May 05, 2024, 02:45:02 PMLatest Member: juasjuas
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » We need more member benefits

We need more member benefits

Started by Thornz, September 21, 2014, 06:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thornz

I believe we need some additional member benefits to attract more members, since the list of benefits we have atm is a bit small:

In game benefits:

1. Members can gain up to a max level of 270, where as non-members can only reach a max level of 225.
2. Members can wear all items up to level 270, including member exclusive items (such as certain flags and Elite (E) armor that non-members cannot use.)
3. Members are able to use 5 stashes instead of the non-member amount of 3.
4. Members have 3% (300) more luck.
5. Members gain double the amount of experience than a non-members.
6. Members have the ability to change their in-game name (IGN) with the name changer.
7. Members have a purple-ish in-game text, when talking in the lobby.

These are the useless benefits:

Luck is nice, but most people don't even notice the difference, especially when playing in a room full of other people that have boosted luck.

Elite parts are cool, but purely cosmetic for high leveled players

The only set that is member only (besides elite sets) is rt2, and it is not guaranteed that you will receive this set if you become a member.

Purple text is cool, but again purely cosmetic

IGN changer is nice, but a snowball lets you change name without having to pay for an entire month of mems for anyone who just wants to name change.

The only benefits that are actually worth anything are:

1. Increased level cap (270)
2. RT2 set
3. Member flags (although reaper flags are pretty much just as good, and are available for non-mems)
4. Extra stashes (and this one isn't really that great. Many are willing to do without the extra inventory space)

I think we need a longer list :P

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

Robocop7ant

this could be moved to suggestions, so people can come up with ideas..

purple text is cool , and it was voted back into game.
5 stashs is good and useful :)

but i don't care about (e) parts xD

and they was talking about a membership shop or something 3months ago? or longer..

i don't think we need more benefits.
but what could be the benefits?
<br />

Thornz

September 21, 2014, 07:03:16 PM #2 Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:07:59 PM by Thornz
Quote from: Robocop7ant on September 21, 2014, 06:52:41 PM
this could be moved to suggestions, so people can come up with ideas..

purple text is cool , and it was voted back into game.
5 stashs is good and useful :)

but i don't care about (e) parts xD

and they was talking about a membership shop or something 3months ago? or longer..

i don't think we need more benefits.
but what could be the benefits?

Idk, but I brought this up because members used to have many more benefits than they do know, and I've seen a lot of ppl not bother to pay for mems because there aren't enough benefits. I personally don't care and I'm happy with the way it is, but the more people that buy mems, the more support zg gets.

Here are some facts:

1. Members used to get coins every week (I'm glad this got removed for economy purposes, but was still an attractive benefit)
2. There used to be 4-5 member only sets: Dark, Dusk, Elektra, 219 survival, rt1 (rt1 came much later, but was originally member only). There is now only 1, that takes a long time to get.
3. The best experience used to only be attainable by members (219, rt1, etc.), making membership HIGHLY desired. Now everyone gets cap exp on 258, making the double exp that members get, as well as the increased level cap, almost useless.
4. The only benefit of having an increased level cap is that you can obtain rt2 armor, but a good majority of players are not skilled enough for this, and/or don't have people willing to help.
5. Member flags used to be the absolute best flag in the game, but now reaper flags are a comparable substitute.
6. All OP items (except member flags) are useable by both members and non-members, which is how it has always been, but it definitely makes non-members able to have just as much power as members, further lowering the desire for membership.

At this point, I'm not sure what could be done about the existing system to make it better without pissing ppl off and making ppl quit (such as lowering non-mem cap so that rt1 becomes member only, making several of the OP items member only, etc.). The only real option is to add some good new member content, but it sounds as though the member shop won't be added for quite some time.

Not pants

Cooky

September 21, 2014, 07:42:41 PM #3 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 06:29:18 PM by Cooky
i agree   +1  

FalseProphet

Aha, i remember when i posted in spam about member benefits and ranting about it. Funny enough my topic got removed when i just said how it's not worth buying. Expressing personal opinion of course because of the lack of benefits which several people jumped at me saying how there are loads of benefits and that no more needs adding. So typically i could just say what they said to me heck i'd even quote it if i could find the topic but think for sure it was 90% removed. :P But +1, since i can.
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^ / FalseProphet

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Selene

There's not many players so there's no point in getting more member benefits. It's a waste of time.

Cooky

Quote from: Selene on September 22, 2014, 06:20:39 PM
There's not many players so there's no point in getting more member benefits. It's a waste of time.

i disagree  :-\

medchiller

JS, member benefits are the reason people buy membership which is one way the game creates revenue. By making more benefits it makes more people find the game appealing causing an increase in player base which then continues on to more people buying membership which gets more players. No it's not 100% guaranteed that people will join because of it but at least the players that are already playing will want to stay and pay for membership.

Xkiller712

Quote from: medchiller on September 22, 2014, 06:32:29 PM
JS, member benefits are the reason people buy membership which is one way the game creates revenue. By making more benefits it makes more people find the game appealing causing an increase in player base which then continues on to more people buying membership which gets more players. No it's not 100% guaranteed that people will join because of it but at least the players that are already playing will want to stay and pay for membership.

FalseProphet

Money = More people.

Look at all these f2p but with play to pay options to make yourself more op (like member), just add loads of op items only available to members and pow. In comes the dough.
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^ / FalseProphet

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Xx Itz Ian

Quote from: FalseProphet on September 23, 2014, 03:31:02 AM
Money = More people.

Look at all these f2p but with play to pay options to make yourself more op (like member), just add loads of op items only available to members and pow. In comes the dough.

Will ruin pvp and bvb, o wait already happend. Just do this for more $$
League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Thornz

September 24, 2014, 10:51:59 PM #11 Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 10:58:01 PM by Thornz
I'm not sure you know how business works.....lol

The more appealing membership is the more people will buy it
The more people buy it, the more money zg gets
The more money zg the more resources they have for things such as advertisement
Advertisement = more players.

Not sure that zg would bother advwrtising even if they had the resources, but just pointing out the flaw in your logic. Not caring about the members that you do have isn't the best way to get more members...

Not pants

Robocop7ant

Quote from: FalseProphet on September 23, 2014, 03:31:02 AM
Money = More people.

The more op it get = makes the game mch easier...
so no ty.

yes , i know the game is easy, specially for members with rt2 and "op" items.
but we having alot of fun too ;)

what i am tryin' to say is that we allready have enough op items ;)
but if you made some of the op items just for members, maybe people buy membership to equip it.

for example: members only:
v3 mini bot, meto gun (make it tradeable?) , meto wings (make it tradeable?), meto merc? , hallo ef v2?

i don't know.. i think non-members can lvl to high at this point.
should cap on lvl 200 or something.

or make some new sets , that we can get from sectoring, above elektra, t3 and rt1?
so when you lvl from 221-270 you can change sets more often.
and some stats so it's worth changing it with rt1?

come with some ideas?
<br />

Thornz

Yeah robo, I was saying to add new OP items, I don't think that would be a good idea. Members just need some new perks is all....

I like your idea about making stuff tradeable as member :3

Not pants

Cooky

AskTheDust

Quote from: Robocop7ant on September 25, 2014, 11:27:57 AM
for example: members only:
v3 mini bot, meto gun (make it tradeable?) , meto wings (make it tradeable?), meto merc? , hallo ef v2?

i don't know.. i think non-members can lvl to high at this point.
should cap on lvl 200 or something.

I don't think making event items for members only would be a good idea and about DM / MW erm.....this would make things worse
In-game name:   -V1-Time2Die-

Xx Itz Ian

what i liked most was the 150 max lvl non member cap and 200 max for member cap.
guess those times will never come back
League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Thornz

One of the best things would be to lower the non member cap, but at this point that's prolly a very bad idea cause ppl are already used to having rt1, and I'm guessing they wouldn't take very kindly to having that taken away from them. It's a very sticky situation :P

Maybe nerf rt1 slightly and add a new member set that's marginally better than rt1? Orrrrr maybe a better/easier solution is members could have full rt1 stats while non-mems have nerfed stats (maybe nerfed down to 1.5x 219 survival armor stats, vs 2x like it is atm)

Just trying to brainstorm

Not pants

Pokeh

members have enough benefits as-is. They're supposed to be little perks for donating, not auto OP over non-mems.

Thornz

Quote from: Pokeh on September 25, 2014, 04:29:32 PM
members have enough benefits as-is. They're supposed to be little perks for donating, not auto OP over non-mems.

Members have always been auto OP no matter what, lul

Same with every single game you can spend irl money on.

Not pants

Pokeh

Quote from: Thornz on September 25, 2014, 04:32:17 PM

when you use the words "every" and "always" I can think of 1 game that doesn't and your whole argument is invalid.

Thornz

September 25, 2014, 04:41:40 PM #21 Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 04:45:23 PM by Thornz
Quote from: Pokeh on September 25, 2014, 04:36:21 PM
Quote from: Thornz on September 25, 2014, 04:32:17 PM

when you use the words "every" and "always" I can think of 1 game that doesn't and your whole argument is invalid.

K I shouldn't have used such concrete words but which game were you thinking of? I honestly can't think of one.

And also, the best armor that non-mems used to be able to get was 172, while mems could use 219 survival t3. Huge difference in dmg and all secondary stats, but nobody ever complained back then. What's different now? Sure we have rt2, but like I said before, plenty of ppl can't get it, whereas everyone can can at least t1 219 gear.

Not pants

Robocop7ant

Quote from: Thornz on September 25, 2014, 04:20:05 PM
One of the best things would be to lower the non member cap, but at this point that's prolly a very bad idea cause ppl are already used to having rt1, and I'm guessing they wouldn't take very kindly to having that taken away from them. It's a very sticky situation :P

Maybe nerf rt1 slightly and add a new member set that's marginally better than rt1? Orrrrr maybe a better/easier solution is members could have full rt1 stats while non-mems have nerfed stats (maybe nerfed down to 1.5x 219 survival armor stats, vs 2x like it is atm)

Just trying to brainstorm

someone is allways gonna complain about nerfs or changings in-game.
making the lvl cap for non members to lvl 200, and you have solved many things, they maybe gonna be pissed, and i know it's some people who can't pay for member, but if we look forward, and more people join, maybe they see it worth paying for member.
it's not mch $ (usd) to pay for member. and snowballs was added so people could get a taste to be a member for a day.

<br />

LightRequiem

Meh, I would say the easiest way to fix this is to decrease the non-member level cap to 172. That way, there's very little to change. I think that increasing the non-member level cap was one of the worst ideas. Although I personally don't care about member benefits that much, modifying the level cap did take away a lot of the "good" extras that members had.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-