May 21, 2024, 03:57:45 AMLatest Member: sangko2764
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Why do people hate rap?

Why do people hate rap?

Started by leapman, March 11, 2014, 04:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leapman

I always wondered why? They would say "Eminem is my favorite rapper." but then say "I hate rap"? Contradicting Much? I feel like a majority (not all) of them are mislead by mainstream hits, then assume all rap is like that. Explaining why there is still good rap to a close minded person seems impossible sometimes?  ???
<br />http://mrbreadmaker.ga<br /><br />SC: breadstickmaker<br />EGK #Aphrodite<br />

Zetsu

Some people just tend to associate rap with stereotypical nonsense.

haha2

I don't like rap but some of it is ok...rap is maaddd wack..

daluzman123

I enjoy "rap" and all types of music.

Eminem wasn't ALWAYS about "rap" he use to "sing" and just do other things aside from Rap.

People who enjoy Eminem but say they hate rap is a confusing statement to me.

HyperShadic6

I just don't like it. Like it had been stated 95% of rap is stereotypical bullcrap, about money and sex and gangs etc. People even listen to this crap because it sounds "mad". I know that there is still some good rap out there but honestly I'm not even interested anymore. Oh, and also the song writing for rap has been so bad and lazy it makes go mad and the fact that people like and love it is just out of the boundaries for me. However, it's their opinion, so yeah...

qolderman

i like rap

and i don't give a **** what others say about it

IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

ghostkid17

I find the raps that are about drugs, money, sex, and those things stupid. Some raps can be good though.
-Oreos-
Quote from: Materger
I am now an Oreos fan!
Quote from: Allie
Oreos was a failed project.

JustRK

I appreciate rap as I do most forms of music, especially def jam poetry and the roots  :)

Mainstream media and censorship has definitely led to a decline of how people see rap because they tend to block out any rap regarding politics and realistic views of society. I could talk about it for days, but I'll leave it at that.

Also, just as classical does not see much attention because exposure to it as people mature is either negative or a lack thereof. The same occurs with rap especially due to its large association with hip hop as an element.

Reviax

Quote from: ghostkid17 on March 11, 2014, 05:00:05 PM
I find the raps that are about drugs, money, sex, and those things stupid. Some raps can be good though.
^Well said.

Selene

They talk about women like we are a piece of shit.

Thornz

I hate most rap that's popular right now cause the lyrics are just stupid, racist, sexist, etc.

I don't hate rap as a genre tho. There's a lot of good rap out there. Like this one I like (and it's funny XD)

http://youtu.be/Jn8kB1WK-7c

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

Cooky

I love rap but mostly prefer songs that have heart and meaning not just bs about women, drugs, sex etc

this is probably the best in my opinion - its been my favorite song since middle school

Eminem - When I'm Gone

leapman

I love rap/trap music but I feel majority of the rap crowd is ignorant. Which leads to these entire artists becoming famous off a simple bars/good catchy beats? Migos for example they legit became famous within a year of their music career ::) Which sort of gets me mad, because so many hard working under-ground artists never do?  :-\ We've got artist who been rapping for like 10+ years who
Never get famous, though a lot of these mainstream cheesy bars/ punch lines artist are loved by millions.

Really gets me mad sometimes when people come out saying bold statements like "every other rapper sucks, except eminem."  :-[
<br />http://mrbreadmaker.ga<br /><br />SC: breadstickmaker<br />EGK #Aphrodite<br />

loewe98

leapman

Quote from: Selene on March 11, 2014, 09:29:19 PM
They talk about women like we are a piece of ****.
That's such a strong stereotype, I mean look at childish gambino.  ::)

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-