May 04, 2024, 08:05:58 AMLatest Member: PatriciaMas
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » New ZG Game Proposal SUMMARY (HUGE READ, STAY AWAY IF YOUR NOT UP FOR IT)

New ZG Game Proposal SUMMARY (HUGE READ, STAY AWAY IF YOUR NOT UP FOR IT)

Started by Allie, September 16, 2012, 03:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie

I was going to release this only in the Staff section, but as has been noted, it'll get leaked anyway.

I want feedback and revision on my summary of the new game. I want to also note this isn't even half of the full proposal so far, and is the only portion of the proposal I plan to publicly release.

I take this thread seriously, and I will be deleting any and all off topic posts with a warning.

Zylon Gaming New Game
-----------------------------------
Name: undefined
Genre: Fantasy MMORPG
Developer: Zylon Gaming
Platform: Java
Mode: Multiplayer
Distribution Type: Web interface/external executable
-----------------------------------
Summary:
   Medieval to Feudal Era timezone, set in a custom world named Kerra, divided into multiple regions with cities within each region. Each region has its own type of enemies, resources, and quests to further the player's adventure.
   Players are represented by a 3D avatar using a third-person view, which can have the hair (head), body, and legs customizable, with base clothing and different above-clothes sets available (ie armour). The avatar can either be male or female, and gender can be changed at any time (for a fee) in one of the major cities. The avatar can walk using the WASD keys, select a target using the mouse (left click), perform custom actions (ie cut a tree) using the mouse (right click) to bring up a menu, perform attacks using the keyboard (q button), perform magic spells using the keyboard (e button), and multiple other features available through through the keyboard.
   Unlike a linear storyline, the player has multiple goals in the game, decided by the player themselves. With multiple skills available, combat is available but not the only option to further a player in their game. Skills are essential to further combat abilities in ways such as creating your own weapons to defend yourself.
------------------------------------
Combat:
   The combat system works as a real-time combat system, using a complex system of delays to enable real-time combat in a simple, easy to control interface. Attacks are used via the keyboard (q button). Depending on the weapon used, a delay is triggered, disallowing any further attacks until said delay is complete. The delay length is dependent on the specific weapon in use (ie a one-handed weapon would take longer than a two-handed weapon to attack again). Pressing the attack button at the correct timing after the delay is over is important for efficient combat (though it's not required, the attack button will specify a new attack at any point after the delay is over).
   Meanwhile, the player will also be using another key on the keyboard (f button) for shielding, which must also be done manually (in most cases). For example, if a player is wielding a sword and a shield, the player must press the attack button to attack, then, if they wish to, use the shield button to bring up their shield. It should be noted that a shield does not 100% cancel out all damage, but significantly lowers the amount of damage done, and lowering the chance of being hit at all.
   In addition to direct melee combat, other combat options are also available. Spells (and other various magic operations) can be used via the spell button (e button). The spell button, which is the only button that can be used to cast a spell, will cast a spell that is selected from a spellbook. Spells primarily consist of multiple levels of elemental spells, various "special" spells, and teleports.
   Combat itself automatically aims at any given target, which implies you cannot attack without a target (selected using the left mouse click button), with the exception of some AoE magic spells. This includes ranged methods (ie a bow and arrow).
Skill Summarys:
   The players will be eligible to train multiple skills whilst continuing their adventure. These skills vary from combat itself to specific skills to benefit combat in any given way. To start off, the max level for any given skill is 60 (which can and will be boosted to a higher level as more content is added).
------------------
Combat:
   The overall Combat level determined using a formula taking into account all the other levels.
-------
Aim:
   A simple skill which is trained by landing attacks on enemies. As it implies, a higher Aim level makes attacking an enemy more likely to land a hit.
-------
Power:
   A simple skill which is trained by landing attacks on ememies. A higher Power level allows a given player to deal more damage on enemies, as well as allowing a given player to wield more powerful weapons.
-------
ShDefense:
   A skill which is trained by deflecting damage whilst using a shield. A higher ShDefense level allows a given player to deflect damage more often whilst using a shield, nulling any and all damage, as well as allowing a given player to wield more powerful armour along with SwDefense. This skill is not related to SwDefense or the general defense any given shield gives to lower damage.
-------
SwDefense:
   A skill which is trained by deflecting damage whilst using a sword. A higher SwDefense level allows a given player to deflect damage more often whilst using a sword, nulling any and all damage, as well as allowing a given player to wield more powerful armour along with SwDefense. This skill is not related to ShDefense or the general defense any given sword gives to lower damage.
-------
Magic:
   A skill which is trained through successful execution of magical abilities. Magic can be done by consuming MP (Magic Points), which slowly regenerate over time. A higher Magic level allows a given player to cast higher leveled spells, as well as use a greater pool of SP.
-------
Archery:
   A simple skill which is trained by landing successful attacks on enemies. A higher Archery level allows a given player to deal more damage on enemies using ranged methods, as well as the ability to wield more powerful weapons.
-------
Hitpoints:
   A skill which is trained by landing successful attacks or getting dealt successful damage. As it implies, a higher Hitpoints level enables a given player to utilize more hitpoints, allowing for more damage to be dealt.
-------
Mining:
   A skill which is trained by using pickaxes to mine ores, found in mining zones around the regions. A higher Mining level enables a player to mine higher leveled ores.
-------
Smelting:
   A skill which is trained by smelting ores into sheets of metal through use of a furnace. A higher Smelting level enables a player to smelt higher leveled metals.
-------
Blacksmithing:
   A skill which is trained by using blueprints to create various metalworks. A higher Blacksmithing level enables a player to smith higher leveled metalworks. This skill is not related to Woodworking or Crafting.
-------
Forestry:
   A skill which is trained by using hatchets to cut trees into logs. A higher Forestry level enables a player to cut higher leveled trees.
-------
Woodworking:
   A skill which is trained by using blueprints to work logs into wooden creations. A higher Woodworking level enables a player to make higher leveled woodworks. This skill is not related to Blacksmithing or Crafting.
-------
Fishing:
   A skill which is trained by successfully catching fish using any given fishing tool. A higher Fishing level enables a player to fish higher leveled fish.
-------
Cooking:
   A skill which is trained by successfully cooking any given food. A higher Cooking level enables a player to cook higher leveled foods, as well as lower the chances of burning for any given food.
-------
Crafting:
   A skill which is trained by using blueprints to work any given item into a new craft. A higher Crafting level enables a player to craft higher leveled items. This skill is not related to Blacksmithing or Woodworking.
Skill Specifics:
   Though any given skill has its basic how-to-train, each skill has its own specific level requirements for a given skill.
------------------
Combat:
   The Combat formula is as followed:
      Aim = A
      Strength = S
      Highest Defense = HD
      Highest Magic/Ranged = MR
      Hitpoints = HP
      .45A+.45S+.25HD+.35MR+.35HP
-------
Aim:
-------
Strength:
   Wielding Specifics (weapons):
      Wooden - 1
      Alluminum - 5
      Elm - 7
      Stone - 10
      Pine: 14
      Titanium - 20
      Oak - 28
      Iron - 30
      Birch - 37
      Steel - 40
      Cherry - 46
      Cobalt - 50
      Spruce - 55
      Silver - 60
-------
ShDefense/SwDefense:
   Wielding Specifics (melee armour):
      Wooden - 1
      Alluminum - 5
      Elm - 7
      Stone - 10
      Titanium - 20
      Oak - 28
      Iron - 30
      Birch - 37
      Steel - 40
      Cherry - 46
      Cobalt - 50
      Spruce - 55
      Silver - 60
   Wielding Specifics (archery armour):
      Soft Leather - 1
      Hard Leather - 15
      Demon Hide - 35
      Dragon Hide - 55
-------
Magic:
   Elemental Attack Spells:
      Wind Cast - 1
      Water Cast - 3
      Earth Cast - 5
      Fire Cast - 7
      Wind Strike - 11
      Water Strike - 14
      Earth Strike - 17
      Fire Strike - 20
      Wind Slash - 26
      Water Slash - 30
      Earth Slash - 34
      Fire Slash - 38
      Wind Beam - 44
      Water Beam - 49
      Earth Beam - 54
      Fire Beam - 59
   Infliction Attack Spells:
      Bulk Down - 22
      Calculations Down - 41
      Wick Down - 51
   Buff Spells:
      Prayer - 4
      Level 1 Enchant - 9
      Bulk Up - 17
      Level 2 Enchant - 27
      Calculations Up - 36
      Recovery - 40
      Wick Up - 46
      Purify - 52
      Level 3 Enchant - 54
      Subtlety - 57
   Special Attack Spells:
      Air Blast - 37
      Electrify - 52
   Teleportation Spells:
      Coming Soon
-------
Archery:
   Bow types:
      Wood - 1
      Elm - 5
      Pine - 10
      Evergreen - 20
      Oak - 30
      Birch - 40
      Cherry - 50
      Spruce - 60
   Arrow types:
      Wooden - 1
      Alluminum - 5
      Stone - 10
      Titanium - 20
      Iron - 30
      Steel - 40
      Cobalt - 50
      Silver - 60
   Armour types:
      Soft Leather - 1
      Hard Leather - 15
      Demon Hide - 35
      Dragon Hide - 55
-------
Hitpoints:
-------
Mining:
   Ore types:
      Cryolite - 1
      Stone - 7
      Titanium - 18
      Iron - 26
      Copper - 45
      Nickel - 45
      Silver - 51
   Pickaxe types:
      Wooden - 1
      Alluminum - 5
      Elm - 7
      Stone - 10
      Titanium - 20
      Oak - 28
      Iron - 30
      Birch - 37
      Steel - 40
      Cherry - 46
      Cobalt - 50
      Spruce - 55
      Silver - 60
-------
Smelting:
   Bar types:
      Alluminum - 1
      Titanium - 18
      Iron - 26
      Steel - 36
      Cobalt - 45
      Silver - 51
-------
Blacksmithing:
   Weapons:
      Alluminum:
         Dagger - 1
         Sword - 4
         Scimitar - 7
         Longsword - 10
      Titanium:
         Dagger - 18
         Sword - 21
         Scimitar - 24
         Longsword - 27
      Iron:
         Dagger - 26
         Sword - 29
         Scimitar - 32
         Longsword - 35
      Steel:
         Dagger - 36
         Sword - 39
         Scimitar - 42
         Longsword - 45
      Cobalt:
         Dagger - 45
         Sword - 48
         Scimitar - 51
         Longsword - 54
      Silver:
         Dagger - 51
         Sword - 54
         Scimitar - 57
         Longsword - 60
   Armour:
      Alluminum:
         Helmet - 2
         Shield - 5
         Legs - 8
         Body - 11
      Titanium:
         Helmet - 19
         Shield - 22
         Legs - 25
         Body - 28
      Iron:
         Helmet - 27
         Shield - 30
         Legs - 33
         Body - 36
      Steel:
         Helmet - 37
         Shield - 40
         Legs - 43
         Body - 46
      Cobalt:
         Helmet - 46
         Shield - 49
         Legs - 52
         Body - 55
      Silver:
         Helmet - 52
         Shield - 55
         Legs - 58
         Body - 60
-------
Forestry:
   Log types:
      Wood: 1
      Elm: 5
      Pine: 10
      Evergreen: 20
      Oak: 30
      Birch: 40
      Cherry: 50
      Spruce: 60
   Hatchet types:
      Wooden - 1
      Alluminum - 5
      Elm - 7
      Stone - 10
      Titanium - 20
      Oak - 28
      Iron - 30
      Birch - 37
      Steel - 40
      Cherry - 46
      Cobalt - 50
      Spruce - 55
      Silver - 60
-------
Woodworking:
   Wood:
      Dagger - 1
      Arrow shafts - 1
      Helmet - 2
      Fishing rod - 2
      Hatchet - 3
      Bow - 4
      Sword - 5
      Arrows - 5
      Shield - 6
      Pickaxe - 7
      Scimitar - 7
      Legs - 8
      Longsword - 9
      Body - 10
   Elm:
      Dagger - 7
      Helmet - 8
      Fishing rod - 8
      Hatchet - 9
      Bow - 10
      Sword - 11
      Arrows - 11
      Shield - 12
      Pickaxe - 13
      Scimitar - 13
      Legs - 14
      Longsword - 15
      Body - 16
   Pine:
      Dagger - 14
      Helmet - 15
      Fishing rod - 15
      Hatchet - 16
      Bow - 17
      Sword - 18
      Arrows - 18
      Shield - 19
      Pickaxe - 20
      Scimitar - 20
      Legs - 21
      Longsword - 22
      Body - 23
   Evergreen:
      Dagger - 19
      Helmet - 20
      Fishing rod - 20
      Hatchet - 21
      Bow - 22
      Sword - 23
      Arrows - 23
      Shield - 24
      Pickaxe - 25
      Scimitar - 25
      Legs - 26
      Longsword - 27
      Body - 28
   Oak:
      Dagger - 28
      Helmet - 29
      Fishing rod - 29
      Hatchet - 30
      Bow - 31
      Sword - 32
      Arrows - 32
      Shield - 33
      Pickaxe - 34
      Scimitar - 34
      Legs - 35
      Longsword - 36
      Body - 37
   Birch:
      Dagger - 37
      Helmet - 38
      Fishing rod - 38
      Hatchet - 39
      Bow - 40
      Sword - 41
      Arrows - 41
      Shield - 42
      Pickaxe - 43
      Scimitar - 43
      Legs - 44
      Longsword - 45
      Body - 46
   Cherry:
      Dagger - 46
      Helmet - 47
      Fishing rod - 47
      Hatchet - 48
      Bow - 49
      Sword - 50
      Arrows - 50
      Shield - 51
      Pickaxe - 52
      Scimitar - 52
      Legs - 53
      Longsword - 54
      Body - 55
   Spruce:
      Dagger - 55
      Helmet - 55
      Fishing rod - 55
      Hatchet - 56
      Bow - 56
      Sword - 57
      Arrows - 57
      Shield - 58
      Pickaxe - 58
      Scimitar - 59
      Legs - 59
      Longsword - 60
      Body - 60
-------
Fishing:
   Fish types:
      Shrimp - 1
      Prawn - 5
      Snapper - 12
      Trout - 20
      Cod - 26
      Crab - 35
      Tuna - 42
      Lobster - 51
      Yellowtail - 57
-------
Cooking:
   Fish types:
      Shrimp - 1
      Prawn - 5
      Snapper - 12
      Trout - 20
      Cod - 26
      Crab - 35
      Tuna - 42
      Lobster - 51
      Yellowtail - 57
-------
Crafting:
   Stone:
      Dagger - 10
      Helmet - 11
      Sword - 13
      Shield - 14
      Scimitar - 16
      Legs - 17
      Longsword - 19
      Body - 20
   Soft Leather:
      Coif - 1
      Legs - 6
      Body - 11
   Hard Leather:
      Coif - 15
      Legs - 21
      Body - 27
   Demon Hide:
      Coif - 35
      Legs - 41
      Body - 47
   Dragon Hide:
      Coif - 55
      Legs - 57
      Body - 60

Corr

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

Pokeh

Allie

Quote from: Corr on September 16, 2012, 03:14:35 AM
I stopped after "Feudal and Medieval" Not my cup of Snapple.

I respect your view. I studied the top games at the moment, and this is my result.

@Poke
I knew someone would bring that up, and that's completely understandable. RuneScape played a huge inspiration to my proposal. However, this game won't be anything like runescape. It only seems that way due to the large skill-base.

Pokeh

k well for an idea theres a game similar to your game called tales of pirates

just without all the rs skills and such and controls are a bit diff.

i think the internet has too many mmorpgs and changing the era would only change so much

Allie

Quote from: Pokeh on September 16, 2012, 03:20:28 AM
k well for an idea theres a game similar to your game called tales of pirates

just without all the rs skills and such and controls are a bit diff.

i think the internet has too many mmorpgs and changing the era would only change so much

While I also respect that opinion, the fact is that only the mmorpgs really go anywhere. I only studied successful online games. I am hoping that my plan does in fact work out though.

Scythe

Don't think, feel

Pokeh

sry i meant successful online games

wow
aeon
tales of pirates
rs
2moons

all these games have a continuing pattern but with their own twist individually

imo if your planning on taking this far and putting all this work into it you should have a unique concept

o ya on a sort of on topic note this reminds me of that alien shooter game kenny made where u got coins in old bc lawl

Allie

Quote from: Pokeh on September 16, 2012, 03:27:50 AM

wow
aeon
tales of pirates
rs
2moons

imo if your planning on taking this far and putting all this work into it you should have a unique concept

o ya on a sort of on topic note this reminds me of that alien shooter game kenny made where u got coins in old bc lawl

wow and rs are the only two that i consider successful in that list. And we do have our own twist. You just see "skills" and consider it runescape. The entire game is its own game.

spiderstar

This looks amazing and really well thought out.  I can't wait to see this game in the future.  
Edit: I'm confused on the wood part though.  Are there going to be wooden longswords as well as metal ones?

123bomb123

Quote from: Pokeh on September 16, 2012, 03:16:27 AM
this is similar to rs bro

NAW MAN IT ALSO HAS SHIELD DEFENSE AND SWORD DEFENSE. RS AIN'T GOT DAT.

But, yea, just sounds like an rs rip-off. I'm sure people will play it, I will try it out although I don't really like RS anymore. Still, just to see if it's any good or if it turns out to be a Poke. Seems like a ton of work coding and graphics wise but if you, Kenny and a bunch of graphic designers get onto this project then it shouldn't be too difficult for you guys. My prediction for this game though is gonna have the popularity of the BOTS!! Remake. It'll be active for maybe 2-3 weeks and then it'll start dying. The only way you really could possibly avoid that problem is if everyone is actively updating and fixing bugs like everyday.

all dat work.  ???

IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

Allie

Quote from: spiderstar on September 16, 2012, 03:36:41 AM
This looks amazing and really well thought out.  I can't wait to see this game in the future. 
Edit: I'm confused on the wood part though.  Are there going to be wooden longswords as well as metal ones?

Yes, there's a large amount of wooden types, and a large amount of metal types. Their stats will differ in specific areas, allowing you to make a choice which one you prefer.

Quote from: 123bomb123 on September 16, 2012, 03:37:21 AM
Quote from: Pokeh on September 16, 2012, 03:16:27 AM
this is similar to rs bro

NAW MAN IT ALSO HAS SHIELD DEFENSE AND SWORD DEFENSE. RS AIN'T GOT DAT.

But, yea, just sounds like an rs rip-off. I'm sure people will play it, I will try it out although I don't really like RS anymore. Still, just to see if it's any good or if it turns out to be a Poke. Seems like a ton of work coding and graphics wise but if you, Kenny and a bunch of graphic designers get onto this project then it shouldn't be too difficult for you guys. My prediction for this game though is gonna have the popularity of the BOTS!! Remake. It'll be active for maybe 2-3 weeks and then it'll start dying. The only way you really could possibly avoid that problem is if everyone is actively updating and fixing bugs like everyday.

all dat work.  ???

Well, I agree that it will be a lot of work, but as for the amount of players, I disagree.
We will have 100% source and copyrights on this game. We will sink all our money into advertising to get this game out there. We will even go far enough as to run TV ads if we have enough money leftover.

droid zylon1

that would be cool and if you put it on tv maybe we get more bc players too :D. I read over the entire thing and its sounds like rs as poke said but it also sound like it will be a bit different in many ways. great idea allie and thought out really well.
GJ :D

Pokeh

Quote from: Allie on September 16, 2012, 03:30:51 AM
Quote from: Pokeh on September 16, 2012, 03:27:50 AM

wow
aeon
tales of pirates
rs
2moons

wow and rs are the only two that i consider successful in that list. And we do have our own twist. You just see "skills" and consider it runescape. The entire game is its own game.

K well I didn't see the originality in your long post so I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Btw all the games I listed are more successful than bots was at it's peak. Which should definitely be an indicator to something >_<

seriously though, if your going to put in all that work, you have to think of something unique. There's already feudal-type games out there too so this isn't entirely a brand new concept to the internet. Consider what could possibly bring in players from other MMORPGS to this game when pretty much everything is the same, but in your own style, and made from scratch.

Also to point out, when you think of medieval times, you think of lotsa shit. dragons, wizards, spaghetti, dungeons, and the likes.

From your feudal-era, all I get from it is basically the plot of Naruto. How exciting can you really make it in terms of monsters, the surroundings, etc.? imo medieval times is obviously so popular right now. The content you can make out of it is pretty much endless, whereas in this time era it seems limiting.

Dunno I just don't see the point of working your ass off for another average MMORPG on the internet. You need a creative idea and a gimmick, then build your game off that. Think of why Skyrim was so popular. You could explore for endless hours and not even come close to covering a quarter of the game. That was set in medieval time too wasn't it?

Rossbach

You should make it so you can have first person and third person point of view. Along with the first person veiw you con zoom in (/skill/ higher lv = further zoom.) Of course the zoom will make you see what is up ahead if you were to be standing right there at that spot further up ahead. Dunno if you should do a view from top to down or a first person eye sight zoom, or switch between the two but you can chose. Basically this can be useful to see what is up ahead of you in case there is something dangerous there, and when you walk there it is too late. Now idea how it will look with the navigating system however comparing it to Runescape you can use it to see players in wild further up ahead without falling into their trap.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-