May 04, 2024, 05:14:32 AMLatest Member: Eonn
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Keep yourself under control.

Keep yourself under control.

Started by Xrow, February 23, 2011, 12:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

koolwolf2

Quote from: Optimism on February 25, 2011, 11:26:48 AM
Quote from: Xrow on February 25, 2011, 02:09:10 AM
Quote from: Optimism on February 24, 2011, 11:08:47 PM
Quote from: Xrow on February 24, 2011, 09:46:59 PM
Opti, we grasp what you mean.
Your just wrong.
Lol.

You don't grasp the concept, as this is universally accepted within the philosophical community. Proponents assigned to "god" disallow your free will if that god is considered all knowing. It is a paradox. There is nothing wrong about it. You don't understand the concept.

Allie's example clearly demonstrates her lack of understanding of the concept.

First of all, who are you to say what I do or do not understand?
Secondly, I see no evidence or reason behind the statement that it is "universally accepted within the philosophical community."
Thirdly, I have already LOGICALLY EXPLAINED TO YOU WHY FREE WILL IN THE PRESENCE OF OMNISCIENCE IS NOT ONLY PLAUSIBLE, BUT IS ACTUAL. You and Kelvin have just restated your single illogical argument over and over. Use your f**king brain.

You've never given a "logical explanation" for why this is plausible, as it is not.

he did not but i did 0,0 admit it u gave no proof that god does control us he might know that i will do something but doesn't effect it 0,0
Newest one:

Optimism

February 25, 2011, 11:53:22 AM #61 Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:54:52 AM by Optimism
Quote from: koolwolf2 on February 25, 2011, 11:38:49 AM
Your just wrong.
Lol.

You don't grasp the concept, as this is universally accepted within the philosophical community. Proponents assigned to "god" disallow your free will if that god is considered all knowing. It is a paradox. There is nothing wrong about it. You don't understand the concept.

Secondly, I see no evidence or reason behind the statement that it is "universally accepted within the philosophical community."
Thirdly, I have already LOGICALLY EXPLAINED TO YOU WHY FREE WILL IN THE PRESENCE OF OMNISCIENCE IS NOT ONLY PLAUSIBLE, BUT IS ACTUAL. You and Kelvin have just restated your single illogical argument over and over. Use your f**king brain.

You've never given a "logical explanation" for why this is plausible, as it is not.

he did not but i did 0,0 admit it u gave no proof that god does control us he might know that i will do something but doesn't effect it 0,0

I've already stated that in the absence of an all-powerful and all-knowing being, then free will, is indeed possible.

He may not directly affect what seems to be a choice, but if he knows the exact choice you make, then you never had a choice in the first place.

A paradox.
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

koolwolf2

Quote from: Optimism on February 25, 2011, 11:53:22 AM
Quote from: koolwolf2 on February 25, 2011, 11:38:49 AM
Your just wrong.
Lol.

I've already stated that in the absence of an all-powerful and all-knowing being, then free will, is indeed possible.

He may not directly affect what seems to be a choice, but if he knows the exact choice you make, then you never had a choice in the first place.

A paradox.

it might be just like anticipation he knows what will u do but u did have a choice which u think doesn't exist there is a choice just that he anticipates your choice depending on your first choice like when your a baby 0,0 pwned
Newest one:

Optimism

February 25, 2011, 12:35:12 PM #63 Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 12:41:03 PM by Optimism
Then god isn't all-knowing. If god doesn't know the decision you will make, he fails to take on the god like tenants he has been ascribed. If there are two choices and he is all-knowing, then you don't have two choices, as he knows the one that you will take. God cannot be equally as indecisive as you are if he is all knowing. This applies to all facets of life. There is only once choice, as it has been predetermined. This is the paradox of free will/pre-determination.

If I have a choice and god doesn't know which choice I will make, then I have free will. At the same time, god is not all-knowing, and, therefore, cannot be the god that Christians describe him as.
- Opti -
- Retired -

koolwolf2

February 25, 2011, 12:48:38 PM #64 Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 12:51:43 PM by koolwolf2
what if god is like time he cant know what will happen next just like you and me but he knows what is happening every time but not in the future but what is happening if god is all knowing he would know i am  typing this not what i will type next he knows what am doing but doesn't know what am gonna do thus giving me free will he knows all just not the future and about things like the last day is because he doesn't care about people he will do this or that its like i play will at 1:00 i will play then its not future anticipation nothing can stop him from that thus giving him the ability to do this without any thing that tries to stop him because nothing can (maybe time is superior) he can tell a bit of the future out of anticipation

AND AM NOT CHRISTIAN >_> AM MUSLIM
Newest one:

Optimism

Quote from: koolwolf2 on February 25, 2011, 12:48:38 PM
what if god is like time he cant know what will happen next just like you and me but he knows what is happening every time but not in the future but what is happening if god is all knowing he would know i am  typing this not what i will type next he knows what am doing but doesn't know what am gonna do thus giving me free will he knows all just not the future and about things like the last day is because he doesn't care about people he will do this or that its like i play will at 1:00 i will play then its not future anticipation nothing can stop him from that thus giving him the ability to do this without any thing that tries to stop him because nothing can (maybe time is superior)

Then he is not all-knowing, if he doesn't know what you are going to type next? Really?
- Opti -
- Retired -

koolwolf2

Quote from: Optimism on February 25, 2011, 12:50:24 PM
what if god is like time he cant know what will happen next just like you and me but he knows what is happening every time but not in the future but what is happening if god is all knowing he would know i am  typing this not what i will type next he knows what am doing but doesn't know what am gonna do thus giving me free will he knows all just not the future and about things like the last day is because he doesn't care about people he will do this or that its like i play will at 1:00 i will play then its not future anticipation nothing can stop him from that thus giving him the ability to do this without any thing that tries to stop him because nothing can (maybe time is superior)

Then he is not all-knowing, if he doesn't know what you are going to type next? Really?

i think by all knowing they mean he knows everything that is happening not what is going to happen 0,0
Newest one:

Optimism

Quote from: koolwolf2 on February 25, 2011, 12:53:02 PM
Quote from: Optimism on February 25, 2011, 12:50:24 PM
what if god is like time he cant know what will happen next just like you and me but he knows what is happening every time but not in the future but what is happening if god is all knowing he would know i am  typing this not what i will type next he knows what am doing but doesn't know what am gonna do thus giving me free will he knows all just not the future and about things like the last day is because he doesn't care about people he will do this or that its like i play will at 1:00 i will play then its not future anticipation nothing can stop him from that thus giving him the ability to do this without any thing that tries to stop him because nothing can (maybe time is superior)

i think by all knowing they mean he knows everything that is happening not what is going to happen 0,0

No.
- Opti -
- Retired -

koolwolf2

k so i changed my view of free will so what if god knows what are we going to do so lets say you want to kill someone its immoral right so most probably god will try to stop you but he knows you will kill him he tries to stop you to make you slip be lazy but you still kill him our ability to say no that is our free will your ability to stop gods tries of making you a good person or the devil's tries to make you a bad person that's your free will your ability to say yes or no like Allie said if she came back from the future you know the rest you still choose u cant change what is written you only can make it be that is free will
Newest one:

AllEyesOnMe

I`ll have the insolence to go off topic in the off topic section and ask you Opti :
How is that your loses in individual pvp were reseted ?

Optimism

Quote from: AllEyesOnMe on February 25, 2011, 01:55:55 PM
I`ll have the insolence to go off topic in the off topic section and ask you Opti :

My disconnects were reset.

As for your question koolwolf:

QuoteAnd this goes directly to the problem of evil. Given that Christians assign evil to man's free will, a corollary to your conclusion is that any extant omnimax god must approve of evil.
- Opti -
- Retired -

AllEyesOnMe

Quote from: Optimism on February 25, 2011, 02:18:42 PM

This applied to everyone or only for you ?

Optimism

Quote from: AllEyesOnMe on February 25, 2011, 02:22:25 PM

This applied to everyone or only for you ?

I'm unsure.
- Opti -
- Retired -

koolwolf2

QuoteAnd this goes directly to the problem of evil. Given that Christians assign evil to man's free will, a corollary to your conclusion is that any extant omnimax god must approve of evil.

first the quote means that men have free will which is against you
second am not christian am muslim
thrid evil in my religion is associated to the devil what ever you may name him but in my religion its Ebliis
Newest one:

Optimism

Quote from: koolwolf2 on February 25, 2011, 02:51:56 PM

first the quote means that men have free will which is against you
second am not christian am muslim
thrid evil in my religion is associated to the devil what ever you may name him but in my religion its Ebliis

This quote is in response to the assumption that god is "omnimax" (all powerful and all knowing) and thus, we, as humans, do NOT have free will. Therefore, god himself must approve of evil, as we, as humans, cannot choose right from wrong.

But, if free will exists, then there is no omnimax god :). Choose :P.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-