June 16, 2024, 11:56:40 AMLatest Member: Agenony
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Anyone else agree (Pokemon)

Anyone else agree (Pokemon)

Started by Allie, July 28, 2011, 08:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie

The cover art of the gameboy pokemon games kicked the most ass.
They got progressively worse.

Gameboy(color):

Gameboy Advance:

Nintendo DS

Insaniity

oprototype

I completely agree. It's because at first the creature sprites were designed to be scarier. Now, it's for little kids, so there are ice cream cone pokemon.

Optimism

Its all bad -- what are you talking about?
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Allie

Quote from: Optimism on July 28, 2011, 08:49:55 PM

You have no creativity.
This was demonstrated on MSN earlier.

iwasbobo

Keep in mind the game cartridges are getting smaller, too, so they have less space to work with.

Quote from: Pokeh'this is called the blockimus-glieicha, also known as the block glitch'

Optimism

Quote from: Allie on July 28, 2011, 08:51:57 PM
Quote from: Optimism on July 28, 2011, 08:49:55 PM

You have no creativity.
This was demonstrated on MSN earlier.

You mean, I don't have the creativity of a 5 year old? :]
- Opti -
- Retired -

Allie

Quote from: iwasbobo on July 28, 2011, 09:07:17 PM
Keep in mind the game cartridges are getting smaller, too, so they have less space to work with.

I was referring to the box art; the cartridges was just an additional point.

Optimism

Box art is shit. I could have done better.
- Opti -
- Retired -

kaos555

The path is open.

Pokeh

That's just advances in technology. They went from fat battery draining gameboy color cartridges to sd card- like DS cartridges. + graphics and everything is much better. They actually have more space to work with in a more smaller cartridge size.

Agreed @ topic. But not just the covers, but the repetitive plot lines are starting to fall into place while playing the actual games. Shit really started going bad after Pokemon Emerald.

iwasbobo

Quote from: Pokeh on July 28, 2011, 10:19:52 PM

That's just advances in technology. They went from fat battery draining gameboy color cartridges to sd card- like DS cartridges. + graphics and everything is much better. They actually have more space to work with in a more smaller cartridge size.

Agreed @ topic. But not just the covers, but the repetitive plot lines are starting to fall into place while playing the actual games. Shit really started going bad after Pokemon Emerald.

I was talking about the art ON the cartridges.

@ Allie - Yes, then. They just made them look more... epic in the originals, somehow, even compared to the remakes.

Quote from: Pokeh'this is called the blockimus-glieicha, also known as the block glitch'

Toast

How come my FireRed game is different? Mine's not transparent, it's just dark stoneish grey. Maybe that's why it's broken. >_>

Allie

They've all been transparent since Pokemon Crystal and up to DS games.

iwasbobo

Fire Red and Leaf Green aren't in some cases. The LG in that picture isn't, and my FR is the same way.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-