May 02, 2024, 12:35:02 PMLatest Member: mori
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Yes or no.1

Yes or no.1

Started by Xrow, February 27, 2011, 05:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Optimism

I don't make blind leaps of faith. Sorry.

I'm on the fence.
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Xrow

February 28, 2011, 12:21:30 AM #16 Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 12:24:53 AM by Xrow
Subjective and nonprogressive. Not very scientific of you, Opti.

I only want to know what you BELIEVE.

Do you believe the universe continuously explodes and implodes and is therefore infinite with regards to time or not?
Its really a simple question that requires naught but a simple answer.

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on February 28, 2011, 12:21:30 AM
Subjectivity and nonprogression. Not very scientific of you, Opti.

I only want to know what you BELIEVE.

Do you believe the universe continuously explodes and implodes and is therefore infinite with regards to time or not?
Its really a simple question that requires naught but a simple answer.

I claim to not know, similar to the existence of a god. For Jesus Christ's sake, take not knowing as my belief due to lack of sufficient evidence.

(the logical answer)
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

Being content with "I don't know" won't get us anywhere, now will it?

Optimism

February 28, 2011, 12:28:05 AM #19 Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 12:28:31 AM by Optimism
Quote from: Xrow on February 28, 2011, 12:25:56 AM
Being content with "I don't know" won't get us anywhere, now will it?

Of course it will. We don't know until something is proven. This doesn't mean an effort won't be made to determine truth.

Man, you seriously are something of a confused child ;/.

Btw, you've stated yet another logical fallacy (slippery slope). Nice one. I suggest you go read up on those, brah.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

February 28, 2011, 12:31:33 AM #20 Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 12:32:12 AM by Xrow
You can stop quoting your little debate chart, someone else's limiting rules don't matter to me.

And of course "I don't know" won't get us anywhere.
If we decide that one option is logically impossible based on the evidence we have, then the other must be true.

So just answer already. It doesn't even really matter if its yes or no.

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on February 28, 2011, 12:31:33 AM
You can stop quoting your little debate chart, someone else's limiting rules don't matter to me.

And of course "I don't know" won't get us anywhere.
If we decide that one option is logically impossible based on the evidence we have, then the other must be true.

So just answer already. It doesn't even really matter if its yes or no.

From this point forward, debate ceases. I'd rather talk to a sheet of ice in the middle of Lake Ontario.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

Awww your objectivity quickly hides behind subjectivity when exposed to logic, I see.
Typical atheist - oh well. Can't force you to discover the truth, I guess.

Optimism

February 28, 2011, 12:36:10 AM #23 Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 12:37:33 AM by Optimism
Quote from: Xrow on February 28, 2011, 12:34:39 AM
Awww your objectivity quickly hides behind subjectivity when exposed to logic, I see.

Because you fail to fallow the rules of logic, which result in tangible progression within the real world, I honestly have no clue what this statement means other than stupid. I can't continue to follow your skewed logic.

Peace.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

Quote from: Optimism on February 28, 2011, 12:36:10 AM
Because you fail to fallow the rules of logic, which result in tangible progression within the real world, I honestly have no clue what this statement means. Not the slightest.

Please show me these rules of logic that I should "fallow." (Hopefully not your little ad hominid, etc. debate chart - that isn't really logic).

And, Opti, if your "real world logic" doesn't lead to the truth, then it isn't logic now is it?

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on February 28, 2011, 12:38:26 AM
Quote from: Optimism on February 28, 2011, 12:36:10 AM
Because you fail to fallow the rules of logic, which result in tangible progression within the real world, I honestly have no clue what this statement means. Not the slightest.

Please show me these rules of logic that I should "fallow." (Hopefully not your little ad hominid, etc. debate chart - that isn't really logic).

And, Opti, if your "real world logic" doesn't lead to the truth, then it isn't logic now is it?

I ****ing lol'd and then face-planted into my television.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

How exactly is that logic? I mean, surely it is a set of rules that could govern debates, but it isn't logic in itself.

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on February 28, 2011, 12:43:28 AM
How exactly is that logic? I mean, surely it is a set of rules that could govern debates, but it isn't logic in itself.

L O ****ING L
- Opti -
- Retired -

Corr

Yay more post count.

Because this thread is useless.

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

Xrow

Quote from: Optimism on February 28, 2011, 12:43:53 AM
Quote from: Xrow on February 28, 2011, 12:43:28 AM
L O ****ING L

I take that as a lack of substantiation.

SUBSTANTIATE: Definition: (1) : to establish by proof or competent evidence: to substantiate a charge.
(2) : to give substantial  existence to: to substantiate an idea through action.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-