May 04, 2024, 07:14:33 AMLatest Member: Eonn
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » New ZG Game Proposal SUMMARY (HUGE READ, STAY AWAY IF YOUR NOT UP FOR IT)

New ZG Game Proposal SUMMARY (HUGE READ, STAY AWAY IF YOUR NOT UP FOR IT)

Started by Allie, September 16, 2012, 03:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillerPig

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Xkiller712

It could either rake in the dough, or trip and face plant miserably.  This seems very well thought out, so I don't think it'll fail "that bad."  It does sound like a fun game, but what sets it apart from all of the other games?  To me it sounds like Runescape/WoW.  If it sounds exactly the same, why would someone play it?  When people are looking for another mmorpg, they are looking for something unique, not a rip off.

Selene

Quote from: Xkiller712 on September 16, 2012, 09:23:30 PM
It could either rake in the dough, or trip and face plant miserably.  This seems very well thought out, so I don't think it'll fail "that bad."  It does sound like a fun game, but what sets it apart from all of the other games?  To me it sounds like Runescape/WoW.  If it sounds exactly the same, why would someone play it?  When people are looking for another mmorpg, they are looking for something unique, not a rip off.
If you were a "true Runescape player" (you don't really need to be a "true Runescape player") you would know that Allies game isn't even close to what Runescape is. Yes it has some of the skills, but they do different stuff then Runescape skills do.

If this game does work out I hope it becomes popular and successful.

KillerPig

Quote from: Selene on September 16, 2012, 11:57:54 PM
If you were a "true Runescape player" (you don't really need to be a "true Runescape player") you would know that Allies game isn't even close to what Runescape is
nah its pretty close to it lol

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

hawk5005

I'm not too sure about this.
You looked at the top 2 games and thought that if you make a game similar to those it will have great success, but there are also hundreds of games similar to them that aren't too successful.
This will be an 'ordinary" game, as there are many many similar ones.
Nowadays if you want a game to be successful, you have to make it stand out.
I might be wrong but that's just how I see things.

mattps3

IGN: -OG Rebel-
Level: 221
Guild:

Allie

Quote from: hawk5005 on September 17, 2012, 05:10:58 AM
You looked at the top 2 games and thought that if you make a game similar to those it will have great success, but there are also hundreds of games similar to them that aren't too successful.

My game isn't similar. My game is unique. My game is unlike every other game on the internet.

spiderstar

Quote from: Allie on September 17, 2012, 05:26:21 AM
Quote from: hawk5005 on September 17, 2012, 05:10:58 AM

My game isn't similar. My game is unique. My game is unlike every other game on the internet.

Care to explain? 
I still think it sounds like a great game but I'm curious about what makes it unique. 
What I've read (maybe I didn't read carefully enough) so far is very similar to other games but it combines all the good things from them. 

Allie

Give me another game with an even remotely similar combat system, as a base example.
You can't just read that there's skills and go "runescape copy".

spiderstar

I agree that the combat system is unique but it also sounds vaguely familiar with other games. 
Magic attacks: They sound very similar to the runescape method.  Spellbook, Select spell, Cast.

Combat: This was very unique imo because you managed to combine all the successful parts from different games (and make it work).

Timing (baseball games, DDR games )

Shielding (various Zelda games),

Delay (tons of games have a "cooldown")

Real-time combat (WoW, RS, LoL) 

^ these were the basic combat functions that I got from reading that 1st combat passage.  My gaming knowledge isn't very vast so I just provided examples that I knew.  Some of these examples probably aren't the best but it's all I can think of atm. 

I'm not saying that you haven't created a completely unique game.  Heck, you may have thought up the whole game with very little or no inspiration.  But there are always games that have tried to do something unique whether it worked or failed and it's hard for some people to believe that someone created a fantastic game w/o copying another.

I have a huge amount of respect towards what you've done and look forward to see the final outcome.

iwasbobo

While I'm not a huge fan of the current combat system, I do admit that it is quite different than the other WoW-like games out there.

Quote from: Pokeh'this is called the blockimus-glieicha, also known as the block glitch'

Dewo

It could either rake in the dough, or trip and face plant miserably.  This seems very well thought out, so I don't think it'll fail "that bad."  It does sound like a fun game, but what sets it apart from all of the other games?  To me it sounds like Runescape/WoW.  If it sounds exactly the same, why would someone play it?  When people are looking for another mmorpg, they are looking for something unique, not a rip off.
Almost every MMORPG is a copy of WoW. It's almost impossible to make such games without adding stuff WoW already got. Name me an MMORPG with nothing similar to WoW.

X

Selene

Quote from: Dewo on September 17, 2012, 04:33:29 PM
Almost every MMORPG is a copy of WoW. It's almost impossible to make such games without adding stuff WoW already got. Name me an MMORPG with nothing similar to WoW.
Allies game.

Dewo

Quote from: Selene on September 17, 2012, 04:36:05 PM
Quote from: Dewo on September 17, 2012, 04:33:29 PM
Allies game.
/facepalm

X

Iridion

barrels def

allile get documentation on materials and sort weapon list

allie pls

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-