April 28, 2024, 05:42:07 AMLatest Member: Palley

Feed back

Started by Kevin, July 24, 2011, 04:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

July 24, 2011, 04:49:27 AM Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 04:53:02 AM by Kevin
Since there's no feed back section, I'm placing this here. And I'm ranting, if you don't know what a rant is, please find the definition of it before reading. Enjoy.

About the +6 and +7 update.

It's not that I dislike it, okay it is that I dislike it. It's a horrid update and the fact that you (Allie and Opti) felt it was necessary to add such, well it was more than just a bad decision. Now on to why I think it was a bad update. When Elektra came out, the max was ++, okay fair enough. Then later on came the +5 ok fair enough, what in gods name makes you think +7 is high enough? Why not go to +8 or +9 since we're already more than half way there? Go ahead, add on to this horrible update and make everyone happy. The fact that you couldn't simply add new armour is WAY beyond me, HELL let's try to get up to +20 and forget about the model editor that MADE ME (KEVIN) WANT TO COME BACK completely. But hey, that's why you guys are the head honchos right? Heh, Opti and Allie, I like you both alot, and if I didn't tell you how I felt about this, I'd consider myself an ass kisser like back in the Judge_Kevin days, days pass and people grow so if you can't take this little criticism, question your ability to run a private server.

It's ridiculous. It really is.

tl;dr below
1. You couldn't create a new piece of damn armour? Zylongaming: Let's put that AWESOME model editor in the closet and add 16 +'s to armour we already have!
2. You think this benefits our economy? <-- Laugh extra hard
3. This doesn't effect lower armours? The hell it doesn't, you can't control hackers so how the hell do you know. There will be 200 sets in NO TIME. Considering it took me about 20 minutes to find +5, OH YEAH it's a lot more rare. Gtfo with that bs.
4. Taking away the flashing effect.  <-- So people basically spend all of their gigas on the +5 only to be kicked in the nuts, HOW WONDERFUL.
5. You couldn't make a new effect. <--Aren't companies supposed to know how to 'MAKE ADDITIONS' to their game? Maybe that's 2010.

End rage, now for my suggestion:

Make all armour up to +15!!@!%@$

asmit10

Nice.. i wonder why allie / opti hasn't posted ALL the reasons this "benefited" bc. Instead of just saying "we thought it was best"
Quote from: cybercjt on May 27, 2012, 02:27:31 PM
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh
The internet is a great place to grow up. Just make sure you keep growing.

LightRequiem

July 24, 2011, 05:00:54 AM #2 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 05:03:53 AM by LightRequiem
Hello BoutCheetah community,

The administrators have decided to release both +6 and +7 body, arm and head parts for surge, ram and patch. The release will commence at some point later tonight. The reason for this release, as mentioned in alternate threads, is to repair a somewhat overflowing market with regard to giga amounts. These parts cannot be acquired via drops. Only through the combination of +5 parts can one obtain a +6 part and subsequently, to obtain +7 parts, the combination of three +6 parts must occur. In relation to repairing the market, each combination coupon will now cost 6.5 million gigas to purchase -- this will force an influx of gigas from player to system, reducing outstanding giga amounts throughout the community. In addition to the primary purpose of the release of these parts (market repair), the newly added items also give current high level players additional incentive to play the game -- the acquisition of these new items will be anything but easy.

+1/+2/+3/+4/+5 parts will now have standard effects (no dark shadow or blue flashing effects). Moreover, +6 will now represent the dark shadow effect and +7 will display the blue flashing (blinking) effect  formerly represented by +4 and +5 parts respectively. Because +1/+2/+3/+4/+5 parts are obtained via sector drops, it is only natural that no special effect additions are placed on these parts (none-rares). Given that +6/+7 are substantially harder to obtain, the effects aforesaid are allotted to these items, in large part, due to their rarity. We would have released new effects for each item, preserving the former effects of +4/+5 parts; however, keeping a long story short, the coding elements within the database didn't allow for this. We hope the BoutCheetah community enjoys this substantive update!

Kind Regards,

GM Optimism

asmit10

that's all? that's a very good sentance on why this had to happen.
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh

Yoshi91

They did. If you guys would just read.

Main objective:
1. Reduce/balance the Gigas amount.
2. Have an objective level 200 players can aim to reach.
3. Other stuff I'm too sleepy to remember.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also don't like the removing of the dark and flashing effects from +4/+5 parts.
I suggested earlier (in-game) for modded +6/+7 parts, but I considered it myself and remembered the numbers of armor that than would need modded work on....Plus, Allie didn't reply to that suggestion in the lobby.

asmit10

I hear that they only give +60 stats from +5 .... if that's right then what's the point of getting +7?
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh

Rossbach

Allie was trying to find a way to deplete all the +5 and came up with this.

Omnomnom eating toast.

asmit10

Quote from: Rossbach on July 24, 2011, 05:09:58 AM
Allie was trying to find a way to deplete all the +5 and came up with this.

... Fail Excuse Is Fail.
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh

Kevin

Quote from: LightRequiem on July 24, 2011, 05:00:54 AM
Hello BoutCheetah community,

The administrators have decided to release both +6 and +7 body, arm and head parts for surge, ram and patch. The release will commence at some point later tonight. The reason for this release, as mentioned in alternate threads, is to repair a somewhat overflowing market with regard to giga amounts. These parts cannot be acquired via drops. Only through the combination of +5 parts can one obtain a +6 part and subsequently, to obtain +7 parts, the combination of three +6 parts must occur. In relation to repairing the market, each combination coupon will now cost 6.5 million gigas to purchase -- this will force an influx of gigas from player to system, reducing outstanding giga amounts throughout the community. In addition to the primary purpose of the release of these parts (market repair), the newly added items also give current high level players additional incentive to play the game -- the acquisition of these new items will be anything but easy.

+1/+2/+3/+4/+5 parts will now have standard effects (no dark shadow or blue flashing effects). Moreover, +6 will now represent the dark shadow effect and +7 will display the blue flashing (blinking) effect  formerly represented by +4 and +5 parts respectively. Because +1/+2/+3/+4/+5 parts are obtained via sector drops, it is only natural that no special effect additions are placed on these parts (none-rares). Given that +6/+7 are substantially harder to obtain, the effects aforesaid are allotted to these items, in large part, due to their rarity. We would have released new effects for each item, preserving the former effects of +4/+5 parts; however, keeping a long story short, the coding elements within the database didn't allow for this. We hope the BoutCheetah community enjoys this substantive update!

Kind Regards,

GM Optimism

@LightRequiem

If Allie and Opti think this is going to help the economy (I mentioned that in my rant in case you didn't read it at all and I'm assuming you didn't seeing as you just copy and pasted) they are insane. Once you get players in the 'billion' rage, there's not much you can do.

Aimed towards anyone:
If you think I'm going to grind 24 hours for a month to get some fail armour that has +60 compared to +5, your ****ing incredibly dumb.

asmit10

If you think I'm going to grind 24 hours for a month to get some fail armour that has +60 compared to +5, your ****ing incredibly dumb

I think this goes for everyone that knows that it only has +60 stats.
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh

Kevin

Basically a poor excuse to cover up them not being able to actually edit models and make new armour (unless I'm proven wrong).

Allie

I see your fail logic and I'll point out where it fails and how this just seems to embarrass you and everyone who agrees with you.

Your point that we've added up to +7, why not add more?
This was the first plus we've added from the original game, and it was done with intent and purpose, I fail to see how you interpret this as we have the intention of adding more +'s.
I see where you're getting at, but the history of this point is just terrible; we've only done it once and you immediately claim that we have the intention, or might as well, add insane numbers such as +15.

Your point that we might as well have added new armors..
Tell me, what would this have helped?
Would this have helped the huge amount of +5s (the max upgrade) people have?
Of course it would, so we should've just done that!
Would it have helped, in the long run, to deplete some gigas from the game?
Of course, who wouldn't spend the 50k coins per part or grind for a new armor, then delete their gigas intentionally to help deplete gigas.

All of you say it's not worth grinding and wasting all the money on +7.
So tell me, why are you complaining about it?
It's hardly op'ing things much more than they were previously -- our intentions were clear and you can't say it won't help the overall game giga inflation unless you've tried this on your own private server with this many people already - have you?

I'd suggest you just quit this rant, if even I can blow through your absolutely terrible logic, Opti can 15 paragraph wall of text it.
You can dislike it all you want, but once you start publicly trying to say that myself and/or Opti are bad staff members (most of the other staff members agreed on this -- we didn't do it privately) just because we did something that was necessary that you don't like, you've gotten one - rep at least from me.

And if you find making new armors easy, why don't you do it?
Contribute to our community by model editing for us -- I'm sure you're so good at it since you're trying to rush a project that's been worked on since May.
You seriously can't expect we're going to no life the model editing portion of the client -- Matt has been working on it in his spare time and when the project is complete new armors will be possible.
There are plenty of things we haven't worked out in creating new models in most places -- gun and head are easy since they are only one model segment.

Iridion

you guys have the habit of ruining the game and ruining the game more trying to fix the first ruined stuff. :)

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Allie

I fail to see how this ruins the game.
Instead of complaining about +6/7, accept that it exists and either go get it or don't care about it.

Yz

I am a massive bitching QQer when it comes to OP stuff but I personally think +7 was a nice touch, its not THAT op and there's a lot of gigas.. D:
DISCORD killyzkill

asmit10

So you're trying to get ppl to waste their gigas on a set that just gives +60 stats? Tell everyone that and over half the people won't even bother thinking about +7. The only reason some ppl want it is because they want there flash back. You want to deplete the massive ammounts of +5s? What happens when there are massive ammounts of +7s?
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh

mhj

I will rage quit! now my +5 looks like shit! thanks a million zylongaming! atleast make +5 shine :(. fml. i will become inactive.

|More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.|

asmit10

Why
should
they
do
that
why
not
waste
58m
gigas
to
get
shiny
and
+60
stats
they
want
u
to?
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh

Allie

Than they don't have to.
I'm not forcing you to get the most powerful armor.
Do as you please.
There never will be massive amounts of +7.
You noobs are good proof of that.
;\

asmit10

.... k I can't complain about anything else that u can't win in a debate against :/ fail rant is fail.
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh

mhj

Will 215 drop +5 armour then? if not i will seriusly quit..

asmit10

then
have
fun
quiting
lolk.
but
gimme
all
your
stuff
if
u
do
plz.
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh

Meteor

July 24, 2011, 10:36:32 AM #22 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:36:55 AM by Meteor
Quote from: mhj on July 24, 2011, 10:15:48 AM
215 does drop +5's.
Maybe you could increase the chance of at least +4's dropping now?

(click to show/hide)

mhj

Quote from: Meteor on July 24, 2011, 10:36:32 AM
Quote from: mhj on July 24, 2011, 10:15:48 AM
215 does drop +5's.
Maybe you could increase the chance of at least +4's dropping now?

Good.. increase the change of looting +4 & +5 too.

FireyDevel

I don't mind the update, though I do find that the combo coupons hurt the lower-end wealthy people more than anything...

For instance, RAUDOG and Gramps could probablly afford 1000 of them easilly, whereas I myself could spend my whole savings and only get 3 of them.

/poorpersonispoor.
Redemption - We're more than hardcore, know how to start wars and scar yours...

Get ready for doom, because I've blackened the sun and I've bloodied the moon.

mhj

Quote from: FireyDevel on July 24, 2011, 12:34:00 PM
I don't mind the update, though I do find that the combo coupons hurt the lower-end wealthy people more than anything...

For instance, RAUDOG and Gramps could probablly afford 1000 of them easilly, whereas I myself could spend my whole savings and only get 3 of them.

/poorpersonispoor.

I could get 10, but that's not enough for a +6 set... & not even close to a +7...

Selene

/poorpersonispoor.
SAME HERE!

asmit10

Quote from: mhj on July 24, 2011, 12:35:29 PM

/poorpersonispoor.

I could get 10, but that's not enough for a +6 set... & not even close to a +7...
I believe it takes 12 to get a +7 set.
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh

Optimism

You know what this is? These complaints are absolutely shameful/disheartening; moreover, I'm seeing these complaints come from people who I would have never thought would apply such terrible logic to a situation such as this. What this comes down to is pure laziness/complacency with regard to what was an "easy" game, which has now become "challenging". One only has to look to the former Acclaim server and draw a parallel in our actions here. I myself reflect on the past experience of being the wealthiest player in the game at the time of +4's original release. I had acquired all +3 sets for each of my accounts, Optimism, Realism and Pessimism -- this wasn't easy and had dumped a large portion of my wealth into these sets. However, when +4 came out, I didn't bitch about what would be my losses and the unfairness that would take place subsequently -- I wanted to challenge myself in an attempt to gain these new items. I was the very first individual in-game to obtain each +4 set on all three bot types (screenies were posted on the forum). Now, only a few months later, +5 was released. I could have been pissed and angry that I HAD JUST spent nearly 2/5's of my wealth on +4, but I wasn't. A full +5 set cost 20 million gigas per part, starting out. I had around 150 million gigas at the time, so in order to obtain these parts, I had spent my full amount of gigas while simultaneously merchanting for additional gigas to obtain the remainder of the +5 set pieces. To say the least, I wasn't near the first to obtain each +5 set this time. At the end of this journey, I was flat broke. I went from being the wealthiest in-game to one of the poorest. Why? Because I had made the cognitive decision to obtain these parts. In the end, I didn't have to do this, and could have retained my "wealthiest" title; however, I wanted to challenge myself and obtain these part because I felt, to this point, there was little left for me to achieve in the game. In this sense, Acclaim made the game fun to myself -- it was challenging. Similarly, we are trying to do the same for the wealthiest players here. I don't want to play a game that has little updates with regard to achievement potential. Do you? You complain/moan about us not utilizing the new program Matt created for novel item creation; however, you must understand, we are a small team -- having all the time in the world isn't a luxury to us. Moreover, I don't see you extending your immediate hand to give us assistance. Instead of bitching/complaining, maybe you should take a more active roll in helping this community grow, and in turn, moving it in the direction you see fit. But no. This isn't happening; this won't happen, from any of you. There are do'ers and then there are complainers. What we have here is a sad case of the latter.
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

asmit10

Quote from: Optimism on July 24, 2011, 01:00:51 PM
You know what this is? These complaints are absolutely shameful/disheartening; moreover, I'm seeing these complaints come from people who I would have never thought would apply such terrible logic to a situation such as this. What this comes down to is pure laziness/complacency with regard to what was an "easy" game, which has now become "challenging". One only has to look to the former Acclaim server and draw a parallel in our actions here. I myself reflect on the past experience of being the wealthiest player in the game at the time of +4's original release. I had acquired all +3 sets for each of my accounts, Optimism, Realism and Pessimism -- this wasn't easy and had dumped a large portion of my wealth into these sets. However, when +4 came out, I didn't bitch about what would be my losses and the unfairness that would take place subsequently -- I wanted to challenge myself in an attempt to gain these new items. I was the very first individual in-game to obtain each +4 set on all three bot types (screenies were posted on the forum). Now, only a few months later, +5 was released. I could have been pissed and angry that I HAD JUST spent nearly 2/5's of my wealth on +4, but I wasn't. A full +5 set cost 20 million gigas per part, starting out. I had around 150 million gigas at the time, so in order to obtain these parts, I had spent my full amount of gigas while simultaneously merchanting for additional gigas to obtain the remainder of the +5 set pieces. To say the least, I wasn't near the first to obtain each +5 set this time. At the end of this journey, I was flat broke. I went from being the wealthiest in-game to one of the poorest. Why? Because I had made the cognitive decision to obtain these parts. In the end, I didn't have to do this, and could have retained my "wealthiest" title; however, I wanted to challenge myself and obtain these part because I felt, to this point, there was little left for me to achieve in the game. In this sense, Acclaim made the game fun to myself -- it was challenging. Similarly, we are trying to do the same for the wealthiest players here. I don't want to play a game that has little updates with regard to achievement potential. Do you? You complain/moan about us not utilizing the new program Matt created for novel item creation; however, you must understand, we are a small team -- having all the time in the world isn't a luxury to us. Moreover, I don't see you extending your immediate hand to give us assistance. Instead of bitching/complaining, maybe you should take a more active roll in helping this community grow, and in turn, moving it in the direction you see fit. But no. This isn't happening; this won't happen, from any of you. There are do'ers and then there are complainers. What we have here is a sad case of the latter.

O.o I understand why you guys did this. The reason why I was bitching was because I was ignorant and didn't think about the all around benefit that this would bring.
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh

mo9

July 24, 2011, 01:50:31 PM #30 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 01:53:13 PM by mo9
did i miss the part when staff announced they need 3D modelers ?
if this company was recruiting 3D gfxers why did it not go viral with this ?
if you are looking for the best of your community , not what is logically best ,shouldn't you as a company supply your consumers with what they want ...

ps i don't really care about the update  , but i do care about this place and i don't want it to bring itself down

u offered us with a fix for the gigas problem the community did not like it , take a hint change ur method try something that you do not support 100 % but that the community wants
i suggest getting to know what they want first
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

Optimism

July 24, 2011, 01:58:39 PM #31 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 01:59:55 PM by Optimism
Quote from: mo9 on July 24, 2011, 01:50:31 PM
did i miss the part when staff announced they need 3D modelers ?
if this company was recruiting 3D gfxers why did it not go viral with this ?
if you are looking for the best of your community , not what is logically best ,shouldn't you as a company supply your consumers with what they want ...

ps i don't really care about the update  , but i do care about this place and i don't want it to bring itself down

u offered us with a fix for the gigas problem the community did not like it , take a hint change ur method try something that you do not support 100 % but that the community wants
i suggest getting to know what they want first

This modeler is a gold gem right now...

I'm not going to give some elaborate explanation as to why. Put two and two together and ask yourself why this would be an idiotic blunder to release this program to the community.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Jeffalo13

I liked Jeff's idea to just cut all gigas in 1/2 :D.
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Optimism

Quote from: Jeffalo13 on July 24, 2011, 02:00:50 PM
I liked Jeff's idea to just cut all gigas in 1/2 :D.

BLASPHEMY!
- Opti -
- Retired -

mo9

if so then do not bring that subject up do not
ask kev why he does not step up and make a model himself

side note u could use many programs to model , matt's convector is what is needed and that doesn't need to be released

vv secks box

Optimism

Quote from: mo9 on July 24, 2011, 02:01:35 PM
if so then do not bring that subject up do not
ask kev why he does not step up and make a model himself

side note u could use many programs to model , matt's convector is what is needed and that doesn't need to be released

Notice, that a general statement wasn't made. I used the word, you, directed at Kevin, as he is one of those individuals RedEyes would probably trust with the model maker.

Lrn2readsir.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Mikeyy209

I just saw a fine group of people asking Questions and taking a stand, literally put there there tail between there legs when Opti and Allie posted. That being said, you all did a terrible job of making a point, and at some point just called there character into question.

Great Job guys.

I decided, since I'm getting close to being done with Highschool. Why not come back? Also, I'm sure you all will notice that I regularly post in Off Topic, Spam, and GFX. Because Screw General Discussion. My cup of tea is Art, and random shit.

Gramps

Opti, why so much rage?

^^meaty, muncay, zom & kenny <3

Optimism

They are still a very fine group of people. I'd snatch up Kevin in an instant for staff.

Gramps, I have a very, VERY close relationship with mo9. If you are referring to, "lrn2read", this is sarcasm at its finest. I'd never rage at mo9.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Gramps

I'm reffering to you in general.

Optimism

July 24, 2011, 02:18:12 PM #40 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 04:33:43 PM by Optimism
Quote from: Gramps on July 24, 2011, 02:17:24 PM

I've not raged once here within this thread. I've tried to explain, logically, why a vast majority of players are [content] with regard to this update. In-game last night, much excitement was abrew.

By all means, if you wish to make accusations against my character, then I suggest you be more specific. Moreover, I suggest you take it to PMs.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Gramps

Not in the mood for a debating wall of text. On topic of update, what happens when members stop paying because the staff never listen or give them a choice? Just force updates on them without any knowledge.  It is a case of "like it or lump it"

mo9

July 24, 2011, 02:21:07 PM #42 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 02:22:14 PM by mo9
Quote from: Optimism on July 24, 2011, 02:18:12 PM

I've not raged once here within this thread. I've tried to explain, logically, where a vast majority of players are with regard to this update. In-game last night, much excitement was abrew.

the dude is a debater ( he'll go into politics trust me on this )

on topic i am talking to him on msn cause i might have bean un-clear here

anyway my bad on the generalization thing didn't notice it was directed to kev

EDIT: i didnt see granps post when i posted this

vv secks box

Optimism

July 24, 2011, 02:23:21 PM #43 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 02:24:52 PM by Optimism
Quote from: Gramps on July 24, 2011, 02:20:50 PM
Not in the mood for a debating wall of text. On topic of update, what happens when members stop paying because the staff never listen or give them a choice? Just force updates on them without any knowledge.  It is a case of "like it or lump it"

That is exactly what I thought. If you wish to call my character into question again, publicly, I will remove your posts. This is for future reference incase you find yourself in a "wtf moment". As Allie stated previously, this was discussed rather rigorously between staff members. I suggest you find yourself in a position to more actively contribute to discussion in the future, if you find yourself not in touch with decisions around here.

The VAST majority of this community wanted and currently, are enjoying this update. Refer to my previous post making connections with Acclaim's updates. There are always going to be a select group of individuals who disagree with regard to decisions made; however, the majority wanted this.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Gramps

July 24, 2011, 02:25:34 PM #44 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 02:28:19 PM by Gramps
Who asked me to be part of the discussion

Delete my posts? go for it.

kaos555

the reason im a little mad is because i thought ya know i have everything the best  ni the game i didn't really need much of anything else so i gave a lot of my gigas bot stract away to help other ppl out i also spent a lot of other stuff for other ppl to help them.....

The path is open.

Optimism

Quote from: Gramps on July 24, 2011, 02:25:34 PM
Who asked me to be part of the discussion?

Apparently you felt the community wasn't informed to the extent necessary or given enough opportunity to discuss their concerns with regard to the update. Where were you with this suggestion before this update was implemented? No where. Get more involved with discussion. Instead of post-facto bitching/complaining/suggestions, put your two-cents in before something is done.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Gramps

I knew nothing of the update, how am i meant to be involved......

Optimism

July 24, 2011, 02:35:34 PM #48 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 02:36:44 PM by Optimism
Quote from: Gramps on July 24, 2011, 02:31:18 PM

I work closely with Kenny/Allie everyday via MSN. Instead of expecting them to come to you for everything (they both are very busy ALL the time), actively seek them out regarding information/updates. If I weren't on MSN everyday, I would know about as much as you do now. Actively involve yourself. Time is not a luxury to them. Its simply unreasonable for you to expect them to come to you regarding EVERY update.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Gramps

"any update" you mean. I am on msn most of the time too you know. Doesn't matter, i have sent Allie a message, all will be fine once she signs in (been waiting most of the day)

kaos555

Quote from: Gramps on July 24, 2011, 02:37:08 PM
"any update" you mean. I am on msn most of the time too you know. Doesn't matter, i have sent Allie a message, all will be fine once she signs in (been waiting most of the day)
She told me she had something to do today :/

The path is open.

Optimism

Quote from: kaos555 on July 24, 2011, 02:38:37 PM

AWE, now I have no one to make fun of D:.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Jeffalo13

Quote from: Optimism on July 24, 2011, 02:35:34 PM
Quote from: Gramps on July 24, 2011, 02:31:18 PM

I work closely with Kenny/Allie everyday via MSN. Instead of expecting them to come to you for everything (they both are very busy ALL the time), actively seek out them regarding information/updates. If I weren't on MSN everyday, I would know about as much as you do now. Actively involve yourself. Time is not a luxury to them. Its simply unreasonable for you to expect them to come to you regarding EVERY update.

Quote from: Optimism on July 24, 2011, 02:29:14 PM
Instead of post-facto bitching/complaining/suggestions, put your two-cents in before something is done.

I agree with Gramps.  This update came up out of the blue; no staff was informed, and in an update like this, I believe staff should know prior to players.  A little bit of input from staff might be nice...

---

This is not your average update; it changes the game completely.  I'm on MSN a lot, is it expected of me to ask "WHAT'S GOING ON OMG WHAT NEXT UPDATE?".  No.  Every other important issues are discussed in the staff section, why is this update any different?  I don't see any possible way of telling Gramps to actively involve himself; he has over 1000 posts and is in-game almost everyday. 
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

kaos555

Quote from: Optimism on July 24, 2011, 02:39:19 PM

Opti make fun of my pimpin hair D:<

The path is open.

Gramps

Quote from: kaos555 on July 24, 2011, 02:40:26 PM

Kaos don't go off topic please

kaos555

Quote from: Gramps on July 24, 2011, 02:41:26 PM
Quote from: kaos555 on July 24, 2011, 02:40:26 PM

Kaos don't go off topic please
lulz sorry gramps xD/off topic

Well i still think i gave my crap away to ppl to help them and know i have nothing left for me to get +7 :/

The path is open.

Optimism

July 24, 2011, 02:46:06 PM #56 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 02:49:02 PM by Optimism
Welp, better start merchanting :P. I haven't done that since 2008. If it was easy at Acclaim, it can't be too hard here. Or, look at the wealthiest player list and go beg one of them for some gigas XD.

Also, I was under the impression, from Allie, that this decision was discussed fairly extensively.
- Opti -
- Retired -

kaos555

Quote from: Optimism on July 24, 2011, 02:46:06 PM
Welp, better start merchanting :P. I haven't done that since 2008. If it was easy at Acclaim, it can't be too hard here. Or, look at the wealthiest player list and go beg one of them for some gigas XD.
Time to go beg

The path is open.

Jeffalo13

Also, I was under the impression, from Allie, that this decision was discussed fairly extensively.

/boosted to 200
/given +5 Elektra set
/given coin set and gear

I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Gramps

Ignored earlier posts....

Optimism

July 24, 2011, 02:52:14 PM #60 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 02:52:50 PM by Optimism
Quote from: Jeffalo13 on July 24, 2011, 02:49:39 PM

/boosted to 200
/given +5 Elektra set
/given coin set and gear

Hatas' gonna hate ^.^.

http://icanhasinternets.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/haters21.jpg
- Opti -
- Retired -

Gramps

Optimism

July 24, 2011, 02:55:47 PM #62 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 03:01:00 PM by Optimism
Quote from: Gramps on July 24, 2011, 02:53:45 PM
Why ignore me?

Hrm?

If staff wish to discuss this further, then move on over to the staff section for the remainder of discussion.
- Opti -
- Retired -

kaos555

I dunno if anyone said anything about this but make +5 easier obtainable in sector. (like higher chance of getting it O.o ?)

The path is open.

Hct13345

July 24, 2011, 03:31:16 PM #64 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 03:38:24 PM by Hct13345
I also believe +6 and +7 is a unfair update. Players that are un-wealthy have to grind and grind some more to try and even get combo coupons. I've just checked the wealthy rankings and only 71 people have even over 100mil+ gigas. Plus Half of them are inactive. I think that since BS is pretty easy obtainable but still is hard to obtain, a much better idea was to make a simple gigas -> BS converter. Lower the stats of BS by a little and extend the max point. BS is worth way more then gigas now that you guys F'ed up with the economy. For example, you guys made elektra +5 too easily obtainable. Second in bots!! combo coupons and transformation coupons were worth way more then they do now. If you simply boosted the prices by 500%, we wouldn't have people saying "OH WERE GONNA GRIND NOW LET ME SWITCH", 2 minutes later "Awww i don't wanna grind LETS CHANGE TO SURGE", the next day "LOLOL I WANNA BE OP PATCH IM JUST GONNA SWITCH". Also people would probably rather have 100k bs then a +6 set that is way harder to obtain. Next of all, the un-wealthy people which is probably 19/20 of the community, have to do so much to even obtain max items. Plus now with BS giving stats there even less OPed. Also what make you think even 1/3 of community even likes grinding and only do it for the guilds or to obtain parts/coins? This update just made VERY VERY few people besides the one who are OMFGWTF wealthy say "TROLLOLLOL we have max BS and +7" or Staff would say "LOL I GOT MAX ARMOR BECAUSE IM STAFF AND ALL I DID WAS DO A ESSAY ON HOW MUCH I WOULD CATCH HACKERS, WHEN I ONLY SEE IZY REPORTING THEM LOLOL" This update did nothing and only made ICE,THEMATIC, and some people less wealthier when they're gonna get even more OPed.

P.S. (I know staff members can see deleted posts but i accidently posted this on my bro's acc)

Pokeh

The +6/7 update is a big dent in the inflation problem for the current economy. Can the dent heal? Sure if the +6/7 items don't work out.

As long as we keep adding new "ways" to keep the players busy with buying and selling stuff and advancing in their armor, everything will go well. This doesn't necessarily mean though that we have to add +8's etc...

Optimism

July 24, 2011, 04:30:41 PM #66 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 04:37:16 PM by Optimism
Quote from: Hct13345 on July 24, 2011, 03:31:16 PM
I also believe +6 and +7 is a unfair update. Players that are un-wealthy have to grind and grind some more to try and even get combo coupons. I've just checked the wealthy rankings and only 71 people have even over 100mil+ gigas. Plus Half of them are inactive. I think that since BS is pretty easy obtainable but still is hard to obtain, a much better idea was to make a simple gigas -> BS converter. Lower the stats of BS by a little and extend the max point. BS is worth way more then gigas now that you guys F'ed up with the economy. For example, you guys made elektra +5 too easily obtainable. Second in bots!! combo coupons and transformation coupons were worth way more then they do now. If you simply boosted the prices by 500%, we wouldn't have people saying "OH WERE GONNA GRIND NOW LET ME SWITCH", 2 minutes later "Awww i don't wanna grind LETS CHANGE TO SURGE", the next day "LOLOL I WANNA BE OP PATCH IM JUST GONNA SWITCH". Also people would probably rather have 100k bs then a +6 set that is way harder to obtain. Next of all, the un-wealthy people which is probably 19/20 of the community, have to do so much to even obtain max items. Plus now with BS giving stats there even less OPed. Also what make you think even 1/3 of community even likes grinding and only do it for the guilds or to obtain parts/coins? This update just made VERY VERY few people besides the one who are OMFGWTF wealthy say "TROLLOLLOL we have max BS and +7" or Staff would say "LOL I GOT MAX ARMOR BECAUSE IM STAFF AND ALL I DID WAS DO A ESSAY ON HOW MUCH I WOULD CATCH HACKERS, WHEN I ONLY SEE IZY REPORTING THEM LOLOL" This update did nothing and only made ICE,THEMATIC, and some people less wealthier when they're gonna get even more OPed.

P.S. (I know staff members can see deleted posts but i accidently posted this on my bro's acc)

\facepalm. Allow me to refute your post, sir.

The wealthy are wealthy for a reason -- they've worked hard in the past; thus, them obtaining +7 is simply this hard work in the past transitioning into current gains. Basically, your post is a big giant complaint regarding your laziness. If you don't want to grind/work hard for parts, then you don't deserve to have them. Ice and others have EARNED their gigas via legitimate means. If they wish to use these gigas to buy +6/+7 parts, then so be it. No one said it was going to be easy. Alot of you are upset now that you have to work for something great in this game. Get. Over. It. Games are meant to be challenging. This isn't the WOW AUTO 255 SERVER...
- Opti -
- Retired -

Jeffalo13

Quote from: Optimism on July 24, 2011, 04:30:41 PM
Hey bud, you have alot of work to do if you want these parts. No one said it was going to be easy. Alot of you are upset now that you have to work for something great in this game. Get. Over. It.

I'm 3 +5 bodies away from a +7 Dark S/R/P set >_>.
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Optimism

Quote from: Jeffalo13 on July 24, 2011, 04:37:09 PM
Hey bud, you have alot of work to do if you want these parts. No one said it was going to be easy. Alot of you are upset now that you have to work for something great in this game. Get. Over. It.

I'm 3 +5 bodies away from a +7 Dark S/R/P set >_>.

HAXOR D:.
- Opti -
- Retired -

NeoKiller

I'm 3 +5 bodies away from a +7 Dark S/R/P set >_>. thanks to neo I love him.

LightRequiem

Quote from: NeoKiller on July 24, 2011, 04:40:09 PM

I'm 3 +5 bodies away from a +7 Dark S/R/P set >_>. thanks to light & neo I love him.

Hct13345

The wealthy are wealthy for a reason -- they've worked hard in the past; thus, them obtaining +7 is simply this hard work in the past transitioning into current gains. Basically, your post is a big giant complaint regarding your laziness. If you don't want to grind/work hard for parts, then you don't deserve to have them. Ice and others have EARNED their gigas via legitimate means. If they wish to use these gigas to buy +6/+7 parts, then so be it. No one said it was going to be easy. Alot of you are upset now that you have to work for something great in this game. Get. Over. It. Games are meant to be challenging. This isn't the WOW AUTO 255 SERVER...

Okay, then your saying this update was meant toward only about 35 people in the community. (I counted everybody with 100mil gigas or more and cut them in half because half of them are inactive). All the players that are not rich (95%) of the community will be severely under powered? Also your making this so that past players who are not wealthy have to grind more and more and more even though they already had past maximum armor? So for now all the rich players will have OP items? Why don't you just use my Suggestion and make a Gigas --> BS Converter and Upgrade the prices on Trans coupons?
Gg Sir.

Pokeh

^Win Idea. +7's weren't really necessary. +6 should have been added, if anything at all.

Add the converter, and make a 50k gigas charge per use for converting gigas, coins and botstract. Make it free for members?

Kevin

That's why Allie deliberately took away my 1b+ gigas. Maybe this is a fail post, but I stand for what I believe in, and seeing as in the past my opinions meant absolutely nothing, I expected little to no difference with this post. 5 pages later it wasn't a waste of time to me because I care about the community and want whats best for it, then I should be able to look past this update right? Sorry, I can't after some of the people I've talked to. I have no power over who, what or how you do things so next time there's a update I'll keep my mouth shut.

Lock this.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-