April 27, 2024, 08:22:46 PMLatest Member: fsglgsll
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Feedback/Rants » Unprofessionalism in-game /in-forum

Unprofessionalism in-game /in-forum

Started by zepher2211, July 29, 2011, 05:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zepher2211

I've wanted to point out that even though my flaming of GM's / Staff Members is highly complained about, it's easily preventable. In-Game I see some of the worst tolerance possible, is a staff member not supposed to be cool headed? If you are so easily set off by my immature comments that you feel the need to get involved, are you not making the problem worse? What I'm saying is I flame because it brings out the worst in the staff member, if they didn't become so frustrated, it'd be boring and pointless. I'd also like to complain that you can log activities on the forum, but not in-game. For example, a certain staff member enters our grinding room and begins a convo with me, the room master complains he's slowing our grinding down, and that he could have this conversation through whispering, that he should exit. Said staff member ignores the room master's complaints and continues scolding me, so the room master kicks him as he has warned before hand. Coincidentally our room was killed 15 seconds later. There was no proof, no way to prove the staff member had done anything wrong. I'm just saying if we expect hackers not to hack, and we can log it, why can't we expect our staff members not to abuse their powers, and log it? Secondly I wanted to point out our rules and how they're interpreted by the staff members. Specifically the new rule about threatening a staff member. I was once flamed by a staff member heavily through msn, when I reported this I was told it was through msn, thus he/she could not be punished. Very recently I "threatened" a staff member that I would spam a thread, with no real intention to do so. (I believe this was what I was reported for correct me if I'm wrong) This "threat" was said through msn, yet there was serious debate as to whether I should be IP Banned. If I must now watch how I speak to a staff member outside of the forum/game, why shouldn't they have to watch how they speak to me?

All this is under the assumption that staff members will have the maturity to not bash the thread for what it is.
Powersurge
Headstrong

Izy

Quote7. No flaming or harassing of another player of any sort.
13. Threatening a staff member with serious intentions will result in an IP ban -- no exceptions.

You're no exception.
The measure of a man is what he does with power.

GAMERTAG: Izy619
PSN: Izy619

mastrup321

Quote from: Izy on July 29, 2011, 05:33:46 PM
13. Threatening a staff member with serious intentions will result in an IP ban -- no exceptions.

You're no exception.

So you are saying that staff members can threaten other players without any consequences.

I understand you zepher, unprofessional.

mo9

July 29, 2011, 05:39:57 PM #4 Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 06:12:54 PM by mo9
Quote from: mastrup321 on July 29, 2011, 05:38:09 PM

You're no exception.

So you are saying that staff members can threaten other players without any consequences.

who u be

and i disagree with zypher two wrongs dont make a right
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

Hct13345

Izy

Quote from: mastrup321 on July 29, 2011, 05:38:09 PM

You're no exception.

That's not what I said. Zepher can't expect us (the staff) to let him flame anyone that gets in his way without any consequenses.

zepher2211

You're no exception.

Quote9. Spamming is prohibited (spam bot software is prohibited [refer to rule 7])

You're no exception, nowhere in this thread am I complaining about my punishments, but perhaps you fail to read the thread, I am complaining about the staffs unprofessional reaction to me, and others.

@mo9: Two wrongs don't make a right? what in the world are you talking about o-o
Powersurge
Headstrong

Iridion

July 29, 2011, 05:53:10 PM #8 Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 05:58:40 PM by Iridion
zypher?

I don't like opti's conduct sometimes other staff fine to me

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Hct13345

Deathreaper

Lyfe says" your a necrophile"

mo9

Quote from: zepher2211 on July 29, 2011, 05:10:53 PM
I was once flamed by a staff member heavily through msn (1st mistake made by said staff member), when I reported this I was told it was through msn, thus he/she could not be punished. Very recently I "threatened" ( second mistake made by you) a staff member that I would spam a thread, with no real intention to do so. (I believe this was what I was reported for correct me if I'm wrong)
Quote from: mo9 on July 29, 2011, 05:39:57 PM

vv secks box

zepher2211

Quote from: mo9 on July 29, 2011, 06:17:36 PM
I was once flamed by a staff member heavily through msn (1st mistake made by said staff member), when I reported this I was told it was through msn, thus he/she could not be punished. Very recently I "threatened" ( second mistake made by you) a staff member that I would spam a thread, with no real intention to do so. (I believe this was what I was reported for correct me if I'm wrong)

What gave you the idea I was talking about the same staff member? I was speaking of two separate incidents with two different staff members. o-o
Powersurge
Headstrong

Izy

Quote from: zepher2211 on July 29, 2011, 05:52:41 PM

You're no exception.

Quote9. Spamming is prohibited (spam bot software is prohibited [refer to rule 7])

You're no exception, nowhere in this thread am I complaining about my punishments, but perhaps you fail to read the thread, I am complaining about the staffs unprofessional reaction to me, and others.

After reading your initial post, I got the impression that you were trying to complain in a more disguised way than usually.

zepher2211

Quote from: Izy on July 29, 2011, 06:28:04 PM
Quote from: zepher2211 on July 29, 2011, 05:52:41 PM

You're no exception.

After reading your initial post, I got the impression that you were trying to complain in a more disguised way than usually.

Somehow under the impression that I'm always out to get someone.
Powersurge
Headstrong

mo9

Quote from: zepher2211 on July 29, 2011, 06:24:06 PM
Quote from: mo9 on July 29, 2011, 06:17:36 PM

What gave you the idea I was talking about the same staff member? I was speaking of two separate incidents with two different staff members. o-o

my bad

vv secks box

Hct13345

I now name zepher qualified debater!!!

Kevin

It's always been like this, and unfortunately staff members are obligated to say 'if you think you can do a better job go ahead and try'.

Not to name any names, but I know how it is.

Meta

Quote from: Kevin on July 30, 2011, 03:14:20 AM
It's always been like this, and unfortunately staff members are obligated to say 'if you think you can do a better job go ahead and try'.

Not to name any names, but I know how it is.

You and I both :3
SuperOmegaPenguinHaxWolfergangers of Staffyndoria!!!!

Bounty

Speaking of Staffyndoria,

Wtf is going on with it?

|**** a bitch - Respect a women - Love a lady|

Meta

Want me to bring the thread back?
It's locked in the guild section.

Bounty

Meta

Gramps is demoted, he's automatically in the crew :3

Bounty

Kevin

do it or bounty gets finger in eyehole

Bounty

Meta

If anyone still has the Staffyndoria ub, pm it to me.
I'll remake thread :3

zomniethe4

Zom

Bounty

zepher2211

an you guys bring that discussion elsewhere, lol.
Powersurge
Headstrong

GavinGill

I've wanted to point out that even though my flaming of GM's / Staff Members is highly complained about, it's easily preventable. In-Game I see some of the worst tolerance possible, is a staff member not supposed to be cool headed? If you are so easily set off by my immature comments that you feel the need to get involved, are you not making the problem worse? What I'm saying is I flame because it brings out the worst in the staff member, if they didn't become so frustrated, it'd be boring and pointless.
You're right, it is easily preventable. You can either not act like an ass or simply be muted/banned.

In-game logs are a good idea though.

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is
done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

Kevin

AkA most popular = Staff position

Gotta LOVE Boutchink

GavinGill

August 01, 2011, 10:46:44 PM #31 Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 11:35:38 PM by GavinGill
Quote from: Kevin on August 01, 2011, 09:57:11 PM
AkA most popular = Staff position

Gotta LOVE Boutchink
You mean like how it is on every other online game when it comes to VGMs and forum mods? They never hire random people, it's always someone who's not only capable of doing the job but they're almost always a recognized member of the community as well.

zepher2211

Quote from: GavinGill on August 01, 2011, 05:40:19 PM
I've wanted to point out that even though my flaming of GM's / Staff Members is highly complained about, it's easily preventable. In-Game I see some of the worst tolerance possible, is a staff member not supposed to be cool headed? If you are so easily set off by my immature comments that you feel the need to get involved, are you not making the problem worse? What I'm saying is I flame because it brings out the worst in the staff member, if they didn't become so frustrated, it'd be boring and pointless.
You're right, it is easily preventable. You can either not act like an ass or simply be muted/banned.

Obviously you haven't noticed that muting me causes more problems then preventing it before it gets out of hand, what type of logic are you using O-o
Powersurge
Headstrong

GavinGill

^ And that's because you choose to act like a 10 year old instead of growing up, it has nothing to do with the way Zylon's handling things. You just need to man up and handle things without QQing. Also, it isn't the muting that causes more problems, it the fact that the mutes and bans are temporary.

Hct13345

zepher2211

Quote from: GavinGill on August 01, 2011, 11:38:37 PM
^ And that's because you choose to act like a 10 year old instead of growing up, it has nothing to do with the way Zylon's handling things. You just need to man up and handle things without QQing. Also, it isn't the muting that causes more problems, it the fact that the mutes and bans are temporary.

Muting someone permanently is the same as banning them, thus the implementation of the warning system would be useless, and this would be a communist state. Anyway I don't act like a ten year old O-o
Powersurge
Headstrong

Allie

Quote from: zepher2211 on August 01, 2011, 11:25:23 PM
Quote from: GavinGill on August 01, 2011, 05:40:19 PM

Obviously you haven't noticed that muting me causes more problems then preventing it before it gets out of hand, what type of logic are you using O-o

You're the problem in both situations; so that's all you bro.

GavinGill

Quote from: zepher2211 on August 01, 2011, 11:47:54 PM
Muting someone permanently is the same as banning them, thus the implementation of the warning system would be useless, and this would be a communist state. Anyway I don't act like a ten year old O-o
Ok, then the bans should be permanent; what's your point? What does Communism have to do with anything? As for you acting like a 10 year old, you most certainly do if all you're doing is QQing and refusing to acknowledge that you're the problem in most of these situations.

Hct13345

August 02, 2011, 12:04:49 AM #38 Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:07:57 AM by Hct13345

Quote from: Hct13345 on August 01, 2011, 11:44:46 PM
Gavin wins cause he types in lime.  8)

umad

Kevin

Quote from: Hct13345 on August 02, 2011, 12:04:49 AM

Quote from: Hct13345 on August 01, 2011, 11:44:46 PM
Gavin wins cause he types in lime.  8)

umad

Well, Gavin has always been a suck up. As for you HCT, that image probably depicts you irl.

Allie

Quote from: Kevin on August 02, 2011, 12:11:48 AM
Well, Gavin has always been a suck up.

Whoa, well, welcome to the group of...whatever the **** the retards who wanna be cool are called.

kaos555

Quote from: Allie on August 02, 2011, 12:13:24 AM
Quote from: Kevin on August 02, 2011, 12:11:48 AM
Well, Gavin has always been a suck up.

Whoa, well, welcome to the group of...whatever the **** the retards who wanna be cool are called.
We r called the retards

The path is open.

zepher2211

Quote from: GavinGill on August 02, 2011, 12:03:27 AM
Ok, then the bans should be permanent; what's your point? What does Communism have to do with anything? As for you acting like a 10 year old, you most certainly do if all you're doing is QQing and refusing to acknowledge that you're the problem in most of these situations.

I fail to see where I'm QQ'ing within that whole entire post, perhaps you'tr misconstrued in your beliefs O-o I'm acknowledging I'm the problem, if you didn't notice that's what the whole thread is centered around, the staff's inability to react in anyway that would get a different reaction then it did last time. Your analysis skills seem to be lacking

@Allie: Did I ever deny I was the problem? The threads about reacting to the problem, not what the problem is.
Powersurge
Headstrong

Kevin

Suckin **** since 1762.

On topic, Any half decent minded human being would know that a majority of people playing Boutcheetah are 12 year olds, nothing wrong with that except for the fact that they are currently in a 1 week relationship and feel on top of the world. People can just as easily lie about their age as they can lie about what they'll do for the community.

Look at me, a two sided person - Professional when needed, laid back and carefree when not.

Optimism

You do realize, that Muncay should have been IP banned/expunged from this forum 20 mutes ago...

I have a feeling, a foot may be coming down in the near future...permanently. The problem is, we are simply too nice of people. This will be changing.
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Allie

If that's the case of the rant, than so be it.
I'ma lock this since you recognize the staff are not unprofessional, but you're causing drama and are, overall, the problem.
If you continue to be the problem the only solution will be to IP ban you, since that's the professional way to handle it (solve the problem without letting emotions for your person get in the way).

Allie

Quote from: GavinGill on August 02, 2011, 12:31:34 AM
Or at least add this in. And yes, getting the last word in is important.
-----

Quote from: Kevin on August 02, 2011, 12:11:48 AMWell, Gavin has always been a suck up.
Lmao, you're calling me a suck up just because I called you out on your bullshit in that one thread? So what exactly constitutes as sucking up to you? As far as I remember, Corr and I only joined B.Cheetah so we could screw with Allie and everyone else here and we took every chance to point out every flaw here. Even Allie can attest to that, I've badgered here non-stop over the most trivial of matter ever since I came here and even before that, I used to bug her on BOTS!! too (although I was more insulting than annoying back than).Pointing out when you're wrong doesn't mean I'm sucking up to anyone, it just means I'm pointing out you're wrong. If I hurt your feelings in that thread, I apologize; you really should grow up though.

Quote from: zepher2211 on August 02, 2011, 12:11:48 AMI fail to see where I'm QQ'ing within that whole entire post
I would have mentioned the post specifically if I was referring to it when I made that comment. I meant in general; every time I come back here you're always complaining about one thing or another, and it's usually about being muted/banned.

Quote from: zepher2211 on August 02, 2011, 12:11:48 AMI'm acknowledging I'm the problem, if you didn't notice that's what the whole thread is centered around, the staff's inability to react in anyway that would get a different reaction then it did last time.
Again, I meant in general. But if you want to be specific, no you're not really acknowledging that you're the problem, you're implying that the staff is the main one and you're just reacting to it. Which, for the most part, isn't the case.

Anyway, I already threw my 2 cents - staff needs to start dishing out permanent bans.

Optimism

I'll go get a set of golden ban hammers, +9000 damage.

BrB.
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-