May 02, 2024, 11:09:42 PMLatest Member: Clydepaf
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » Player Sponsored Events » Mod Max's Endurance Event!

Mod Max's Endurance Event!

Started by Madprox, March 26, 2013, 03:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madprox

Prizes will be discussed before the event starts.

Hope this sounds fun!
- Max

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

markiie

Sounds like a good bit of fun, and will be happy to join whenever :) Goodluck

spiderstar

Cool idea I'll definitely try it out.

hur9

this sounds fun like cookys events

Cooky

cool but here are a few problems I see (im just trying to help dont take it the wrong way)

Balance
-Higher levels have a much greater chance of being able to win then lower levels, thats a huge turn off for all lower level players. In my opinion, the best thing for making a good event is making it so all players are on equal grounds and no one has an advantage.

Time
Any player with a bit of knowledge of how to sector will systematically pick off the enemies 1 by 1 by luring them 1 at a time and carefully killing them. That is going to take a long time depending on the level and the players level. Keep in mind the other players will have to wait for their turn so it will get lengthy and many players will leave because theyre tired of waiting. Or what if a player just just wants to troll you and runs around not hitting the enemies? Is he disqualified? What if he occasionally hits the enemies? Where do you draw the line?

I think you need to make a lot more rules for this or it will be too hard to manage or it will just get out of control. If you plan on doing this with friends then thats cool but if you're doing this with randoms then goodluck its going to be tough.

Madprox

Quote from: Cooky on March 26, 2013, 04:09:22 PM
cool but here are a few problems I see (im just trying to help dont take it the wrong way)

Balance
-Higher levels have a much greater chance of being able to win then lower levels, thats a huge turn off for all lower level players. In my opinion, the best thing for making a good event is making it so all players are on equal grounds and no one has an advantage.

Time
Any player with a bit of knowledge of how to sector will systematically pick off the enemies 1 by 1 by luring them 1 at a time and carefully killing them. That is going to take a long time depending on the level and the players level. Keep in mind the other players will have to wait for their turn so it will get lengthy and many players will leave because theyre tired of waiting. Or what if a player just just wants to troll you and runs around not hitting the enemies? Is he disqualified? What if he occasionally hits the enemies? Where do you draw the line?

I think you need to make a lot more rules for this or it will be too hard to manage or it will just get out of control. If you plan on doing this with friends then thats cool but if you're doing this with randoms then goodluck its going to be tough.

@balance: that's a thig i thought of as well, unfortunately, nothing i can really do to help lower levels kill mobs faster..

@time: true, but everyone gets a game, if they get hit, they suicide and i start a new game for the next slot.
If someone decides to run around and troll, they'll be warned by me, and if they continue, kicked from the room, and we will automatically advance to the next slot. (less competition for all, yay!)

Cooky

Well you still didnt say where you draw the line on if someone is trolling or not

Quote from: Cooky on March 26, 2013, 04:09:22 PM
What if he occasionally hits the enemies? Where do you draw the line?

My advice is to have a 3-5 minute timer for the round and see how many they kill in that time. There are websites and programs you can download that can do a timer countdown for you. This way, players will not camp and take forever, and it will not take as long (making the other players not have to wait as long).

ghostkid17

To fix the balance judge it by number of hits?
-Oreos-
Quote from: Materger
I am now an Oreos fan!
Quote from: Allie
Oreos was a failed project.

Mario666

I'll keep an eye out for a room, it sounds fun.

Cooky

Quote from: ghostkid17 on March 26, 2013, 04:28:14 PM
To fix the balance judge it by number of hits?
that wouldnt work though because a low level could win by spamming guard crush or 3 hit combo and because the enemy wouldnt die he could keep doing it forever lol

Purple

This seems like whoever lags least while you're slot 1 is gonna win. I can do most levels that you can push on without getting hit, but if i'm not slot 1 I can easily get lag hit.

^**** im special xd

Rossbach

March 26, 2013, 04:34:55 PM #11 Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 04:42:14 PM by Rossbach
Kewl.  8)

Going to lag like fk (lag hit after you hit them down) tho if your not slot 1.  ::)

Ross thinks the timer and hits is unfair for those who are lower level. The higher levels already have a high enough benefit as it is. No need to fk up the lower levels even more. Not like time matters that much for Ross tho.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Madprox

Quote from: Cooky on March 26, 2013, 04:16:57 PM
Well you still didnt say where you draw the line on if someone is trolling or not
I'll just decide on my own when someone is trolling or not, no need for extra timers etc..

Rossbach

Omnomnom eating toast.

Cooky

noob with counter + no timer = broken event?

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-