May 08, 2024, 05:15:26 PMLatest Member: Timothyrhili
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » World of Warcraft vs Runescape

World of Warcraft vs Runescape

Started by paranoia, August 12, 2013, 11:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paranoia

August 12, 2013, 11:26:38 PM Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:30:25 PM by paranoia
I chose Runescape because World of Warcraft is boring. 8)
EGK!

Cooky

theres no comparison, WoW is way better in my opinion

Selene

Runescape went down hill a long time ago.

JustRK

Played both for an extensive amount of time and I honestly liked RuneScape more. Plus it helped me get the jump on medieval times in middle school because a lot of the skills and fundamentals of RS are accurate in terms of their real life counterparts.

Anyway not hating on WOW.  RS followed suit of most popular games by resorting to heavy pay to play to appease rich noobs so what ever.

paranoia

August 12, 2013, 11:39:19 PM #4 Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:42:20 PM by paranoia
awesome, i can provide a good answer to this, i have played both games very thoroughly.

Runescape is better than WoW for many reasons, the ability to log off it such a unknown necessity in MMO's and if there is one thing i hate on WoW, is the dependency that other players are going to have on you, so you basically cannot log off until you are 100% free.

The fact you can be what ever "class" you want to be is alot more fun. don't feel like useing runes today? no prob! rip out the sword or bow, the skills are so much more fun to level, and can be bought out with skillful money management using them.

Repetitive game play in WoW can get really annoying, always the same system to play, not much change unless an update or expansion is released. Runescape gets updates so commonly, and even builds on the experience with improvements on older tech

I hate WoW for one reason... unbalanced play! the characters are so dependent on armor, stats, and expensive things, and some classes can't handle another, and destroy the next is so frustrating, as Runescape is just a matter of saying "wow! this guy have 99 strength, no wonder he beat me!" while WoW you just go "Warlocks are not fair!!! why do they crit so much!"

the difference is really obvious when you play both games and dissect them both... Runescape is overall alot better, and can have alot more added to my list for why it is better.

~Cookaloo
This basically sums it up ^
EGK!

Cooky

Allie

WoW if you have a good guild.
RS (back in the old days) if you like solitude.

@paranoia
I've probly played both for much, much longer than you. I disagree on most of your points, but I do find myself going "****ing dks avoid all my stuns". Skill makes a bigger impact over there, and even if that DK is a bitch at avoiding stuns, I can take it down if I'm better. In runescape, if that ****er has 99 strength/attack/defense, and I have only 70, gl to me. Stats make a big difference, but that hasn't stopped me from solo'ing teams of Alliance on a PvE rogue in a noticeably low ilvl (around 480).

So, in some points, yeah I get frustrated over op play. Blizzard hates us rogues, if you actually do play in mists, you'll understand why I get frustrated. But, if you're not a derp, you can still win even with the unbalanced play, in a game where it isn't/wasn't entirely "****, why do I keep hitting 0s?!"

JustRK

Quote from: paranoia on August 12, 2013, 11:39:19 PM

I hate WoW for one reason... unbalanced play! the characters are so dependent on armor, stats, and expensive things, and some classes can't handle another, and destroy the next is so frustrating, as Runescape is just a matter of saying "wow! this guy have 99 strength, no wonder he beat me!" while WoW you just go "Warlocks are not fair!!! why do they crit so much!"

since RS is a click and watch game it really favors the rich. The combat triangle gets kind of useless once you have Barrage spells and ancient prayer books.  I used to hustle when the old level cap was 138 since I was a 121 after hunting came out, but now that it's 200 they just made it easier for prayer pures to hustle.

paranoia

Quote from: JustRK on August 12, 2013, 11:49:15 PM
Quote from: paranoia on August 12, 2013, 11:39:19 PM

since RS is a click and watch game it really favors the rich. The combat triangle gets kind of useless once you have Barrage spells and ancient prayer books.  I used to hustle when the old level cap was 138 since I was a 121 after hunting came out, but now that it's 200 they just made it easier for prayer pures to hustle.
Man I love going into debates with this dude ;D
EGK!

Cooky

paranoia

Quote from: Allie on August 12, 2013, 11:46:49 PM
WoW if you have a good guild.
RS (back in the old days) if you like solitude.

@paranoia
I've probly played both for much, much longer than you. I disagree on most of your points, but I do find myself going "****ing dks avoid all my stuns". Skill makes a bigger impact over there, and even if that DK is a ***** at avoiding stuns, I can take it down if I'm better. In runescape, if that ****** has 99 strength/attack/defense, and I have only 70, gl to me. Stats make a big difference, but that hasn't stopped me from solo'ing teams of Alliance on a PvE rogue in a noticeably low ilvl (around 480).

So, in some points, yeah I get frustrated over op play. Blizzard hates us rogues, if you actually do play in mists, you'll understand why I get frustrated. But, if you're not a derp, you can still win even with the unbalanced play, in a game where it isn't/wasn't entirely "****, why do I keep hitting 0s?!"
Look like a stated Runescape constantly updates its content they even added a first person mode. World of Warcraft does everyone and a while. Thats why I really think Runescape is better.
EGK!

HyperShadic6

Xx Itz Ian

League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

qolderman

IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

TinyPatch

Bro Rs is wayyyyyy better. Til they added the EoC update. Then it went down hill... But they added back 07 Scape and that's pretty fun but theirs no AGS... or Claws... Rs is better imo.
Tiny

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-