monsters? :)

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Cooky

Quote from: Pokeh on January 13, 2013, 03:11:38 PM
^That last sentence of yours is so flawed
How so? I dont think it was flawed

KillerPig

ah, the common genwunner

Quote from: daluzman123 on January 13, 2013, 02:42:42 PM
I honestly believe that Pokemon is beginning to become a sell-out.
???

They keep making games with worse and worse sprites, as well as garbage and repeatable story lines.
sprites are getting better wtf are you talking.
if you meant worse pokemon then even there ur still wrong l0l
garbage and repeatable story lines? you obviously havent played any of the gen 5 games

I'm more of a fan of the 1st and 2nd generation, where everything was original.
LOL WTF IS THIS
EVERY SINGLE POKEMON IS ORIGINAL HONESTLY WTF

They just released Black 2 and White 2, now they're already releasing another game? They just want money now.
what does that have anything to do with any of this
ur acting as though the games suck and they're just rapidly releasing games to the public to pull a profit. look at any rating for any pokemon game and i assure you the reception will be at least AT LEAST 85% positive. they know what they're doing

Allie

Allie is excited.

My favourite was gen1/gen2 aswell. Today's sprites are so unoriginal. ****in chairs and lanterns.
At least in gen1, they were based off pokeballs. And pokeballs were a creation of pokemon. Unoriginal originality, that's something gen1 did.

Pokeh

Quote from: daluzman123 on January 13, 2013, 03:13:08 PM
You're smart, say something's flawed with no proof or even reasoning of why it is. ._.

~Johnny

They just released Black 2 and White 2, now they're already releasing another game? They just want money now.

~Johnny

Of course they want to make money, you think they do this to make little 10 year olds and ***gots like us happy?

And its been around a year since BW2. It was a sequel to BW anyways so its not like its an entirely new game >_>

This games apparently been worked on for over 2 years anyways I believe around the time of BW's initial launch. Meaning no new pokemon for the past 1-2 years (whenever BW came out).

On another note, I think Game Freak took their hands off the Wii completely lol

Yz

i really liked the storyline of B/W how can u pay dat out
DISCORD killyzkill

123bomb123

Quote from: Iridion on January 13, 2013, 03:40:41 PM
did you know pokemon stands for pocket z*** monsters? :)
iri is short for iritard

the pokemon look dumb but they always did l0l.
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

Cooky

Quote from: Allie on January 13, 2013, 05:10:04 PM
Allie is excited.

My favourite was gen1/gen2 aswell. Today's sprites are so unoriginal. ****in chairs and lanterns.
At least in gen1, they were based off pokeballs. And pokeballs were a creation of pokemon. Unoriginal originality, that's something gen1 did.

LOLD SO HARD

KillerPig

lara538

Quote from: Yz on January 13, 2013, 05:15:56 PM
i really liked the storyline of B/W how can u pay dat out

I liked it too.
And also BW2 released in Japan in march(april,may maybe) +/- so there is like a year and a half to they.
There are a lot of games that release one per year like CoD, but in CoD the only things that changes basically are campaign and multiplayer stages and tbh a lot of things change in pkm games.
Last pkm games:
Y/Z(2013october/Worldwide)
BW2(2012october/USA date)
BW(2011march/USA date)
HG/SS(2010march/USA date)
Platinum(2009march/USA date)
D/P(2007april/USA date)
Here u can see that in  platinum-hgss-bw was 1 year difference,that increased to 1yr and a half to bw2, and its just not 1yr and a half to Y/Z cuz the release will be worldwide, but from bw2 japan release date when they finished the game there is 1 yr and half to y/z +/-.
And also this game will be 3d with 3ds pkms and scenarios so A LOT will change.

Pokemon games are always fun and different to a lot of ppl so it wont die that easily and soon, like i think CoD will(i give 3-5yrs max to this die/almost die). Pokemon have like 10 yrs of guaranteed success atm selling millions. This is my opinion and as a pkm fan that played all games that i wrote here^^ except platinum i dont think they change that less. And who say they are always equal and they r being mercenaries, its cuz didnt played the games. Its even more stupid now cuz will be the game with most differences from the past game in the last years.  And its also even more stupid say that the sprites are always worse cuz pokemon y/z will have cell shaded graphics(almost sure according to trailer) and not sprites like b4.
If u dont know enough of pkm u can be making bad criticism.

(click to show/hide)

lara538

Bumping this topic cuz there is new infos, my past post was yesterday so its not double post.
Here is the new infos:
The 2 legendaries already announced are based on nordic mythology, saw this info in a brazilian forum, the eagle represents asgard, the deer midgard(Earth) and who will complete the trio will be a snake that represents Nilfheim.
The X,Y and Z(in the future very prob) are also to represent a tridimensional graphic that can represent where the reigns are on the universe or something like that.This is the theory i saw on the forums. Maybe i forgot something not really sure.
If thats true will be other nordic mythology based pokemon besides this legendary trio,like a pkm based on sleipnir for example. Sleipmon(if some1 here knows about digimon is based on sleipnir)

(click to show/hide)

Cooky

Quote from: lara538 on January 14, 2013, 05:15:46 PM
Bumping this topic cuz there is new infos, my past post was yesterday so its not double post.
Here is the new infos:
The 2 legendaries already announced are based on nordic mythology, saw this info in a brazilian forum, the eagle represents asgard, the deer midgard(Earth) and who will complete the trio will be a snake that represents Nilfheim.
If thats true will be other nordic mythology based pokemon besides this legendary trio,like a pkm based on sleipnir for example. Sleipmon(if some1 here knows about digimon is based on sleipnir)

you think it will be a cool pokemon game because its based off of something?

almost everything in pokemon is based off of something

lara538

Quote from: Cooky on January 14, 2013, 05:19:29 PM
Quote from: lara538 on January 14, 2013, 05:15:46 PM
Here is the new infos:

you think it will be a cool pokemon game because its based off of something?

almost everything in pokemon is based off of something

No. And i know.
I said it will be cool cuz there are cool things in nordic mythology to make pkms based on it, like i said as example a pkm based on sleipnir.
Also remembered one thing, the tree that is showed on the trailer is Igdrazil so :)
And also they can maybe base the pkm "story mode" on nordic mythology a lil? For example Igdrazil will be a place on map where u go and capture Yveltal(on Y) or Xurneas(on X). Everything im saying is atm not based in official infos,its important remember this

(click to show/hide)

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-