May 03, 2024, 07:15:13 AMLatest Member: 1bdirejiz
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » Any way we can get this game active again?

Any way we can get this game active again?

Started by untouched7, June 28, 2014, 05:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

untouched7

I really miss playing this game like when it was active, honestly I would spend so much time on this game if it was still active.
Maybe there's some way we can all collectively get this game some popularity. Perhaps we could all organize to advertise this game. Or we could set a date and time where all the old inactive members and current members could all play at the same time, sort of like a reunion. Maybe then people will remember how much fun this game used to be and stat being more active.

Whenever I ask anyone why they stopped playing,  their reasoning is always that the game is no longer active which makes it boring, but if we can get new players to join through advertising and such, the old players would also come back.
Simply spreading a false rumor that bouts has suddenly become heavily active again could get people to join back and make that rumor a reality.
These are just my thoughts, however I really think with a combined effort we can get this game going again.
Honestly I believe an active bots is one of the funnest games ever created.

I'm sure many of you can think of strategic ways to get this game active, so please post your thoughts!

BlackStickre

June 28, 2014, 05:12:01 PM #1 Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 05:16:28 PM by BlackStickre
Quote from: untouched7 on June 28, 2014, 05:09:40 PM
I really miss playing this game like when it was active, honestly I would spend so much time on this game if it was still active.
Maybe there's some way we can all collectively get this game some popularity. Perhaps we could all organize to advertise this game. Or we could set a date and time where all the old inactive members and current members could all play at the same time, sort of like a reunion. Maybe then people will remember how much fun this game used to be and stat being more active.

Whenever I ask anyone why they stopped playing,  their reasoning is always that the game is no longer active which makes it boring, but if we can get new players to join through advertising and such, the old players would also come back.
Simply spreading a false rumor that bouts has suddenly become heavily active again could get people to join back and make that rumor a reality.
These are just my thoughts, however I really think with a combined effort we can get this game going again.

I'm sure many of you can think of strategic ways to get this game active, so please post your thoughts!

This game won't ever be active again because:
-Staff team isn't good/active enough
-No interesting events
-All about $ atm
-Hackers ain't getting banned
-BvB & PvP aren't active enough (could get active later prob)
-No new maps & skinns (>Updates<)

untouched7

Quote from: BlackStickre on June 28, 2014, 05:12:01 PM

Whenever I ask anyone why they stopped playing,  their reasoning is always that the game is no longer active which makes it boring, but if we can get new players to join through advertising and such, the old players would also come back.

-No interesting events
-All about $ atm

The reason staff team isn't active is because bouts in general isn't active and they don't see much of a future for it. Who would want to supervise an active game?
If we made a large effort to get new players to join, while getting old players back, this game would become active an in turn the staff will become active

If the staff can make an investment to stop focusing on the $$ they can make in the short term, and instead spend their time getting this game active again, they could have a huge long-term profit.

BlackStickre

Quote from: untouched7 on June 28, 2014, 05:20:59 PM
Quote from: BlackStickre on June 28, 2014, 05:12:01 PM

-No interesting events
-All about $ atm

The reason staff team isn't active is because bouts in general isn't active and they don't see much of a future for it. Who would want to supervise an active game?
If we made a large effort to get new players to join, while getting old players back, this game would become active an in turn the staff will become active

If the staff can make an investment to stop focusing on the $$ they can make in the short term, and instead spend their time getting this game active again, they could have a huge long-term profit.

Some of the staff are just taken to - be staff - , also they won't stop focusing on $$ & they can't advertise it on tv orso prob just on internet

untouched7

I'm not saying stop focusing on the $$. As a business that is always your end goal. I'm saying that if they can stop thinking about money in the short run, and instead try to get this game active as quickly as possible, then they can make a lot more money in the long run.
They really wouldn't be sacrificing much, but the rewards could be huge.
If this game is to become active, their needs to be a sudden change in activity. If within a month we can get this game decently active, and continue to make efforts to increase activity, at the same time this game will naturally get more players active.
And yes I know it would have to be through the internet.
If we can get everyone in this forum to go a tiny bit out of their way and visit other gaming sites and spread word about this game and really sell it, I believe it would be possible to resurrect this game.
Individually we have no chance to bring a resurgence to this game, but with a collective effort we can.

BlackStickre

Quote from: untouched7 on June 28, 2014, 05:37:59 PM
I'm not saying stop focusing on the $$. As a business that is always your end goal. I'm saying that if they can stop thinking about money in the short run, and instead try to get this game active as quickly as possible, then they can make a lot more money in the long run.
They really wouldn't be sacrificing much, but the rewards could be huge.
If this game is to become active, their needs to be a sudden change in activity. If within a month we can get this game decently active, and continue to make efforts to increase activity, at the same time this game will naturally get more players active.
And yes I know it would have to be through the internet.
If we can get everyone in this forum to go a tiny bit out of their way and visit other gaming sites and spread word about this game and really sell it, I believe it would be possible to resurrect this game.
Individually we have no chance to bring a resurgence to this game, but with a collective effort we can.

In the first place, we don't have enough active members to do that & admins aren't active anyways

Madprox

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

BlackStickre

untouched7

There's a basketball court in my town. It used to be often very empty, even though many people in town liked basketball. No one went to the courts because there was no one to play with. People would go to the courts and shoot around and maybe play with friends then leave, but it was never consistently active.
Me and my friends decided to get together and organize a time each day to play, and we created a simple Facebook group, so we were able to get a good number of games together. At the same time people saw that we were playing and joined us. Within weeks, more and more kids played at my town court. Nowadays, you rarely see that court empty during the day.

With a collective effort we can resurrect this game

BlackStickre

Quote from: untouched7 on June 28, 2014, 05:51:34 PM
There's a basketball court in my town. It used to be often very empty, even though many people in town liked basketball. No one went to the courts because there was no one to play with. People would go to the courts and shoot around and maybe play with friends then leave, but it was never consistently active.
Me and my friends decided to get together and organize a time each day to play, and we created a simple Facebook group, so we were able to get a good number of games together. At the same time people saw that we were playing and joined us. Within weeks, more and more kids played at my town court. Nowadays, you rarely see that court empty during the day.

With a collective effort we can resurrect this game

ZG has got a FB page & YT channel , they're both inactive but we could make it active again anyways

joeythemoey

JustRK

Quote from: BlackStickre on June 28, 2014, 05:46:49 PM
Quote from: Madprox on June 28, 2014, 05:44:32 PM
Quote from: BlackStickre on June 28, 2014, 05:42:29 PM
admins aren't active anyways
More active than you think

haven't seen santa on in a month

This is regular in most games. Seldom will you ever see the head honchos in-game and are mainly around to make big announcements and leave the rest to other staff so they can focus on doing work behind the scenes.

I had the same misconceptions when I wasn't staff, but even just as HGM along with the other GM's we do many active investigations around the clock, we just don't boast about them everyday.

Just because 1 person complains we didn't reply, shouldn't negate the 10+ replies where we gave legit responses to because we have lives and can't physically sit around all day.

Assumptions at the end of the day serve no purpose and instead of complaining you are more than welcome to speak with any of us and ask or make a suggestion.

BlackStickre

Quote from: JustRK on June 29, 2014, 04:43:23 AM
Quote from: BlackStickre on June 28, 2014, 05:46:49 PM
Quote from: Madprox on June 28, 2014, 05:44:32 PM
Quote from: BlackStickre on June 28, 2014, 05:42:29 PM
admins aren't active anyways
More active than you think

haven't seen santa on in a month

This is regular in most games. Seldom will you ever see the head honchos in-game and are mainly around to make big announcements and leave the rest to other staff so they can focus on doing work behind the scenes.

I had the same misconceptions when I wasn't staff, but even just as HGM along with the other GM's we do many active investigations around the clock, we just don't boast about them everyday.

Just because 1 person complains we didn't reply, shouldn't negate the 10+ replies where we gave legit responses to because we have lives and can't physically sit around all day.

Assumptions at the end of the day serve no purpose and instead of complaining you are more than welcome to speak with any of us and ask or make a suggestion.

I see, tell me whats going on behind the scenes?

Cooky

BlackStickre

Someone deleted Allie & mine conversation  ::)

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-